Blum Returns to Padres

Colorado Sox Fan

This caught me by surprise:

Series hero Blum signs with Padres

November 17, 2005

Free-agent infielder Geoff Blum, who won Game 3 of the World Series for the White Sox with a tiebreaking, two-out solo home run in the 14th inning at Houston, agreed Wednesday to return to the San Diego Padres.

Blum agreed to a one-year, $650,000 contract.

Blum started last season with San Diego before being traded to the Sox on July 31. He would earn $25,000 bonuses for each 50 plate appearances starting with 200.

Blum was used sparingly by the Sox after they obtained him, hitting .200 with one homer and three RBI in the regular season.

With the Padres, he hit .241 with five homers and 22 RBI. He hit well during May, when the NL West champions went 22-6 to set a franchise record for wins in a month.

QUOTE(Steff @ Nov 17, 2005 -> 03:42 PM)
I hope somehow he can be a guest at Soxfest. They should have everyone together at the opening ceremony.

Thats what im wondering. WHat happens if Pauly leaves also. Are we going to do what Boston did and invite players who signed elsewere to enjoy the ceromonies? It just wont be the same but I think it would be the right thing do do.

Lets see:

You have Soxfest- in which the players will be cherished more than the '85 bears by the fans.

You have Opening day- where the players will get their WS rings. Not to mention the raising of:

1. The AL Central Divsion Champions Flag

2. The American League Champions Flag

3. THE WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS Flag

Wow i wouldn't miss that if i were Pauly, Frank, Carl, Blum, exe.....

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Nov 17, 2005 -> 08:56 AM)
I think the guys family is in California.  I wouldnt want to have to face my wife if I played in a city 4 states away and I left her home with a set of twins and another child all under 4 years old.  ;)

dude they had triplets earlier this year. They must of been in the Zone Defense formation of you know what i mean. ;)

QUOTE(GreatScott82 @ Nov 17, 2005 -> 10:17 AM)
Thats what im wondering. WHat happens if Pauly leaves also. Are we going to do what Boston did and invite players who signed elsewere to enjoy the ceromonies? It just wont be the same but I think it would be the right thing do do.

Lets see:

You have Soxfest- in which the players will be cherished more than the '85 bears by the fans.

You have Opening day- where the players will get their WS rings. Not to mention the raising of:

If they are with another team they will not be there for the OD stuff. Soxfest is the only chance to see them all together again.

QUOTE(GreatScott82 @ Nov 17, 2005 -> 11:17 AM)

Lets see:

Hehe, you said do do.

QUOTE(GreatScott82 @ Nov 17, 2005 -> 10:17 AM)

Lets see:

Wow, I'm getting goosebumps now thinking of that. I can't wait to see it.

Thanks for the home run, sir. It was amazing, perhaps the most shocking thing I've ever seen in a game (I did not expect that line drive blast).

Do we need to sign Graff now to make up for this?

Though I didn't like him much from the time we acquired him til the postseason, he, on paper, is a pretty good utility man.