Education, health spending bill rejected

Texsox

http://www.cnn.com/2005/POLITICS/11/17/con...g.ap/index.html

He also noted that the Republican Party misses the vote-gathering powers of Rep. Tom DeLay, a Texas Republican who has stepped aside as majority leader because of legal problems, replaced by Rep. Roy Blunt, a Missouri Republican.

"Not every blunt instrument is a hammer," Frank said, referring to DeLay's nickname of "The Hammer."

More at link. Hammer '08 :bang

Yea, and then the f***ers came back at midnight and voted for the cuts anyway. And they cut all the things that hurt the little people. IMAGINE THAT.

I guarantee you that if the Democrats EVER get off their ass and get a message besides "we ain't Bush" they would win in a f***ing LANDSLIDE right now.

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Nov 18, 2005 -> 08:00 AM)
Yea, and then the f***ers came back at midnight and voted for the cuts anyway.  And they cut all the things that hurt the little people.  IMAGINE THAT.

I guarantee you that if the Democrats EVER get off their ass and get a message besides "we ain't Bush" they would win in a f***ing LANDSLIDE right now.

It will take more than a message. The GOP Radio Network will destroy any message that is genuine. I don't know how to separate the marketing from the message. Politics of ideas is dead, politics of marketing hype, is here. If you vote GOP, you can smugly high five Rush, Hannity, et. al. and feel smarter than the rest.

What I really think the Dems need is a hero. An icon. Sadly, there are none currently. I think they are waiting for the Senator from Illinois, but that is a very risky strategy.

QUOTE(Texsox @ Nov 18, 2005 -> 02:12 PM)
It will take more than a message. The GOP Radio Network will destroy any message that is genuine. I don't know how to separate the marketing from the message. Politics of ideas is dead, politics of marketing hype, is here. If you vote GOP, you can smugly high five Rush, Hannity, et. al. and feel smarter than the rest.

What I really think the Dems need is a hero. An icon. Sadly, there are none currently. I think they are waiting for the Senator from Illinois, but that is a very risky strategy.

I think you're wrong. I think if a DEMOCRAT comes to the table who is mainstream, fiscally conservative, and has a message that resonates on the war on terror, and MOST IMPORTANTLY has the track record to back it up, the GOP radio network becomes useless at that point.

Hillary pretending to be all of the things mentioned above will get smeared, because she doesn't have the track record to back it up... we all know that she's running to her and Bill can have all the power back again. This is much like baby GW running to finish Daddy's agenda 8 years before.

Nepotism sucks.