**2005-06 High School Basketball thread**

Brian

QUOTE(redandwhite @ Mar 14, 2006 -> 09:50 PM)
Scheyer impressed me at times tonight, but he still takes really stupid shots at the most inoppurtune times.  Three pointers with hands in his face down by one tonight not once, but three times?  He's lucky he converted the one or Warren would have won.

I suppose it doesn't matter too much now, but am I the only one who thinks hes going to be only an average to above average player at Duke?

anyone else remember Ryan hogan from deerfield?

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Jimbo's Drinker @ Mar 15, 2006 -> 02:28 AM)
anyone else remember Ryan hogan from deerfield?

He got injured during his senior year and if I remember right he was never the same after. Oddly enough he got hurt against GBN.

QUOTE(danman31 @ Mar 15, 2006 -> 04:14 AM)
He got injured during his senior year and if I remember right he was never the same after. Oddly enough he got hurt against GBN.

I remember Hogan cuz I played against him in high school. Such a waste of talent. I don't think he got hurt until he went to Kentucky than ended up transfering to Iowa. But could be wrong.

I am predicting a West Aurora vs. Simeon final. I believe that first half of the bracket is rather weak and West Aurora should make it out of it rather easy but Schaumburg is playing well now and after all the controversy of them getting a #1 seed.

All the games in the bottom bracket should be good ones.

I love this weekend. AA tourney and NCAA kicking it off. I'm in heaven and I don't have to work.

QUOTE(Brian @ Mar 15, 2006 -> 09:56 AM)
I am predicting a West Aurora vs. Simeon final. I believe that first half of the bracket is rather weak and West Aurora should make it out of it rather easy but Schaumburg is playing well now and after all the controversy of them getting a #1 seed.

All the games in the bottom bracket should be good ones.

I love this weekend. AA tourney and NCAA kicking it off. I'm in heaven and I don't have to work.

I'm on spring break this week. Perfect f***ing timing. :D

The bottom of the bracket is MURDER. Simeon vs. GBN and 30-2 Marshall vs. 30-0 E'Ville?? I could almost see the team that comes out of the top half stealing the final because whoever survives that bottom gauntlet may be out of gas.

Yeah he's dominated 5'3 kids with pimples. He has quite a body and is damn big for an 8th grader (wow, how gay did that sound? lol) but let's see him do it against people closer to his size. Who knows, maybe he's the next Oden....by the time he's a senior, he'll probably look about 30 like Oden does.

QUOTE(Brian @ Mar 15, 2006 -> 09:52 AM)
I remember Hogan cuz I played against him in high school. Such a waste of talent. I don't think he got hurt until he went to Kentucky than ended up transfering to Iowa. But could be wrong.

Hogan was at high school the same time as me at Deerfield. The kid had all the talent in the world, went to Kentucky, got caught doing bad things and transferred.

my point is hogan reminds me of scheyer and this means a subpar career at duke.

QUOTE(Jimbo's Drinker @ Mar 16, 2006 -> 01:52 AM)
Hogan was at high school the same time as me at Deerfield.  The kid had all the talent in the world, went to Kentucky, got caught doing bad things and transferred.

my point is hogan reminds me of scheyer and this means a subpar career at duke.

Don't see how anyone can really say it like that. Scheyer seems like a kid that handles himself well on and off the court.

He is almost effortless at the high school level sometimes and I believe he would be able to step up in the ACC and become even more aggressive with it is called for.

Richwoods pulled off the mild upset 70-59 over West Aurora and Thornwood won a 40-33 snoozer over Schaumburg in a battle of the 2 weakest teams in Peoria in the 1st set of quarters today. Richwoods will take on Thornwood for the right to play for the state title tomorrow, in a game I'd consider Richwoods the favorite in.

West got 21 and 10 from Johnny Walker in a losing effort, and Richwoods received 31 points, including 6 of 9 from 3 (Jamar Smith style! Just like the Richwoods star did last night) from Justin Dehm. Future Illini Bill Cole had a solid game, with 14 points and 11 rebounds as well as played solid interior defense.

Tonight the fun starts, as in game 1 Glenbrook North takes on Simeon at 6:30. Simeon (30-4) features a top 10 player in the 2007 class in Derrick Rose, and 29-2 Glenbrook North and Duke bound Jon Scheyer of course look to defend their title. Then the nightcap, as 30-0 Edwardsville, led by Saint Louis bound Dustin Maguire, UIC bound Spencer Stewart, and 2 sport star E.J. Jones (who is heading to Minnesota on a football scholly) take on 30-2 Marshall, led by unsigned star senior guard Patrick Beverly, and NIU bound Darius Gaters.

If you get bored with or tired of the NCAA games, check out channel 50 for a while tonight, 2 great games on tap.

Richwoods vs. Thornwood

Simeon vs. Marshall

No disrespect to Richwoods or Thornwood, but I think the 2nd semifinal is pretty much the title game. Simeon tries to bounce back after losing by 20 to Marshall earlier.

But Richwoods looked very good againt West Aurora. That Dehm kid was lights out.