**2005-06 High School Basketball thread**

Brian

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was there, quite a couple of games. Scheyer, Oden, and Conley all impressed me like hell in game 1. I can honestly say I think Oden could start for a bit more than half of the NBA teams at center, which says how good he is and how bad NBA Centers are. Conley is going to be real good at tOSU, he's get a lot more attention if he wasn't on Oden's team. Scheyer is going to be the next Redick, too bad for him he has NO help at all on that team, which just says how good he was to take them all the way last year (and might do it again this year) in Illinois AA.

Warren and Proviso East was interesting. Warren was WAY better coached, but PV East had more talent and was so much bigger. Carlwell has A FREAKING TON of talent, but is very raw, you can tell he hasn't received good coaching. To be honest though, once he gets some time in Champaign under Bruce, I think he is going to be a star in the Big 10, but he's not going to be some 1 and done guy. Warren played like a 5 guard lineup, but I was really impressed by it. Ceola Clark is a player (I hope NIU gets him, only a junior) and the 2 football players, Moore (going to Iowa State, yay Heads!! lol) and Lewis (yay NIU!!) are great athletes.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Feb 12, 2006 -> 01:54 AM)
Warren and Proviso East was interesting.  Warren was WAY better coached, but PV East had more talent and was so much bigger.  Carlwell has A FREAKING TON of talent, but is very raw, you can tell he hasn't received good coaching.  To be honest though, once he gets some time in Champaign under Bruce, I think he is going to be a star in the Big 10, but he's not going to be some 1 and done guy.  Warren played like a 5 guard lineup, but I was really impressed by it.  Ceola Clark is a player (I hope NIU gets him, only a junior) and the 2 football players, Moore (going to Iowa State, yay Heads!! lol) and Lewis (yay NIU!!) are great athletes.

Carlwell was getting pushed around by guys a lot smaller than him and was getting frustrated. Pullen killed Warren.

Bembry was the player of the game for Warren and the only big time player who hasn't signed anywhere. He turned some heads. His big block near the end of regulation brought Welsh Ryan to their feet. Ceola and Logan Derrick are both getting looked at by SIU which is interesting.

Going to Warren vs. Hoffman Estates at Loyola today.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Feb 12, 2006 -> 05:45 PM)
Now that I think about it, Carlwell will fight right in with the Illini.  Talented big man who doesn't get any love because his guards are too busy taking bad shots.

:(

:lol:

I was thinking along the lines of...he will already be used to not getting many touches in the post.

Forgot to post that Warren routed Stevenson...yawn and than routed New Trier tonight.

Nobody mentioned GBN over Proviso East in impressive fashion today. Scheyer had an off afternoon and other guys stepped up for the SPartans.

QUOTE(Brian @ Feb 18, 2006 -> 10:43 PM)
Forgot to post that Warren routed Stevenson...yawn and than routed New Trier tonight.

Nobody mentioned GBN over Proviso East in impressive fashion today. Scheyer had an off afternoon and other guys stepped up for the SPartans.

Carlwell was unstoppable all 4 times he received an entry pass from the PVE guards today :rolly . Worst coached team I've ever seen, can't wait to see Carlwell when he's actually coached and utilized.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

I was able to watch some of the GBN game on tv because I'm home this weekend and I'm impressed at the development of the supporting cast. Every year the team improves tons as the year goes on. I have faith GBN will get it done again this year, but it's not going to be easy because everyone is gunning for them.

QUOTE(danman31 @ Feb 19, 2006 -> 10:09 PM)
I was able to watch some of the GBN game on tv because I'm home this weekend and I'm impressed at the development of the supporting cast. Every year the team improves tons as the year goes on. I have faith GBN will get it done again this year, but it's not going to be easy because everyone is gunning for them.

BlueDevilnocircle2.gif