Harry Potter

White Sox Josh

Absolutely, and it had everythig to do with changing the director for the 3rd one.

With Ralph Fiennes and Gaet Oldman now both in the cast they already have me convinced this installment will be great as well.

Now if only the stupid kids would stop growing up. They'll be 25 by the time Year 7 comes out. :bang

And actually, I know J.K. is seriously thinking about cutting the movies off with this one for just that reason.

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Nov 18, 2005 -> 01:22 PM)
But aren't they supposed to be getting older as the movies go on? Isn't each book a year at school? So in the end, they will actually only be about 7 years older than they are supposed to be, which in filmland is always done.

I think that was the intention. But they started out a little older than their characters' ages in the first film, looked about right through Chamber of Secrets, and then all three of the kids jumped on the puberty express.

But you are right, they have 25 year olds playing teenagers all the time and we just go with it. I mean, that Urkel dude on TV was like 30 by the time they pulled the plug on that steaming pile of poop. :P

Just got back from seeing it. It was excellent and the best Harry Potter movie yet. The acting was solid and Ralph Fiennes deserves an academy award nomination for Best Supporting Actor because he was excellent. The SFX were awesome and the action was great. This is truly an action/Thriller at heart. Warning though: This deserved a PG-13 rating and young kids might find this scary. There is plenty of violence and some scary scenes. This movie was Top Notch.

QUOTE(White Sox Josh @ Nov 19, 2005 -> 12:15 AM)
Just got back from seeing it.  It was excellent and the best Harry Potter movie yet.  The acting was solid and Ralph Fiennes deserves an academy award nomination for Best Supporting Actor because he was excellent.  The SFX were awesome and the action was great.  This is truly an action/Thriller at heart.  Warning though: This deserved a PG-13 rating and young kids might find this scary.  There is plenty of violence and some scary scenes.  This movie was Top Notch.

I actually heard people came away unsatisfied, due to a lot of details being left out.

I find that pretty shallow, personally...you try keeping a movie under 5 hours and getting even 75% of the scenes of a 734 page book. It would not be easy.

I lost my interest in Harry Potter after a while...it just became to childish for me, to be quite honest. But I did read books 1-4, and I loved them.

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Nov 19, 2005 -> 01:17 AM)
I actually heard people came away unsatisfied, due to a lot of details being left out.

I find that pretty shallow, personally...you try keeping a movie under 5 hours and getting even 75% of the scenes of a 734 page book.  It would not be easy. 

I lost my interest in Harry Potter after a while...it just became to childish for me, to be quite honest.  But I did read books 1-4, and I loved them.

Just like me.

What movie has ever gotten all the detail from the book? You cant expect every little thing thats dumb... Their have been movies that left way too much out but from what I hear thats not the case with this one. Im a big fan of the books although the last 2 I most definitely didnt like as much as the first 4. And the only movie I saw was I think the 2nd one and hated it.

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Nov 19, 2005 -> 01:17 AM)

I find that pretty shallow, personally...you try keeping a movie under 5 hours and getting even 75% of the scenes of a 734 page book.  It would not be easy. 

I lost my interest in Harry Potter after a while...it just became to childish for me, to be quite honest.  But I did read books 1-4, and I loved them.

this is NOT a Kids Movie. It is an action Movie.