NEW PICK TO CLICK IDEA!!

Guest hotsoxchick1

umm yeah when i play i sure do.. and its alot like the way 2k does it.. quick and easy...........thats why i said i dont have time enough to go diggin through bunch of s*** to figure out how my guy did ....lol..............

Oh but you do have the time to follow the game as it unfolds ... :lol:

hey i only care about my pick.. and yea im watchin the damn game why shouldnt i keep up with what my pick is doing.. and i dont need to write it down on paper like your method...........geez us.. simple..... keep it simple......or else you loose everyones interest.............its only for fun anyhow so who the hell cares.................

:rolleyes: simple system for simple minds I guess. No matter how inaccurate it is.

hey as long as my guy wins i dont care how damn simple it is........... :D gotta win something ..this sorry ass excuse of a team sure isnt winning....... :angry:

How about just accenting the positive on offense:

a single and a run scored count for 1 point each

a double is 2 points

a triple is 3 points

a homer is 4 points

an RBI is 2 points

You total up the box score as follows:

Frank Thomas hits a homer with two on base 4-1-1-3 so he gets 12 points

D Jimenez gets a double 4-0-1-0 so he gets 2 points

You could add walks if you like and give a score of 1, but let's not accent the negative. We have too much of that already.

You could do pitchers, but I think that's a lot harder to evaluate in a single game. I am open to whatever everyone else thinks there.

a double is 2 points

a triple is 3 points

a homer is 4 points

an RBI is 2 points

You could add walks if you like and give a score of 1, but let's not accent the negative. We have too much of that already.

You could do pitchers, but I think that's a lot harder to evaluate in a single game. I am open to whatever everyone else thinks there.

The negatives ONLY come into effect if there is a tie between players. I didn't like the idea of using negatives to determine a winner, so we decided to use them only as a tie breaker.

a double is 2 points

a triple is 3 points

a homer is 4 points

an RBI is 2 points

The negatives ONLY come into effect if there is a tie between players. I didn't like the idea of using negatives to determine a winner, so we decided to use them only as a tie breaker.

Only asking a question here Southsider:

Are ties that bad? I can see your point in doing that though if we have all 9 hitters tied, which may have or can happen. But thanks for the explanation.

CG SO, 10 hit game = 17 pts (the equivalent o f2 GS would beat that)

That juggernaut system isn't so much complicated as it is unfair. A CG SO, 10 hit game (17pt) game is impossible to beat.......2GS???? :o

A pitcher having a CG SO, 10 hit game quite likely owes much to his defense, not necessarily his pitching prowess, and probably threw wayyyy too many pitches. If someone hit a 2 run bomb that was the difference (say, the oppositions pitcher was throwing a 3 hitter against the Sox), I'd have to say that jack was pretty damn important.

17 points to the pitcher in such a game seems

It sure is fun joining a board, reading through the archives. As I was reading I kept looking for the prize, a car, season tickets, all this for bragging rights? God I love being a Sox fan!

Are we counting pitchers?

BTW and FWIW wouldn't a totally objective panel of 3 or 4 people just picking a player be a better system. Then the arguments can last all the way until the first pitch of the next game :D

Guest hotsoxchick1
It sure is fun joining a board, reading through the archives. As I was reading I kept looking for the prize, a car, season tickets, all this for bragging rights? God I love being a Sox fan

all that testosterone built up in one place ..... gotta love it huh......... :D

That juggernaut system isn't so much complicated as it is unfair.  A CG SO, 10 hit game (17pt) game is impossible to beat.......2GS????  :o

Actually it's not 17 pts.

Pitchers:

1 pt per out, -1 pt per base, -1 pt per run, + pts (ip - er)

27 + 9 = 36 max.

Now it's a question of the value of the 10 hits.

If they didnt' advance any runners then = 26.

Even if a team won 2-0 based on a 2 run hr, it be hard to take away a CG SO performance from a starting pitcher as a PTC.

Let's look at some examples:

Colon 27 outs, 9 hits, 1 er, 2 w, 17 LOB.

=27-17-2-1+8 = 15 pts

Do you feel Colon's performance last night was worth 15 pts?

Hitters:

1 pt per base & 1 base for each advancement of a runner.

JV = 4, MO = 2, Mol = 5, TG =3, FT = 8, CL = 5, PK = 7, AR = 2, JC = 3

Frank Thomas with just a walk & a double with RON amassed 8 pts.

Do I feel that Colon's performance was twice as good as Frank Thomas'?

You bet.