South Park Scientology episode...

SoxFan562004

I don't know who caught South Park this week, but it was a scathing and hysterical send up of Scientology and some of the people who follow it, including Tom Cruise.

http://www.cnn.com/video/player/player.htm...uise.affl&wm=10

the link above is a video link to CNN about how Tom Cruise is really mad and might sue over it (I think, my connection has sucked all day so it was choppy for me).

You have to go out of your way to see this episode, they give away some of the "secrets" of Scientology that people are only supposed to be let in on after spending thousands and thousands of dollars. The whole time they have the words "This is what Scientologists actually belive" plastered across the screen.

The funny part about anyone suing over this episode is that at the end Stan basically dares people to sue them, and then the credits are all names like "John Smith/Jane Smith"

They also do a hysterical parody of R. Kelly's "Trapped in the Closet" urban drama (Go to Jimmy Kimmel's page on ABC.com and watch his parody called "The Pizza" which is also real funny)

IMO South Park is the best show on the air, and they attack everyone, but do it in a rational way, I love it.

QUOTE(CrimsonWeltall @ Nov 19, 2005 -> 02:14 AM)
why is it that scientologists are the only group that can be made fun of nowadays

such blatant hypocrasy

no s*** huh, it's like the christians have a monopoly on being the comedians. it's like the jews of the 60's-70's-80's.

QUOTE(CrimsonWeltall @ Nov 19, 2005 -> 01:14 AM)
why is it that scientologists are the only group that can be made fun of nowadays

such blatant hypocrasy

if the south park writers were professing christians you'd have a point. If the south park writers didn't take every chance to make fun of everyone under the sun, including Christians, you'd have a point. If you'd look up the words bigotry and hypocrasy, you'd understand how foolish your posts looked. They aren't smart or funny. I award you no points, and my God have mercy! on your soul.

QUOTE(Spiff @ Nov 19, 2005 -> 01:21 AM)
no s*** huh, it's like the christians have a monopoly on being the comedians.  it's like the jews of the 60's-70's-80's.

you forgot 90s-00s....Jerry Seinfeld, Larry David, Ben Stiller, Jon Stewart, and Jeff Foxworthy.

QUOTE(CrimsonWeltall @ Nov 19, 2005 -> 01:14 AM)

such blatant hypocrasy

South Park did a similar episode on Mormons within the last 2 years, which while explaining their beliefs the soundtrack in the background was a singsongy "Dumb, dumb"

QUOTE(CrimsonWeltall @ Nov 19, 2005 -> 02:14 AM)

such blatant hypocrasy

I think that all practicing Scientologists can thank Tom Cruise for their newly found scorn. John Travolta managed to be a practicing Scientologist for the past 10 or more years without drawing this kind of negative attention and publicity. Tom Cruise seems to be a crusader for the religion, pushing it into the public eye and dismissing other practices. Im sure there are many good tenets about Scientology, but this whole TomKat thing going on makes it look like he is turning her into a little concubine who has no choice but to follow his religion while carrying his seed(spawn if you will). In short, Cruise is playing out the worst parts of the religion for all to see, making Scientology an easy target.

QUOTE(SoxFan562004 @ Nov 18, 2005 -> 07:42 PM)
IMO South Park is the best show on the air, and they attack everyone, but do it in a rational way, I love it.

You got that right, my man. I have never written a "fan letter" in my life, but, after having seen this week's episode, I've been compelled to write those two a letter professing their genius and my appreciation for the brilliant work they put together.

This episode was SO far ahead of its time, it's not even funny...much like Beavis and Butthead in the 90s.

These two write a political/societal commentary week-in-and-week-out and are able to pass it off as sophomoric dick and fart jokes out of the mouth of grade schoolers.

Seriously? I really hope this humor is being appreciated for what it truly is. After an absolutely genius episode, they challenge the church to sue them at the end and then make John and Jane Smith all the credits. Are you kidding me? Just brilliant.

I can't say enough about this show.

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Nov 19, 2005 -> 09:56 AM)
You got that right, my man.  I have never written a "fan letter" in my life, but, after having seen this week's episode, I've been compelled to write those two a letter professing their genius and my appreciation for the brilliant work they put together.

This episode was SO far ahead of its time, it's not even funny...much like Beavis and Butthead in the 90s.

These two write a political/societal commentary week-in-and-week-out and are able to pass it off as sophomoric dick and fart jokes out of the mouth of grade schoolers.

Seriously?  I really hope this humor is being appreciated for what it truly is.  After an absolutely genius episode, they challenge the church to sue them at the end and then make John and Jane Smith all the credits.  Are you kidding me?  Just brilliant.

I can't say enough about this show.

The most amazing thing about Trey and Matt is a lot of the times they end up finishing the episodes on Tuesday night or Wednesday morning. That's why you usually don't see teasers for next weeks episodes because Parker and Stone still don't know WTF it's going to be about.

if the south park writers were professing christians you'd have a point. If the south park writers didn't take every chance to make fun of everyone under the sun, including Christians, you'd have a point. If you'd look up the words bigotry and hypocrasy, you'd understand how foolish your posts looked. They aren't smart or funny. I award you no points, and my God have mercy! on your soul.

It should have been pretty obvious that I was misusing those words intentionally.

I forgot to put my second post in green which means it must be serious.

Where's the supposed information detailing Cruise's anger?

More than insulting his psuedo-religion, I'd be willing to bet South Park's insinuation of Cruise "not coming out of the closet" pushed him further.

Eh, but what is he going to do about it? My ass he'll sue. He pussed out after someone squirted him with a water-gun!

QUOTE(CrimsonWeltall @ Nov 19, 2005 -> 01:02 PM)
It should have been pretty obvious that I was misusing those words intentionally.

I forgot to put my second post in green which means it must be serious.

if it's meant to be green, make it green. I know you were "misusing" the words, that's why I told you to stop being an idiot. The two things had nothing to do with the other, you were just making trouble, bush league at that.

...here's the entire transcript of the scene in Wednesday's episode in which Stan learned about the most secret parts of "Scientology doctrine" from a representative from the faith:

"It all began 75 million years ago. Back then, there was a galactic federation of planets which was ruled over by the evil Lord Xenu. Xenu thought his galaxy was overpopulated, and so he rounded up countless aliens from all different planets, and then had those aliens frozen. [At this point, the text "This is what Scientologists actually believe" appears on the screen, and stays on the screen for the rest of this sequence.] The frozen alien bodies were loaded on to Xenu's galactic cruisers, which looked like DC-8s, except with rocket engines. The cruisers then took the frozen alien bodies to our planet, Earth, and dumped them into the volcanoes of Hawaii. The aliens were no longer frozen, they were dead. The souls of those aliens, however, lived on, and all floated up towards the sky. But the evil Lord Xenu had prepared for this. Xenu didn't want their souls to return, and so he built giant soul catchers in the sky. The souls were taken to a huge soul brain-washing facility, which Xenu had also built on Earth. There the souls were forced to watch days of brain-washing material, which tricked them into believing a false reality. Xenu then released the alien souls, which roamed the Earth aimlessly in a fog of confusion. At the dawn of man, the souls finally found bodies which they could grab on to. They attached themselves to all mankind, which still, to this day, causes all of our fears, our confusions and our problems."

--from http://featuresblogs.chicagotribune.com/en...xenu_part_.html