Bulls @ trailblazers.

qwerty

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Nov 16, 2005 -> 11:41 PM)
The refs called a s***ty game, but this one is on the Bulls.  I hate the way the refs call games (ie, calling tick tack crap) and its no secret the Bulls are a superior team when the refs let them play (ie when the refs let teams play defense), but they played like crap for 2 quarters (you could really argue 3, but for stretches of the 3rd they looked good and to be honest they looked pretty good in the 1st).  Hell I could say they out played the Blazers 3 of 4 quarters, problem was they were so damn bad in the 2nd.

The Blazers knocked it out on that out of bounds with 1 second on the clock, pretty obvious.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2005 @ Nov 17, 2005 -> 05:38 AM)
Half the players in the league don't play a lick of defense.  I think Skiles is just a stubborn mofo.

When I heard Skiles on the radio state that Gordon will never be good enough to start in the NBA (last week he said this), I just had to shake my head.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Nov 17, 2005 -> 05:40 AM)
Because Gordon was playing absolutely HORRID.  In fact he gave up a wide open 3 because he had zero faith in his shot (or something) cause I almost never see him turn down an open shot (instead he threw the ball away trying to pass it to Noc).

Gordon had 15 pts, as well as being 3-3 for 3 pt range. The Great Chris Duhon was 1-10 from the field tonight. Since Duhon was likely to not be able to drive and dish in that possession, you need to have Gordon on the court.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2005 @ Nov 16, 2005 -> 09:38 PM)
Half the players in the league don't play a lick of defense.  I think Skiles is just a stubborn mofo.

All the great coaches are. If you don't want to play defense get the hell out of here. Skiles and Paxson agree on this approach and they aren't going to tolerate players not willing to put in effort. I really respect that and its why, even if the team does regress a bit this year, I have no doubt it will be a very good and winning franchise in the future because of Skiles/Paxson and them not tolerating non team players and guys that aren't willing to hustle (thats almost all defense is, you don't have to be physically gifted to be a good defensive player).

I still think this team will gel, but its not going to be with this starting unit. Noc will replace Songalia with Deng coming in, but eventually you'll probably see Sweetney starting. Problem is Sweetney isn't there physically yet, but the Bulls are working his ass back into shape.

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Nov 16, 2005 -> 09:42 PM)
The Blazers knocked it out on that out of bounds with 1 second on the clock, pretty obvious.

There is no saying the bulls would have scored. THey shouldn't have been in that position to begin with. They are the better team and need to take care of business. Its there own damn fault as far as I'm concerned.

QUOTE(fathom @ Nov 16, 2005 -> 09:44 PM)
Gordon had 15 pts, as well as being 3-3 for 3 pt range.  The Great Chris Duhon was 1-10 from the field tonight.  Since Duhon was likely to not be able to drive and dish in that possession, you need to have Gordon on the court.

Skiles was proving a point about something. He was frustrated with Gordon for most of the 2nd half (hence you saw Pargo getting a lot of minutes). Don't ask me why, I'm not the coach, but I had no problem with it. The play was drawed up for Hinrich and he missed and the Bulls had a couple 2nd chance opportunities but didn't succeed.

Although I'd agree he probably should have been in for Duhon (who isn't a good shooter).

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Nov 16, 2005 -> 11:46 PM)
There is no saying the bulls would have scored.  THey shouldn't have been in that position to begin with.  They are the better team and need to take care of business. Its there own damn fault as far as I'm concerned.

You are correct but I like their chances with 1 second left and the ball under their basket than with .6 seconds left and shooting 3/4 of the court...don't you?

Edited by WHarris1

QUOTE(fathom @ Nov 16, 2005 -> 09:42 PM)
When I heard Skiles on the radio state that Gordon will never be good enough to start in the NBA (last week he said this), I just had to shake my head.

I don't think thats exactly what he said, but I don't think Skiles expects him to be a starter, but he does think he'll be a good player. Skiles is doing everything he can to push Gordon and quite frankly if thats exactly what he said, I wouldn't disagree.

He's a good player, but wouldn't make a good starter. Starting would take away from what makes him best and I don't think he's the type of guy that could play extensive minutes and continue to be the great scorer he is (plus he's horrific at everything else not named scoring).

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Nov 17, 2005 -> 05:47 AM)
Skiles was proving a point about something.  He was frustrated with Gordon for most of the 2nd half (hence you saw Pargo getting a lot of minutes).  Don't ask me why, I'm not the coach, but I had no problem with it.  The play was drawed up for Hinrich and he missed and the Bulls had a couple 2nd chance opportunities but didn't succeed. 

Although I'd agree he probably should have been in for Duhon (who isn't a good shooter).

Gordon is what he is.....an offensive machine off the bench who's not tall or strong enough to play defense. If you're not going to put him on the court when you're down 1 with the ball at the end of the game, you're not putting your team in the best possible position to succeed.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Nov 17, 2005 -> 05:48 AM)
I don't think thats exactly what he said, but I don't think Skiles expects him to be a starter, but he does think he'll be a good player.  Skiles is doing everything he can to push Gordon and quite frankly if thats exactly what he said, I wouldn't disagree.

It's exactly what he said. They asked him what Gordon has to do to become a starter, and Skiles said he doesn't think he'll ever be good enough to start for the Bulls.

QUOTE(fathom @ Nov 16, 2005 -> 09:48 PM)
Gordon is what he is.....an offensive machine off the bench who's not tall or strong enough to play defense.  If you're not going to put him on the court when you're down 1 with the ball at the end of the game, you're not putting your team in the best possible position to succeed.

Skiles has done nothing over his two plus seasons with the Bulls that make me want to 2nd guess him. When I don't see someone out there I assume that player is in the doghouse and that over the long run its for the benefit of the team (as well as proving a point and teaching a lesson) that that player isn't in there. Skiles is one of the better coaches in this league and I'm glad he's on our side.

QUOTE(fathom @ Nov 16, 2005 -> 09:49 PM)
It's exactly what he said.  They asked him what Gordon has to do to become a starter, and Skiles said he doesn't think he'll ever be good enough to start for the Bulls.

I got no problem with it, I still think it was Skiles trying to motivate, but either way, I don't see that as a flaw for Scott Skiles. I'm not trying to doubt the validity, but I swear this would have been mentioned in the trib or somewhere.

From what I remember, Skiles loves pushing Gordon, but I've never seen him really say he couldn't be a starter. He keeps trying and I'm guessing it was more at this point he's not a starter for the Bulls but I think Skiles has pretty high expectations for the kid and I'm sure he was proving some sort of point but at the same time, I'm confident with Hinrich taking the shots.

QUOTE(fathom @ Nov 16, 2005 -> 11:49 PM)
It's exactly what he said.  They asked him what Gordon has to do to become a starter, and Skiles said he doesn't think he'll ever be good enough to start for the Bulls.

Why is this not on any message board i have looked on? Don't see any mentions of it.

QUOTE(fathom @ Nov 16, 2005 -> 11:53 PM)
It was either last Monday or Thursday night.  I think it was more likely a Thursday night, as he's on the radio weekly.

Well if you could find a quote it would be appreciated. I just know on real gm, bbb, etc... when skiles says anything it is talked about, and alot.

QUOTE(qwerty @ Nov 16, 2005 -> 09:56 PM)
Well if you could find a quote it would be appreciated. I just know on real gm, bbb, etc... when skiles says anything it is talked about, and alot.

Personally I think it should be different...when qwerty says something, it should be talked about.

Qwerty...NBA insider and Bulls enthusiast. I like the sound of it. The man knows his basketball.

QUOTE(qwerty @ Nov 17, 2005 -> 05:56 AM)

I understand, but I haven't seen it posted anywhere. However, I swear on my poor reputation on soxtalk that I heard Skiles say this.

This season is going to be frustrating... I still think we can get the 7th or 8th spot in the playoffs but it will be tough. Chandler has been playing like s*** and I think its obvious he doesnt fit in the C position. So one of the main goals in the off-seaosn should be a starting C and im hoping we can grab Nazr Mohammed.

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Nov 17, 2005 -> 05:13 PM)
This season is going to be frustrating... I still think we can get the 7th or 8th spot in the playoffs but it will be tough.  Chandler has been playing like s*** and I think its obvious he doesnt fit in the C position.  So one of the main goals in the off-seaosn should be a starting C and im hoping we can grab Nazr Mohammed.

The East actually looks pretty good this season. You've got teams like Orlando, Charlotte, Boston etc. who are going to be fighting tooth and nail for one of those playoff spots.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Nov 17, 2005 -> 06:41 AM)
The East actually looks pretty good this season. You've got teams like Orlando, Charlotte, Boston etc. who are going to be fighting tooth and nail for one of those playoff spots.

Im not 2 scared of Charlotte they are still a year away from being contenders to make a playoff spot in my mind. And I think we can beat out Orlando... I know your a fan but I just feel we are the better team. Boston might give us trouble though. Right now I see it as this.

East:

1. Detroit

2. Heat

3. NJ

4. Indiana

5. Milwaukee

6. Cleveland

7. Washington

8. Chicago

9. Philly

10. Boston

11. Orlando

12. Charlotte

13. Toronto

14. New York

15. Atlanta

I know Toronto is winless but I think they arent that bad so they should be able to get above Atlanta and NY. Philly has started off fast but I see CWebb and Iverson fading more and more as the season progresses.