Senator Jay Rockefeller

mreye

QUOTE(Steff @ Nov 17, 2005 -> 04:21 PM)
Death toll #'s...?  :huh

But there's more people in TWO HOURS that died on 9/11. Don't get me wrong, all lives are equally important.

Now I'll get the "but but but but but but but 9/11 and Iraq ARE NOT connected"... but they are.

Iraq may not have been a part of the planning for 9/11, but they had a state-sponsored terrorist program, and the rhetoric for years was to sabre-rattle Isreal and the US.

I'd rather all the people (terrorists) go into Iraq then here and kill more of us who aren't trained to be in a war setting.

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Nov 17, 2005 -> 10:25 AM)
But there's more people in TWO HOURS that died on 9/11.  Don't get me wrong, all lives are equally important. 

Now I'll get the "but but but but but but but 9/11 and Iraq ARE NOT connected"... but they are.

Iraq may not have been a part of the planning for 9/11, but they had a state-sponsored terrorist program, and the rhetoric for years was to sabre-rattle Isreal and the US. 

I'd rather all the people (terrorists) go into Iraq then here and kill more of us who aren't trained to be in a war setting.

Ugh kap.. it's so not you to justify bulls***.

QUOTE(Steff @ Nov 17, 2005 -> 10:27 AM)
Nothing. Not worth it..

Steff, it's not like I want people to die, but do you realize how many of his own people he was killing? Innocent people? How many he would kill if left alone? Is 2000 American lives worth giving 25 million their first tase of freedom and maybe causing a snowball effect of peace in the middle east? In my honest opinion, yes, it is damn well worth it. And there are more Gold Star mothers that agree with me than agree with Cindy Sheehan.

QUOTE(mreye @ Nov 17, 2005 -> 10:35 AM)
Steff, it's not like I want people to die, but do you realize how many of his own people he was killing? Innocent people? How many he would kill if left alone? Is 2000 American lives worth giving 25 million their first tase of freedom and maybe causing a snowball effect of peace in the middle east? In my honest opinion, yes, it is damn well worth it. And there are more Gold Star mothers that agree with me than agree with Cindy Sheehan.

Eye.. at this point staying there has NOTHING to do with Sadam anymore. I never said we shouldn't have stopped him. But last time I checked he was in a prison cell and no longer murdering "his people".

Give them the tools to act like humans rather than animals, and get the hell out of there. Those idiots will never stop killing eachother no matter what is done.

QUOTE(Steff @ Nov 17, 2005 -> 10:40 AM)
Eye.. at this point staying there has NOTHING to do with Sadam anymore. I never said we shouldn't have stopped him. But last time I checked he was in a prison cell and no longer murdering "his people".

Give them the tools to act like humans rather than animals, and get the hell out of there. Those idiots will never stop killing eachother no matter what is done.

I think that's exactly what we are trying to do. If we leave now, there will be another despot take control over there and all this will have been for nothing.

QUOTE(YASNY @ Nov 17, 2005 -> 10:58 AM)
I think that's exactly what we are trying to do.  If we leave now, there will be another despot take control over there and all this will have been for nothing.

I just don't think they will ever learn.

And, which is selfish, I don't want to ever, EVER read a post here hearing that something has happened to NUKE... :crying

QUOTE(Steff @ Nov 17, 2005 -> 11:06 AM)
I just don't think they will ever learn.

And, which is selfish, I don't want to ever, EVER read a post here hearing that something has happened to NUKE...  :crying

And I think they will. I think a solid foundation of freedom, democracy and legitimate government will conquer terrorism. That's why they're fighting back so hard. They know if Iraq is stabilized they're screwed, just like we know if it;s not we're screwed. Democracy is screwed.