I Just made the best Subway Sub ever...

sox4lifeinPA

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I worked at an independent sub joint (Bob-O-Rinos) for 6 years. I used to stock inventory every week. They paid top dollar for the highest quality lunchmeat, bread, sauces (GFC products), etc. As a result, the sandwiches were absolutely delicious.

On the other hand, Subway is on the cheap. Their oil & vinegar is piss-poor. Their ham is pretty f***ing far from Krakus. I could put together a pretty extensive list of complaints. I understand that their operation is geared towards "healthy eating", so in a lot of cases, they can't use the tastier (read: more fattening) sauces, but come on. I'd consider eating there if it were for free. Maybe.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Nov 18, 2005 -> 02:17 PM)
No Pot Belly's love so far?  For Shame :nono

That's what I'm saying. Potbelly's is great. The Wreck is my favorite from there. Only thing is they need to make bigger subs. I also love Fontano's. They make the subs I'm too lazy to make at home and do a damn good job of it. Can't forget about Mr. Sub.

Edited by nitetrain8601

QUOTE(DePloderer @ Nov 18, 2005 -> 09:36 PM)
Your ALL wrong. You can not beat a bacon bap, smothered in red sauce. While we're at it , why can't you get a Pork Pie anywhere in the States?

There's too many ways to take this, so I'll just bow out of the thread now. :lol:

QUOTE(DePloderer @ Nov 18, 2005 -> 04:36 PM)
Your ALL wrong. You can not beat a bacon bap, smothered in red sauce. While we're at it , why can't you get a Pork Pie anywhere in the States?

I love England, and my wife lived there for quite some time. Here are two points.

1. There is no way I would ever eat anything called "pork pie".

2. England has never been known for its cuisine.

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Nov 18, 2005 -> 10:40 PM)
There's too many ways to take this, so I'll just bow out of the thread now.  :lol:

Pork Pie; A succulent nugget of minced pork, cradled in flavoursome stock jelly, wrapped in crisp water pastry. Heavenly.

Click, read and marvel. :britishflag:

Edited by DePloderer

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Nov 18, 2005 -> 04:59 PM)
You should try their breakfast, better than MCd's

I'll definitely do that...I'm not much of a McDs breakfast fan anyway. Their food is ridiculously greasy. If I ever eat a fast food breakfast I'll hit up BK. Croissanwich>mcmuffin

Edited by Chisoxrd5

Pork Pie; A succulent nugget of minced pork, cradled in flavoursome stock jelly, wrapped in crisp water pastry. Heavenly.

Click, read and marvel. :britishflag:

Plod, that looks like what we call a Pot Pie. Now you're talking good eatin'.

OMG, I just read the recipe. The "anchovy essence" convinced me you know whereof you speak. Looks tasty. Hope you weren't just kidding.

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Nov 18, 2005 -> 04:19 PM)
That's what I'm saying. Potbelly's is great. The Wreck is my favorite from there. Only thing is they need to make bigger subs. I also love Fontano's. They make the subs I'm too lazy to make at home and do a damn good job of it. Can't forget about Mr. Sub.

Yep. Both are very good. Italian on white for me at both places.

Potbelly's>Fontano's>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>subway

When I walk out of class at the Loop campus there's one of each on the very same block.

And now I need to give a potbelly's breakfast sandwich a try.