Bulls @ trailblazers.

qwerty

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ Nov 17, 2005 -> 12:25 AM)
How in the f*** do you not have Gordon in the game?  Skiles really does hate Ben with a passion.

The lesson is simple. You don't play both sides of the floor, you don't play at all, and Gordon is absolutely etrocious defensively. Supposedly, he worked on his D during the offseason. Yet to see a difference.

QUOTE(KevHead0881 @ Nov 16, 2005 -> 11:32 PM)
The lesson is simple.  You don't play both sides of the floor, you don't play at all, and Gordon is absolutely etrocious defensively.  Supposedly, he worked on his D during the offseason.  Yet to see a difference.

Half the players in the league don't play a lick of defense. I think Skiles is just a stubborn mofo.

QUOTE(KevHead0881 @ Nov 16, 2005 -> 11:32 PM)
The lesson is simple.  You don't play both sides of the floor, you don't play at all, and Gordon is absolutely etrocious defensively.  Supposedly, he worked on his D during the offseason.  Yet to see a difference.

This is stupid. You don't need defense when you're down 1 and it's your ball with 9 seconds left.

QUOTE(fathom @ Nov 16, 2005 -> 09:23 PM)
4 Bulls players all went after Telfair.  Not very good team defense.

It was also a serious moving screen on Theo Ratlif who blocked up Hinrich, which created the opening for Telfair and Sweetney had to play help defense allowing Ratlif an open shot at the bucket for the put back.

Overall I was at least happy in the 2nd half. The refs stopped blowing the whistle and let the two teams play it out. It was a joke of a loss for the Bulls, but thats what they get for playing like s*** for half of the game. That and they had Hinrich in foul trouble (he is there leader). Also, aside from a few decent things late in the game Deng played like garbage tonight.

Oh and I take everything back about Gordon being improved defensievly, he was freaking terrible again. Its about the 3rd or 4th straight night where he's been a turnstyle on defense.

Rough loss and its the type of game that makes me think this isn't a playoff team. That said, Skiles is a scrappy coach and he's going to get these guys playing better defensively and I think we found out what a monster Sweetney could be. God was he huge and man does he have low post moves. I think he is one of the 10 best low post scorers in the league (doesn't mean he's one of the 10 best low post players).

QUOTE(fathom @ Nov 16, 2005 -> 09:25 PM)
How in the f*** do you not have Gordon in the game?  Skiles really does hate Ben with a passion.

Because Gordon was playing absolutely HORRID. In fact he gave up a wide open 3 because he had zero faith in his shot (or something) cause I almost never see him turn down an open shot (instead he threw the ball away trying to pass it to Noc).

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Nov 16, 2005 -> 09:26 PM)
OH AND THE BULLS JUST GOT f***ED BY THE REFS SHOULD BE BULLS BALL

f***ING COCK SUCKING DOUCHE BAG ASSCLOWN DONKEY f***ING s*** BURGERS

The refs called a s***ty game, but this one is on the Bulls. I hate the way the refs call games (ie, calling tick tack crap) and its no secret the Bulls are a superior team when the refs let them play (ie when the refs let teams play defense), but they played like crap for 2 quarters (you could really argue 3, but for stretches of the 3rd they looked good and to be honest they looked pretty good in the 1st). Hell I could say they out played the Blazers 3 of 4 quarters, problem was they were so damn bad in the 2nd.

QUOTE(KevHead0881 @ Nov 17, 2005 -> 05:32 AM)

I was talking about having Gordon in for the last offensive possession. He's proven he's a clutch player. If Skiles has such a problem with Gordon, then trade his ass for some post offense.