BEARS vs Panthers

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not gonna be too critical of Orton today. I think he played a fine game overall. His numbers would've been a lot better if not for 5 or 6 dropped passes, including a sure second td to Muhammad in the first quarter. Like many have said, if Grossman comes back and shows little or no effects of missing almost two years, start him, if not, stick with Orton.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Nov 20, 2005 -> 03:45 PM)
I don't think it can be said that Orton is a better QB than Grossman just because he stays healthy.....

Theres not much doubt in my mind that Grossman has more skill than Orton but what good is it when hes always in a cast or rehab or something?

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Nov 20, 2005 -> 03:46 PM)
Theres not much doubt in my mind that Grossman has more skill than Orton but what good is it when hes always in a cast or rehab or something?

That's exactly the point I am trying to make though, Grossman is more skilled. If a game comes (which it will eventually) where we fall behind and have to put the ball in Orton's hands, we are going to lose, whereas IMO Grossman is good enough to bring us back in that spot.

I'm very happy with the win, and I hope we keep winning as long as Orton is in, but the Bears winning has nothing to do with Orton, it's all about the running backs, both lines, and the defense in general.

I dont give a s*** about "stealing thunder"

You would actually root against a Chicago team because it would overshadow another Chicago team? Thats terribly retarded.

People dont get this, and they never will.

Offense gets you to the playoffs usually, but defense wins there. Can you name 6 players on the '00 Ravens Offense? No. And the defensive perfomance today hasnt happened since '00.

Bears fans are so dulled by mediocrity to understand they have a legit shot at making and maybe winning hte NFC Champ game, and once s*** goes to the SB, anything can happen.

Edited by DukeNukeEm

That's exactly the point I am trying to make though, Grossman is more skilled.  If a game comes (which it will eventually) where we fall behind and have to put the ball in Orton's hands, we are going to lose, whereas IMO Grossman is good enough to bring us back in that spot.

I'm very happy with the win, and I hope we keep winning as long as Orton is in, but the Bears winning has nothing to do with Orton, it's all about the running backs, both lines, and the defense in general.

You must not have seen Orton at Purdue or Grossman at Florida.

Orton > Grossman is college.

So I dont know what youre talking about there.. maybe pro performance? If so. You must be watching some Rex Grossman games that I've never seen because he's played just the way Orton has.

What a f***ing win. That defense played its best game in years against a very good Panther offense. The offense looked pretty good too (despite just 13 points).

Gage is really starting to emerge as a 2nd receiver and man how awesome was his grab on the sidelines to keep the drive going late in the 4th quarter. Mushin had a couple costly drops but the Bears picked him up and Orton was really on target the entire game (with exception to the tipped interception, that was a bad pass).

QUOTE(DukeNukeEm @ Nov 20, 2005 -> 04:51 PM)
Offense gets you to the playoffs usually, but defense wins there.  Can you name 6 players on the '00 Ravens?  No.  And the defensive perfomance today hasnt happened since '00.

But I can name the quarterback of 3 of the last 4 Superbowl winners. Those teams had pretty good defenses too.

QUOTE(Greg The Bull Luzinski @ Nov 20, 2005 -> 01:53 PM)
But I can name the quarterback of 3 of the last 4 Superbowl winners.  Those teams had pretty good defenses too.

Most winning teams have good defenses. Trent Dilfer is a super bowl winner, Jim McMahon is a super bowl winner. Defenses have done it before and to be honest, Brady was a huge part of the Pats but there defense was just as big.

Also, I still don't understand the hate for Orton. He is a solid qb who made some really nice throws today (he was killed with drops). Oline did an outstanding job protecting the QB as well as opening up rushing lanes against the 2nd best defense against the run.

Best Bears game in a long long time and its the biggest win in a long long time.

Yea, tahts because the Patriots have won 3 straight. And they arent even going to make the playoffs this year.

Brad Johnson won the SB with the Bucs.. why cant we again? I mean our defense is better than their defense, and we have Jones/Benson/Peterson and a good OL? Like the other guy who says Grossman > Orton.. you must be watching different games than me.

QUOTE(DukeNukeEm @ Nov 20, 2005 -> 03:55 PM)
Yea, tahts because the Patriots have won 3 straight.  And they arent even going to make the playoffs this year.

Brad Johnson won the SB with the Bucs.. why cant we again?  I mean our defense is better than their defense, and we have Jones/Benson/Peterson and a good OL?  Like the other guy who says Grossman > Orton.. you must be watching different games than me.

Who's gonna win that division? Buffalo? NYJ? Miami?

The Pats are going to the playoffs no doubt about it.

Oh, and the Pats haven't won 3 straight Super Bowls. :bang

Edited by The Bones

QUOTE(DukeNukeEm @ Nov 20, 2005 -> 01:55 PM)
Yea, tahts because the Patriots have won 3 straight.  And they arent even going to make the playoffs this year.

Brad Johnson won the SB with the Bucs.. why cant we again?  I mean our defense is better than their defense, and we have Jones/Benson/Peterson and a good OL?  Like the other guy who says Grossman > Orton.. you must be watching different games than me.

He doesn't put up huge numbers, but at the same time he makes all the big throws when needed and today he made a few that were dropped by Mushin. He threw a tremendous pass in the 1st quarter to Mushin that was a TD if it weren't dropped and had another nice deep ball to Mushin but good defense broke it up.

Orton isn't asked to throw for 3 or 4 td's, but he makes enough plays when he does drop back. He also protected the football today. He threw a pick and it was on a pass that got away but at the same time it got batted up and the defense made a nice play.

Speaking of nice plays, Chris Harris' diving stop in the endzone was awesome. WHen I saw the play happening I thought it was 6 points for sure.

QUOTE(The Bones @ Nov 20, 2005 -> 04:57 PM)

The rapture of victory is blinding some people. There are still a lot of good teams out there. :huh:

Maybe Buffalo if they can turn it around?

Oh my bad, they just won 2 in a row then hiccuped one year in between. Sorry.

The rapture of victory is blinding some people.  There are still a lot of good teams out there. :huh:

We just beat Carolina who has the class of the NFC.. so really, I dont know who youre talking about NFC-Wise. And all the AFC dicksucking is getting annoying, Pittsburgh just lost to the s***ty Ravens. Indy? So what? They choke every year and theyre defense looks like a paper right now against Cincy.

Of all the AFC teams to be afraid of it's Cincy. They beat us once and they can do it again.

QUOTE(Greg The Bull Luzinski @ Nov 20, 2005 -> 05:04 PM)
BREAKDOWN

The Bears are a good team.

There are other good teams.

There is a way to go before the Superbowl.

SuperBowl rings have never been issued in November.

Please show me where lots of Bears fans are going crazy and talking Super Bowl.

Other than saying it's a possiblity, which it is, I haven't seen it.

QUOTE(SleepyWhiteSox @ Nov 20, 2005 -> 04:05 PM)
Please show me where lots of Bears fans are going crazy and talking Super Bowl.

Other than saying it's a possiblity, which it is, I haven't seen it.

Im just enjoying the ride. Nobody.....I MEAN NOBODY thought they'd be 7-3.