Sox To get Rings 2nd game of season

SoxPride56

Hey everyone, this is my first post here, but I have been browsing the boards for a while. I Emailed Brooks earlier today asking him a few questions, here is the following emails

I sent:

Hey Brooks,

I just had a few quick questions for you:

1. Will the Sox wear a champions patch of any kind on there uniforms next

year? If so, were can I buy this at? I want it for my Buehrle jersey.

2. When will the Sox get there rings? I would amagine on opening day, but I

want to make sure.

3. Will the trouphy be brought to different cities for everyone to see?

You should bring it around to different cities, exspecally Tinley Park.

Thanks,

Mike

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Here is his responce:

Mike,

Don't know about the patch yet.

Hopefully, we will be executing our ring ceremony at the second home game as opposed to Opening Day.

We are attempting to plan a trophy tour. We will know more in the next few weeks. We hopefully will have something to announce this next week.

Have a good Thanksgiving.

Brooks

-----------------------------------------------------

This is interesting because I would have thought that the ring ceramony would be opening day :gosox3:

QUOTE(retro1983hat @ Nov 21, 2005 -> 09:57 AM)
Ring day should always be opening day.

Those guys have to wait until the season starts, why make them wait another day. I have never heard of this before.

Instead of having 40,000 opening day followed by 20,000 the next day, we'll now have 40K two straight days.

Smart move by the Sox IMO.

QUOTE(Wealz @ Nov 21, 2005 -> 12:09 AM)
It's utterly stupid to hand out the rings any other day than Opening Day.

I don't see any rule that says it has to be on Opening Day. Even without a ring ceremony, Opening Day in '06 is going to be something to remember. So why not make Game 2 a day to remember as well.

I'm all for extending the party! :headbang

Excellent move by Brooks, pack in the fans for as many games as you can, nothing wrong with that....

And I'm sure the players can wait an extra 24 hrs to get their rings, sheesh....From what I've heard, Tiffany's will make any player a replica of the World Series Trophy so I'm sure they can look at that for nostaligia sakes'....

QUOTE(mmmmmbeeer @ Nov 21, 2005 -> 05:27 PM)
The only thing I don't like about this move is that a ring ceremony on Opening Day starts the season on last year's high note.  It's going to suck if they lose the 1st game against the Indians and then get the rings the next day.

It doesn't make a difference. The 2005 high will always be there after ending the season winning 16 out of our last 17 games.

Whatever happens to start '06 won't make me feel less good about celebrating this championship.

QUOTE(mmmmmbeeer @ Nov 21, 2005 -> 05:27 PM)
The only thing I don't like about this move is that a ring ceremony on Opening Day starts the season on last year's high note.  It's going to suck if they lose the 1st game against the Indians and then get the rings the next day.

I'd say raising that "2005 World Champions" banner won't bring them down from their "high". Its a one day wait. I don't know any of these guys personally, but I can assure you that what day the ring ceremony falls on will have absolutely no impact on their performance.

QUOTE(somedouchefrommlb.com @ Nov 18, 2005 -> 11:23 PM)
I heard that the Sox's rings were going to be the ones where you put a quarter in and turn a dial, and out pops a plastic shell with one of those fabulous rings, you know, the machines that most hicks like you run for money to grease the mullet up? Is there any truth to this rumor?