Geoff Blum

KevHead0881

I haven't seen this posted anywhere, but it looks like Blum is gone. I didn't think we would keep him with Ozuna and Harris but I wasn't sure.

http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/article...e2005&fext=.jsp

Move this thread if you have to mods, I just made it here because it involved the sox.

EDIT: Whoops, forgot about the trade winds...

Edited by Sox Hustler

As for next season, we will have Willie Harris and Pablo Ozuna as our primary backup middle infielders - we really didn't need a 3rd one so Blum was expendable.

Plus, the White Sox seem as if they want to give Ross Gload another opportunity next season to make the team, and be a contributor as an occasional 1B/OF so I think the White Sox are fine in this area for next season - Ozuna will play 3B/SS/OF in a backup role, and Harris primarily 2B.

QUOTE(SSH2005 @ Nov 17, 2005 -> 04:23 AM)
I know Podsednik's bat from his walk-off homer went to the Hall of Fame.  Blum's bat probably did as well considering his homer led to the end of the longest World Series game in history.

Yea I did read that it was there

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseb...ack=1&cset=true

Blum, meanwhile, expressed surprise he didn't get an offer from the Sox.

"It's a little odd that I am going home," Blum said. "It's not like I was overwhelmed with offers after the season I had, but I definitely would have considered coming back to Chicago."

The Sox, however, believed Blum preferred to return to the National League.