Disgraced again

Takatsufan

QUOTE(Takatsufan @ Nov 16, 2005 -> 07:47 PM)
Take a look.  The TYIB Award page will come up.  Go to Plays, then Joe Crede's home run on Spetember 20th, the read the caption.  I'm at a loss for words.

http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/mlb/awards/y.../tyib/index.jsp

How long do we have to put up with this?

:gosox4:

I couldn't get it to show all the plays or play any of them.

If you want to talk about disgraced.....

Where is Rowand in performance of the year. He almost singlehandedly beat the Yankees.

Where is Uribe in defensive player of the year? Rowand?

-- Oh and watch the Orlando Hudson play. That guy is so good. He makes everything look so damn easy. I would love to have him on my team. In fact, he's probably my favorite non-sox player in baseball.

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Nov 16, 2005 -> 07:35 PM)
If you want to talk about disgraced.....

Where is Rowand in performance of the year. He almost singlehandedly beat the Yankees.

Where is Uribe in defensive player of the year? Rowand?

-- Oh and watch the Orlando Hudson play. That guy is so good. He makes everything look so damn easy. I would love to have him on my team. In fact, he's probably my favorite non-sox player in baseball.

You mean the play he made in the game that 14 Inning game that Shingo won. That was one of the best plays I have ever seen.

QUOTE(WinninUgly @ Nov 16, 2005 -> 05:46 PM)
Disgraced?  Where is Raffy's 3,000th hit?

It is worse that Rowand is not in it for the Defensive Player, and that Paulie is not in it for the Hitter.

No offense to PK, but when you compare his numbers this year to guys like Pujols, Jones, Ortiz, Teixeira, ARod, Lee...he is a step behind them. Those first 2 months where he hit like .220 really do hurt his numbers quite a bit. Along with his numbers with RISP most of the year.

If PK can come out next year and avoid having any prolongued, terrible, month long slumps...the guy can challenge for the AL MVP, and maybe even win it. But with that bad start, last year he's just 1 step behind.

The AL West thing is just idiotic, but at least a decent amount of Sox got mentioned in this thing. I mean, both Cotts and Politte are mentioned as setup men, Gooch for ROY, Ozzie for Manager of the Year, Mark Buehrle for starter of the year, and the Rally Crede for Play of the Year.

I believe each team got to put 1 play in the play of the year list...they had voting on a number of plays from each team about 2 weeks ago (I, naturally, voted for the Rally Crede)...so there's not necessariliy credit due on that one.

Kinda sad that Cliffy and Neal are making me split relief pitcher votes too.

QUOTE(SnB @ Nov 16, 2005 -> 07:24 PM)
:crying  :crying  :crying  :crying  :crying  :crying  :crying

EVERYONE HATES US, WE WERE PICKED LAST IN KICKBALL

We're the fat kid that always gets picked on over and over, and the one no one likes. We ARE picked last in kickball. We fail over and over again.

Then at the least expected time...we come through and kick the game winning homer.

does anyone actually feel slighted by their description of crede's homerun? their descriptions for the other plays are just as bland. i think some people are being a little oversensitive. you cant expect all media outlets to say "world series champion" before they say white sox every single time we are mentioned.

its not even that big of a deal. the play speaks for itself. since you can watch it, the description hardly matters.

QUOTE(The Ginger Kid @ Nov 17, 2005 -> 01:05 AM)
wow...crede really stayed back on that one. His head never moved. Sweet swing. Mercy.

That's how his swing looked all of October. It was beautiful. He'd take one quick motion towards the plate and swing...while keeping his shoulder closed, and he'd drive the ball. In september he had the highest OPS of anyone in the AL with at least 50 at bats.

The guy can really swing a great bat when he keeps his shoulder closed and looks to drive the ball. He just gets in these ruts where he flies open and becomes a simple guy to strike out/pop out on pitches either outside or high.

If he can limit those slumps from being month-long to being week-long, people may very well be clamoring for him to be our #3 hitter next year. But that's a big if.