WWE Employs drug testing

WWE.com just posted video of Vince McMahon's meeting with the RAW and SmackDown! stars from earlier today.

To view the video, click the link below:

http://www.wwe.com/content/media/video/494...0152/drugpolicy

Vince states that drug testing will be random and will be performed regularly by an independent contractor. It will not be taking place from WWE staff or the office. Kurt Angle spoke up and asked if they were taking pain killers, how would they need to go about it. Vince said he was not sure just yet as he hasn't seen any of the paperwork but said he would be the second person to know if someone was abusing drugs with the first being the doctor who performed the test. If you've ever wondered what a backstage meeting held before TV is all about, view this video.

QUOTE(mr_genius @ Nov 21, 2005 -> 07:15 PM)
meh, sounds like bs to me.

Testing doesnt mean anything. There are no punishments or anything that have been mentioned. However, getting testing is a pretty big step for the WWE, I would have to say. I imagine Vince will start getting some more lawsuits thrown his way if his wrestlers or former wrestlers keep dropping dead.

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Nov 21, 2005 -> 06:18 PM)
Testing doesnt mean anything.  There are no punishments or anything that have been mentioned.  However, getting testing is a pretty big step for the WWE, I would have to say.  I imagine Vince will start getting some more lawsuits thrown his way if his wrestlers or former wrestlers keep dropping dead.

exactly.

QUOTE(Texsox @ Nov 21, 2005 -> 07:40 PM)
I mean really, wtf? It's wrestling. Like we wouldn't want someone to have an unfair advantage.  :lolhitting

I dont think it is fair advantage as much as it is a liability for Vince's lawyers. You know the wrestlers dont really care, because they just want to look good. But someone at some point is going to sue Vince for turning a blind eye towards steroid use when someone ended up dead. Its just a matter of time, if it hasnt happened already. Now Vince can say he tested them for it, and spoke to them about it. Not that he will put a stop to it.....

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Nov 21, 2005 -> 06:18 PM)
Testing doesnt mean anything.  There are no punishments or anything that have been mentioned.  However, getting testing is a pretty big step for the WWE, I would have to say.  I imagine Vince will start getting some more lawsuits thrown his way if his wrestlers or former wrestlers keep dropping dead.

LOL! If they start handing out fines and suspending people then everyone involved will be broke and out of a job.

:D