**2005-06 High School Basketball thread**

Brian

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Brian @ Nov 18, 2005 -> 11:12 PM)
Will get to watch him vs. Waukegan this year. I hadn't seen him in person since his freshmen year.

He's a bit overrated, IMO. To me he just seemed to be a product of the system. Literally every play has to have like 5 or 6 picks until he gets the ball with an open shot available.

Not sure he can succeed with a different style around him.

QUOTE(Nokona @ Nov 18, 2005 -> 06:55 PM)
Conant will be in the St. Viator tournament starting Tuesday.  Look for the Cougar Crazies out in full force.

We should at least make a run for the MSL title this year.

The Cougar Crazies have nothing on the "Crusader Crazies" of Brother Rice. I remember my freshmen there year and I've never been to a Brother Rice high school basketball game. I think we were playing Leo or St. Rita. The atmosphere was crazy. I still remember when we had to go to Thornwood for a sectional(when they had Eddy Curry), we somehow had as much if not more fans than they did.

No one has the right to call themself "Crazies" in the state of Illinois except for Brother Rice.

BTW, GO ST. IGNATIUS!!!! Neh, even though I ended up transferring there for my last two years, I could never muster up the emotion to cheer for them. Even when we beat Crane and made Florentino Valencia cry because we screwed up their undefeated season, I still could never get up for them. Though I like their coach who was my U.S. History teacher. Great guy.

There was an article on Jon Scheyer in ESPN the Magazine. I read the article and thought it was kinda s***ty. They called it a Hickoryesque state title, I was a little offended. The article focused on how he 'betrayed' Illinois by going to Duke. Believe me I hate Duke, but it's hard to turn them down, especially when you grow up a Duke fan as a kid like Scheyer.

Meanwhile, the Spartans are 4-0 after sweeping the Lake-Cook Thanksgiving Tournament. Scheyer has scored over 30 in all 4 games and is averaging around 35 I think.

QUOTE(danman31 @ Nov 28, 2005 -> 03:47 PM)
There was an article on Jon Scheyer in ESPN the Magazine. I read the article and thought it was kinda s***ty. They called it a Hickoryesque state title, I was a little offended. The article focused on how he 'betrayed' Illinois by going to Duke. Believe me I hate Duke, but it's hard to turn them down, especially when you grow up a Duke fan as a kid like Scheyer.

Meanwhile, the Spartans are 4-0 after sweeping the Lake-Cook Thanksgiving Tournament. Scheyer has scored over 30 in all 4 games and is averaging around 35 I think.

For the record, Scheyer got rocked at the health club near me. True story.

The is going to be a "Hoops Fest" at a local high school. There will be 8 state champion playing, including Oak Hill Academy. Roy Williams, Bob Huggins and Tommie Amaker, among others, are expected to attend. Any of you hoops junkies in So. Illinois might want to come down to western KY Saturday.

QUOTE(YASNY @ Nov 29, 2005 -> 09:01 AM)
The is going to be a "Hoops Fest" at a local high school.  There will be 8 state champion playing, including Oak Hill Academy.  Roy Williams, Bob Huggins and Tommie Amaker, among others, are expected to attend.  Any of you hoops junkies in So. Illinois might want to come down to western KY Saturday.

GBN is gonna be there. :D