BEARS vs Panthers

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Nov 20, 2005 -> 02:07 PM)
Im just enjoying the ride.  Nobody.....I MEAN NOBODY thought they'd be 7-3.

Hell ya Nuke. I'm just having fun. I love watching this defense hit people. I have long said the best I could see the Bears doing is laying out a team in the playoffs and than getting knocked out.

That said if Orton can make a few more plays as the season goes on, I could see a little more. Still this was one great game, but they have quite a few tough games left and are going to be tested a whole lot. I guarantee you teams are going to be focused even more when they go up against them following this win against Carolina.

It was an awesome game and its been a fun season. Its a definate building block to next year, which I have already dubbed a special season. I'm just hoping that maybe now we'll get lucky and see a special season right here :cheers

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People dont think they have a shot because they started the season #32. Get that s***ty ESPN "Ha, the Bears suck" jokes outta your head and watch OTHER game in the NFL and you will see NO DEFENSES who play half as good as the Bears.

If you dont watch and pay attention to football, youre best just shutting up and going off to discuss the offseason for the White Sox.

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Nov 20, 2005 -> 04:07 PM)
Im just enjoying the ride.  Nobody.....I MEAN NOBODY thought they'd be 7-3.

2005 has been simply amazing. The Illini run to the title game. The Bulls making the playoffs for the first time since 98. THE WHITE SOX! Now the Bears look like they have atleast a shot at doing something special. What more could any Chicagoan ask for?

QUOTE(DukeNukeEm @ Nov 20, 2005 -> 04:10 PM)
People dont think they have a shot because they started the season #32.  Get that s***ty ESPN "Ha, the Bears suck" jokes outta your head and watch OTHER game in the NFL and you will see NO DEFENSES who play half as good as the Bears.

If you dont watch and pay attention to football, youre best just shutting up and going off to discuss the offseason for the White Sox.

Actually the NFL Primetime crew has had nothing but good things to say about the Bears all season.

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Nov 20, 2005 -> 02:11 PM)
Actually the NFL Primetime crew has had nothing but good things to say about the Bears all season.

Ya, there were a couple jokes about the division being bad and the Bears being the best of a bad group, but for the most part they've given this team respect and I guarantee your going to here a lot of people talking about the Bears being one of the top teams in the NFC following this win.

Personally I still think its a little premature cause this team has more to prove against good teams. Its gonna be a big game next week @ 7-3 Tampa.

Heres my logic. The Bears just whooped the NFC's best team, so does that mean we can win the NFC? Yes it does.

We win the NFC and we get one game against 1 AFC Team, just 1 AFC teams filled with human beings. We arnet playing the AFC Pro Bowl team or anything.

The way I see it we get one shot at the AFC if we win the NFC (which isnt far-fetched)

We can win it all this year, I have no doubt in my mind. Maybe I'm just riding the high of this game though.

QUOTE(DukeNukeEm @ Nov 20, 2005 -> 04:13 PM)
Heres my logic.  The Bears just whooped the NFC's best team, so does that mean we can win the NFC?  Yes it does.

We win the NFC and we get one game against 1 AFC Team, just 1 AFC teams filled with human beings.  We arnet playing the AFC Pro Bowl team or anything.

The way I see it we get one shot at the AFC if we win the NFC (which isnt far-fetched)

We can win it all this year, I have no doubt in my mind.  Maybe I'm just riding the high of this game though.

Im just remembering how high everybody got back in 2001 and how badly let down we were in the playoffs.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2005 @ Nov 20, 2005 -> 02:16 PM)
I don't know about that.  I'd take Jim Miller over Orton.  A-train had a fabolous rookie season.  And I don't think the 01 defense is as good as the 05 d,  but it's close.

The 05 defense is a lot better. We have a much stronger secondary, and a superior defensive front. However, that team may have had a better linebacking core, but I think this Urlacher is >>>> the Urlacher from that year and I like Briggs almost as much as I liked Colvin (in fact I think Briggs is a better all around lb) and Hillmeyer isn't as talented as Holdman was, but he seems to be a better player.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2005 @ Nov 20, 2005 -> 04:16 PM)
I don't know about that.  I'd take Jim Miller over Orton.  A-train had a fabolous rookie season.  And I don't think the 01 defense is as good as the 05 d,  but it's close.

The 01 team got every concieveable bounce and break they possibly could have during the regular season.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2005 @ Nov 20, 2005 -> 04:16 PM)

Yeah, but this years defense is a lot better, the offensive line is a lot better, the running game is better (not a lot, but butter). All the '01 team over this years is that they were a lot more lucky and Miller was decent, that's about it.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Nov 20, 2005 -> 02:18 PM)
Yeah, but this years defense is a lot better, the offensive line is a lot better, the running game is better (not a lot, but butter).  All the '01 team over this years is that they were a lot more lucky and Miller was decent, that's about it.

I do think you could make a case that the 01 team had a better receiving core. Booker was the man that year, but Thomas Jones/Apete and Benson is a better backfield.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Nov 20, 2005 -> 04:17 PM)
The 05 defense is a lot better.  We have a much stronger secondary, and a superior defensive front.  However, that team may have had a better linebacking core, but I think this Urlacher is >>>> the Urlacher from that year and I like Briggs almost as much as I liked Colvin (in fact I think Briggs is a better all around lb) and Hillmeyer isn't as talented as Holdman was, but he seems to be a better player.

I disagree. I think it's better, but it's not by much. In 01, the Bears allowed a league low 12.7 points per game. They were second in run defense and 4th in sacks.

QUOTE(Greg The Bull Luzinski @ Nov 20, 2005 -> 04:07 PM)
Scroll back in this post. :bang

I've posted

"Super Bears!

Super Bowl!"

In 4-12 seasons, when they win the final game of the year to avoid getting the top pick in the draft. It holds no meaning.

It's just blind Optimism. I'ma Super Fan, b****.

As some of you may know, I work behind a bar.

We had the Bears on today, thanks to the Monday Night matchup. I, as I have been for the last 6 weeks, was sporting my home Urlacher jersey.

Actual exchange between me and a guest:

Mpls: I love this, although I might really might start to smell next week.

Guest: Huh?

Mpls: I haven't washed this since the streak started.

Guest: Man, every time I come here to watch the Bears, they win. You better not watch that shirt.

Mpls: You're right.

I want the Bears to win, but I need to wash my shirt.