Another Day, Another Massacre

FlaSoxxJim

At least 65 dead in two suicide bombings at Shiite mosques. At least 8 dead in Baghdad when two car bombs destroyed the blast wall protecting a hotel housing international journalists.

http://abcnews.go.com/International/wireStory?id=1325312

Maybe the White House plan is for them to just let us all get numbed to it all, because certainly that is what is starting to happen.

BAGHDAD, Iraq Nov 19, 2005 — A suicide attacker killed at least 36 people and wounded 50 more in a Shiite funeral procession Saturday north of Baghdad, while a car bomb near a market just outside the capital killed 13 and wounded 21, police said.

The U.S. military also said five soldiers were killed Saturday and five were wounded in a pair of roadside bombings in northern Iraq. The soldiers were assigned to the 101st Airborne Division and were on patrol near Beiji, 155 miles north of Baghdad, the statement said.

A day earlier, a soldier from the 101st Airborne whose vehicle was rammed by an Iraqi car Thursday near Beiji died of his injuries at a German hospital, the military said.

At least 2,090 members of the U.S. military have died since the war began in March 2003, according to an Associated Press count.

QUOTE(Reddy @ Nov 20, 2005 -> 05:44 AM)
i echo that sentiment.  i liked arguing w/ israel4ever

It's not often we make the reasons for a "banning" public, but this one we've chosen to. He'd still be here if he didn't threaten people through emails who disagreed with him.

I enjoyed his banter and passion for his beliefs, but when you threaten someone because they disagree with your position, it goes too far.

That's probably a good lesson to learn for all of us.

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Nov 20, 2005 -> 08:38 AM)
It's  not often we make the reasons for a "banning" public, but this one we've chosen to.  He'd still be here if he didn't threaten people through emails who disagreed with him.

I enjoyed his banter and passion for his beliefs, but when you threaten someone because they disagree with your position, it goes too far.

That's probably a good lesson to learn for all of us.

Im sorry it came to that with him. It was so much fun to throw up and ally-oop ( threads trashing palestinians ) and watch him get the dunk.

haha

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Nov 20, 2005 -> 05:25 PM)
Im sorry it came to that with him.  It was so much fun to throw up and ally-oop ( threads trashing palestinians ) and watch him get the dunk.

haha

Me too. I disagreed with his positions a lot, but he always held true to what he believed and didn't waffle on what he thought.

QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Nov 18, 2005 -> 08:32 AM)
Maybe the White House plan is for them to just let us all get numbed to it all, because certainly that is what is starting to happen.

"Starting to happen"?

You kidding, I've been numb to what those nut in the Middle East have been doing to themselves for pretty much my whole life. What's new? It's a bit of a sick running joke at work. Everyday we open CNN or whatever and somebody yells out a "OH MY GOD!!! There was a car bomb explosion in_________". I really don't remember a time when they weren't killing themselves. The thing I am amazed about is that there are any of them left. I mean, surely they must be getting to the end of the barrel sooner than later...right?

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Nov 20, 2005 -> 02:12 PM)
Me too.  I disagreed with his positions a lot, but he always held true to what he believed and didn't waffle on what he thought.

Yes, he never waffled in his beliefs, for those interested I4E can be found here.

"Starting to happen"?

You kidding, I've been numb to what those nut in the Middle East have been doing to themselves for pretty much my whole life. What's new? It's a bit of a sick running joke at work. Everyday we open CNN or whatever and somebody yells out a "OH MY GOD!!! There was a car bomb explosion in_________". I really don't remember a time when they weren't killing themselves. The thing I am amazed about is that there are any of them left. I mean, surely they must be getting to the end of the barrel sooner than later...right?

Not trying to pick a fight here, just reacting to the "us" versus "those nuts in the Middle East" dichotomy.

I'll just mention that in 2002 there were 30,242 gun deaths in the U.S.

Carry on.

QUOTE(Mercy! @ Nov 20, 2005 -> 10:09 PM)
Not trying to pick a fight here, just reacting to the "us" versus "those nuts in the Middle East" dichotomy.

I'll just mention that in 2002 there were 30,242 gun deaths in the U.S.

Carry on.

Most of these are honest citizens defending themselves from criminals.

QUOTE(Texsox @ Nov 20, 2005 -> 10:25 PM)

i heard most of the shootings were because of rap fueds.

like when Puff Diddy shot Shakalakaka because he said he was a ho' then shakalalalkak and SpffiyCentCent retailiated against Diddy Daddy and stole his gold plasma TV tooth.

Do you think I just fell off a turnip truck? I’m hip to your sorry-ass-no-green-using-sit-back-and-wait-to-see-what-sort-of-responses-this-provokes tactics.

Can you believe that 17,108 of those 30,242 gun deaths were suicides? I never would have guessed so high. Should we informally consider them in your criminal category or the nuts category? There might even be an al-Qaeda joke hidden in here somewhere, too.

QUOTE(Mercy! @ Nov 20, 2005 -> 10:55 PM)
Do you think I just fell off a turnip truck? I’m hip to your sorry-ass-no-green-using-sit-back-and-wait-to-see-what-sort-of-responses-this-provokes tactics.

Can you believe that 17,108 of those 30,242 gun deaths were suicides?  I never would have guessed so high.  Should we informally consider them in your criminal category or the nuts category?  There might even be an al-Qaeda joke hidden in here somewhere, too.

Nuke wasn't around, I thought I'd help out the NRA crowd a bit. :D BTW, I have owned various firearms, and do not believe they have a role in home protection when there are kids in the house. I also do not believe the founders predicted modern armies and guns in the hands of average citizens having no roll in protecting the country or procuring food.

QUOTE(Texsox @ Nov 21, 2005 -> 12:05 AM)
I also do not believe the founders predicted modern armies and guns in the hands of average citizens having no roll in protecting the country or procuring food.

For shame. The Founding Fathers predicted everything. They knew we'd need guns to fight the sentient robot hordes that would be our evil overlords if we gave them the opportunity.

Talk about just falling off the turnip truck. . .

:)

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Nov 20, 2005 -> 11:40 PM)
Howd this go from a thread about Iraq to one about guns?

LOL!

Funny you all should mention this as Im off tomorrow and was planning to take my glock to the range and exercise my second amendment rights.

WOO HOO!

The difference is, *you* are part of a well regulated militia. I'm not.

And last I checked, Glock was not American made, you shooting some Nazi iron? :nono

oops I forgot, they have a plant stateside . . .

Edited by Texsox

QUOTE(Texsox @ Nov 20, 2005 -> 11:44 PM)
The difference is, *you* are part of a well regulated militia. I'm not.

And last I checked, Glock was not American made, you shooting some Nazi iron?  :nono

That weapon is my personal proprety not the military's. Whats the difference between me going out there and blasting away with my personal weapon on my time as opposed to someone else?

BTW......If it makes you feel any better I probably am getting a Magnum next spring once I get settled at my next assignment. :D