I Just made the best Subway Sub ever...

sox4lifeinPA

QUOTE(Mercy! @ Nov 18, 2005 -> 11:37 PM)
Plod, that looks like what we call a Pot Pie.  Now you're talking good eatin'.

OMG, I just read the recipe.  The "anchovy essence" convinced me you know whereof you speak.  Looks tasty.  Hope you weren't just kidding.

When it comes to food, I never joke. They were the first fast food around here, with the water pastry miners could take them to eat at work, similar to the Pastie in the south. If anyone ever gets over here, try to catch them when they're still warm and the jelly is still liquis mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(DePloderer @ Nov 18, 2005 -> 09:36 PM)
Your ALL wrong. You can not beat a bacon bap, smothered in red sauce. While we're at it , why can't you get a Pork Pie anywhere in the States?

Pork pie! My gosh, thanks for showing a picture and providing a definition -- I've read Great Expectations twice (well, actually, am in the process of reading it the second time), and I always tried to picture in my mind what exactly a 'pork pie' was when Pip steals it for the convict.

Amazing... :)

If I am to build a subway sub, then I usually start with the Spicy Italian and work my way up(my tastes change alot, but the foundation rarely changes). I always get vinegar and oil on my sandwiches too.

If I am going to Quiznos, then things always change, because they like throwing all of the exotic subs my way. My favorite so far is still the Italian sub(minus the olives).

I still havent caught on to the Potbellies or Roly Poly craze.

Potbelly is king.

Subway is the best deal, especially the daily specials and they have the best bread and toppings options.

Jimmy John's is ok, but they only have 1 type of bread and it's plain, dry and boring.

Quizno's is horrible and over priced and the soup is basically hot, colored water.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Nov 19, 2005 -> 11:47 AM)
Potbelly is king.

Subway is the best deal, especially the daily specials and they have the best bread and toppings options.

Jimmy John's is ok, but they only have 1 type of bread and it's plain, dry and boring.Quizno's is horrible and over priced and the soup is basically hot, colored water.

Their thick-cut wheat bread is really good, you should try it.

QUOTE(Soxy @ Nov 19, 2005 -> 09:07 AM)
Meh, Subway will do if I'm driving long distance and want some fast food. But for my money the best subs = Wegman's. Mmmmmmmmmmm.

forgot you were an east coaster now... WEGMAN'S RULES!

of course you have to show your W2 at the door. we can't let the peasants in...

By the way, I just had round two with this sandwhich. GAWD it's soo good.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Nov 19, 2005 -> 05:45 AM)
Pork pie!  My gosh, thanks for showing a picture and providing a definition -- I've read Great Expectations twice (well, actually, am in the process of reading it the second time), and I always tried to picture in my mind what exactly a 'pork pie' was when Pip steals it for the convict.

Amazing...  :)

Glad to be of assistance.