Christmas Gift Idea..

Steff

So every year I get Jim some off the wall gift... I'm way stuck this year and you guys were right on target with the golf putting green last year.. so I come to you again.

Any cool things you guys have on your wish lists this year..?

My dad gets my brothers and I a fun gift every year and last year we got the NFL Mighty Helmet Racers.

Basically they are just small remote control cars that you can put any NFL helmet on and drive around trying get a velcro football past the other car to the endzone.

Here is some more info about them: http://www.mightyhelmetracers.com/

This may not be what you are looking for, but I thought they were a fun present for a sports fan if only for a few days of enjoyment.

I usually get my dad some kind of weird sports memorabilia. He loves baseball caps, and after this Christmas I'll have gotten him a hat from all of the Canadian Football league teams.

Next I think I'll either try and find Rugby hats or maybe soccer. Or maybe that women's softball league.

It's an interesting gift idea, he likes it, and they're generally good conversation starters.

QUOTE(Soxy @ Nov 16, 2005 -> 09:26 PM)
I usually get my dad some kind of weird sports memorabilia. He loves baseball caps, and after this Christmas I'll have gotten him a hat from all of the Canadian Football league teams.

Next I think I'll either try and find Rugby hats or maybe soccer. Or maybe that women's softball league.

It's an interesting gift idea, he likes it, and they're generally good conversation starters.

I'm looking at that stuff.. trouble is.. he already has a ton of it. He's a Star Trek fan (not a trekkie by any means) but he does like the series with Shatner.. I've been looking for some autographed stuff. Like a cast photo.. but no luck seeing anything I think he'd like..

Any Trek fans have any ideas...?

QUOTE(Steff @ Nov 16, 2005 -> 10:35 PM)
I'm looking at that stuff.. trouble is.. he already has a ton of it. He's a Star Trek fan (not a trekkie by any means) but he does like the series with Shatner.. I've been looking for some autographed stuff. Like a cast photo.. but no luck seeing anything I think he'd like..

Ha ha, Jim's a geek :P :ph34r:

QUOTE(Steff @ Nov 16, 2005 -> 09:35 PM)

Do you go to spring training every year?

QUOTE(Steff @ Nov 17, 2005 -> 08:13 AM)
Already planned that trip.  :lol:

I was thinking you did. They have a golf academy down there. They can do a swing analysis and stuff. Not sure if Jim is a great golfer or not, but it's always cool to see your swing on video and in slo-mo. Since you go there anyway, you could surprise him with that for one of the days.

Golf gets my vote, but then again this gift isn't for me :(

QUOTE(Controlled Chaos @ Nov 17, 2005 -> 08:18 AM)
I was thinking you did.  They have a golf academy down there.  They can do a swing analysis and stuff.  Not sure if Jim is a great golfer or not, but it's always cool to see your swing on video and in slo-mo.  Since you go there anyway, you could surprise him with that for one of the days.

Golf gets my vote, but then again this gift isn't for me  :(

He's got an 8 hcp.. :ph34r:

But that is a very cool idea. It never hurts to improve. Thanks CC. I'll check into that for sure.

QUOTE(Steff @ Nov 17, 2005 -> 08:20 AM)
He's got an 8 hcp..  :ph34r:

But that is a very cool idea. It never hurts to improve. Thanks CC. I'll check into that for sure.

DOH!! What a hack!!

Hey what are the dates for spring training?

EDIT: nevermind, I found the thread in PHT.

Edited by Controlled Chaos

QUOTE(tonyho7476 @ Nov 17, 2005 -> 10:03 AM)
The Fire and Ice Thermos Grill...you can find it at Amazon...its on my list...can't wait to use it on April 3rd.

B00007J2WD.01-AS6H2RBFNM4XI._SCLZZZZZZZ_

LMAO.. that's on MY list.

It's funny... I am the one with all the "dude" like sporting stuff on my list. Jim never cooks at the tailgates. It's usually me or my dad. Jim just drinks beer and kicks cornhole ass. :lol:

kicks cornhole ass.

there's a bad joke in here somewhere, but I'm going to leave it alone.

On another note, thanks for even having this topic Steff. It got me motivated to plan a golf/white sox spring training trip with my friends. I mean we've been talking about planning a golf outing....but nobody acted on it. This topic got me thinking and I know it will be the perfect trip. Golf and the Sox YESSSSSS!

:cheers

With regards to the grill....it works like a charm and it's pretty compact. My buddy has a 3000GT and it fit in there with a folding table and two bag chairs.

Edited by Controlled Chaos