I Just made the best Subway Sub ever...

sox4lifeinPA

QUOTE(Rex Kickass @ Nov 19, 2005 -> 03:08 PM)
I love shopping at Wegman's. One day, I'll be able to afford the 20 dollar cheese.

Or the Olive Bar.

When people come to visit me, and I am not kidding, Wegman's is part of the why Binghamton doesn't suck tour.

Wegmans = the best grocery store EVER!

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Soxy @ Nov 19, 2005 -> 05:42 PM)
Or the Olive Bar.

When people come to visit me, and I am not kidding, Wegman's is part of the why Binghamton doesn't suck tour.

Wegmans = the best grocery store EVER!

there are two wegmans within 20 minutes of me :)

QUOTE(sox4lifeinPA @ Nov 20, 2005 -> 12:44 AM)
there are two wegmans within 20 minutes of me :)

Sounds sorta like Central Market here in Dallas. That place kicks ass. They import all the good stuff and they have the freshest vegtables ever. They have olive bars, salsa bars, imported food from all over the place, they make stuff that you can buy there that you can't get anywhere else.

It's basically a grocery store for yuppies and other hoidy toidy well to do folks - I like to go there for a diversion once in a while, or if I want something really, really fresh.

QUOTE(Rex Kickass @ Nov 20, 2005 -> 03:30 PM)
I went to Whole Foods for the first time last night. I was really digging the mostly organic place. Then I found out their employment practices are akin to Wal-Mart. Union busters and 37 hour work weeks to avoid having to pay benefits.

Dead to me.

Whole foods is not bad - especially the organics.

And Rex, just stop shopping then. Most retail stores do that now, whether they admit it or not.

And if they don't do it, everything in the store says "made in China" - see child labor laws that we hold so near and dear to our heart.

It's a f'ed up world we live in.

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Nov 20, 2005 -> 10:33 AM)
Whole foods is not bad - especially the organics.

And Rex, just stop shopping then.  Most retail stores do that now, whether they admit it or not.

And if they don't do it, everything in the store says "made in China" - see child labor laws that we hold so near and dear to our heart.

It's a f'ed up world we live in.

Whole Foods charges a premium for their products. I assumed that the reason they did this was because they were willing to accept a higher cost for doing business by doing right by their employees. If I'm going to shop at a store that's going to be s***ty to their employees, I can find the same for less at Wegmans.

QUOTE(SnB @ Nov 18, 2005 -> 02:42 PM)
Jimmy john's is only good if you're in champaign, the ones in the suburbs suck.

And for subway, the only way to go is the italian BMT w/ extra vinegar and oil.

When I was in Champaign once, I went to this place called Silver Mine Subs. It was decent.

QUOTE(Rex Kickass @ Nov 20, 2005 -> 04:01 PM)
The Chicken Parm sub is wonderful at Yellow Submarine in Lawrence, KS.

When in East Lansing, MI don't forget your Roast Beef sub at Jersey Giant.

I made the mistake of trying the chicken parm sub from subway. It has to be the most disgusting thing I have ever eaten at subway. It just tastes very processed. I am a fan of either the BMT with honey mustard or the Chicken Bacon Ranch, both toasted.

my sandwhich:

turkey breast, ham, roast beef, honey mustard, lettuce, tomato, carrotts, gardinara, jalapenos, banana peppers, cucumbers, green peppers, olive oil, vinegar, pepper on wheat.

i always get looks because the sandwhich wont close, but its the only way to fill me up considering they put no meat on it.

QUOTE(redandwhite @ Nov 20, 2005 -> 08:30 PM)
my sandwhich:

turkey breast, ham, roast beef, honey mustard, lettuce, tomato, carrotts, gardinara, jalapenos, banana peppers, cucumbers, green peppers, olive oil, vinegar, pepper on wheat.

i always get looks because the sandwhich wont close, but its the only way to fill me up considering they put no meat on it.

Eh?