JUAN PIERRE

JUGGERNAUT

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Dec 2, 2005 -> 12:33 PM)
When did he sign his lucrative deal? And since when do you know what fits into the Sox payroll?

Our manager has gone on record saying he wants/needs a two hole hitter.

We just traded away our starting CF.

I dont want Pierre as much as some do, but at the same time, your consistent bashing has become tiresome.

Everyone knows he will make over 5 million...

He has done nothing to prove that he would be a decent 2 hole hitter.... or if his ego would even allow giving up his "spot." Professional atheletes can be funny that way... Especially ones who have been fawned over by the national media as much as Pierre.

We have 2 better options in house and one thats just as good defensively... All we need is defense out of the postion... The money could be spent more wisely elsewhere...

• Replies 598
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(SSH2005 @ Dec 2, 2005 -> 01:19 PM)
You must be disappointed.  You seemed to like Pierre a lot.

f***in Castillo was had for a song, we couldve gotten pierre for basically nothing as well. I didnt want him, but seriously we could've traded him to the cubs for pitching or a couple of guys from the diamondjaxx.

Quick is now posting through you??

Looks like it could be true.

Pierre

He called me, I just happened to be online so I posted it.

I'm not disappointed if it's true, that's the way it goes sometimes. I think he's a good player and would've played well here, but that's life.

The Marlins offered Juan Pierre to the Yankees for pitchers Sean Henn and Scott Proctor, according to the New York Post.

Supposedly, the Yankees are thinking about it. We'd be shocked if the Marlins couldn't get more than this from another team, if not the Cubs than maybe the Rangers or Mariners. Neither Henn nor Proctor qualifies as a building block.

Hmm....

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Dec 2, 2005 -> 01:46 PM)
The Marlins offered Juan Pierre to the Yankees for pitchers Sean Henn and Scott Proctor, according to the New York Post.

Supposedly, the Yankees are thinking about it. We'd be shocked if the Marlins couldn't get more than this from another team, if not the Cubs than maybe the Rangers or Mariners. Neither Henn nor Proctor qualifies as a building block.

Hmm....

Go to school.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Dec 2, 2005 -> 07:46 PM)
YES!!!! THank goodness. Juan Pierre would have been a terrible fit. Thank you Yankees!!!!!

I actually agree with you. I think it's time we give one of our young outfielders the chance to prove themselves, and it starts with Anderson this year.

It's not a done deal yet, guys.  The Yankees are still thinking about it:

Scott Proctor and Sean Henn for Juan Pierre.

Quickman is nuts I'm tellin' ya.

I asked him if it was done, he said yes, Gammons is reporting it.

That's exactly why I posted it as "per Quickman" :P

Just when I thought I was out, I get pulled back in. I told Jim I heard juan Pierre was traded to the yankees. He asked if it was a done deal I said I think so but turn on the radio because I caught the tail end. It appears that Jim did not do this and cited me as a source which I am not. Please keep me out of it. I am here to read not post. Thanks very much.

Just when I thought I was out, I get pulled back in. I told Jim I heard juan Pierre was traded to the yankees. He asked if it was a done deal I said I think so but turn on the radio because I caught the tail end. It appears that Jim did not do this and cited me as a source which I am not. Please keep me out of it. I am here to read not post. Thanks very much.

Stop it, don't flatter yourself Al Pacino.

If you are here to read, that's great, then read, but what is it that asshole said, "reading is a skill", he is a prick by the way, just saying.

I said "looks like Pierre to the Yankees" and I do not have my ear to the freakin' radio Captain XM. So my advice is to stop yourself, have a PBR and relax yourself, by the way cell phones are still bulls*** but that's ok.

By the way did I mention anyone who thinks he is a hot s*** by trotting out the "reading is a skill" line is usually a 27 yr. old slacker dweeb. Off topic, just saying.

Carry on.

:D

PS - oops meant to edit that line by saying a 27 yr. old slacker dweeb with a Napoleon complex and very likely a small member.

:bang

Edited by JimH

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Dec 1, 2005 -> 09:12 PM)
I want to punch that website in the face right now....

I can hear it now.. "But Young strikes out a lot"... "But Cotts walks too many people"

The only thing that makes me angrier is this 30-something page thread.

I think we will be getting Pierre, but I would yack if they gave up Cotts or Young in the deal. That said I think Marte and Sweeney is a possibility. In fact, I could see Marte and Anderson.

I think we'd be over-paying, but if Pierre plays like he did two years ago it fills a need so to speak.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Dec 2, 2005 -> 07:33 PM)
I think we will be getting Pierre, but I would yack if they gave up Cotts or Young in the deal.  That said I think Marte and Sweeney is a possibility.  In fact, I could see Marte and Anderson. 

I think we'd be over-paying, but if Pierre plays like he did two years ago it fills a need so to speak.

I would be hesitant giving up Anderson even if it was with just Marte. Is it worth giving him up for 1 year of Pierre?

Well if the Yanks make that deal, its a very good one from there perspective. Proctor is a loser and I will never understand why there hyped up prospects get so much love.

In perspective, I don't think Proctor is any better than Arnie Munoz. I can't speak much of the other prospect, but I'm sure he's not better than Sean Tracey as a prospect.

If someone told me Sean Tracey and Arnie Munoz would have gotten Juan Pierre, I probably would have been pretty willing to pull the trigger.

All that said, I really am not at a loss and considering I was thinking one of our young Of's was gonna be gone for Pierre, I'm kind of happy that we'll be focusing on another CF. I just hope its a good one we find.

Here's a question, does anyone think the Sox will be crazy enough to try to put Erstad back in CF. When he's there is a stud defensively and while he's overpaid, I don't think you'd have to give up much in terms of talent. I know his numbers aren't the greatest, but he's a good all around player that would definately fit in the 2 hole.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Dec 2, 2005 -> 05:40 PM)
Well if the Yanks make that deal, its a very good one from there perspective.  Proctor is a loser and I will never understand why there hyped up prospects get so much love.

In perspective, I don't think Proctor is any better than Arnie Munoz.  I can't speak much of the other prospect, but I'm sure he's not better than Sean Tracey as a prospect.

If someone told me Sean Tracey and Arnie Munoz would have gotten Juan Pierre, I probably would have been pretty willing to pull the trigger.

All that said, I really am not at a loss and considering I was thinking one of our young Of's was gonna be gone for Pierre, I'm kind of happy that we'll be focusing on another CF.  I just hope its a good one we find.

Here's a question, does anyone think the Sox will be crazy enough to try to put Erstad back in CF.  When he's there is a stud defensively and while he's overpaid, I don't think you'd have to give up much in terms of talent.  I know his numbers aren't the greatest, but he's a good all around player that would definately fit in the 2 hole.

Kenny is the type of gm to think outside the box but I highly doubt you see Erstad here. It does sound like the Angels were planning on moving him back to cf if they signed paul, do you think he can handle cf right now or do you think he'll be back on the dl every two weeks if he's moved back there?

Is he in enough shape to play CF for 120+ games a year? He's 31 years old and was moved to 1st for a reason but his numbers at the Cell are sick!

.412 avg, .444 OBP, .588 SLG, 1.032 OPS since 2002 and his numbers are better at U.S. Cellular than they are in any other stadium. Dodger Stadium is 2nd.