Bill Mueller To Sox?

Pasqua's Mailman

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kenny: Bill, do you understand that you would be brought here to spell Joe Crede, our starting third baseman, at third, while being able to fill in on a semi-permanent basis if he were to go down to injury?

Bill: Yes, I just really want to be apart of the Chicago White Sox organization.

= Good deal, nice signing

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Nov 21, 2005 -> 11:28 PM)
This is true, I still don't like Bill Mueller. The only problem is there's really no other decent insurance policy for Crede out there other than Bill. I guess if Joe's back is really a problem we could do a lot worse than Bill Mueller.

Greg Norton Part duex

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Nov 22, 2005 -> 10:42 AM)
Does anybody REALLY expect crede to be here long term.  Did you forget who his agent is?

Exactly! The Sox are going to have a hard time on Joe's next contract. There will always be questions about his back so Mueller is an available alternative right now. He is also a switch hitter with post season experience. He knows the city (former Cub), so you never know.

2006 Lineup?

Pods

Pierre

Dye

Konerko

Thome

Pierzynski

Iguchi

Mueller

Uribe

Crede struggled with the bat for 1 month of the season - May, where he was just godawful, putting up like a .520 OPS for the month, or something horrible like that - and then he was hurt in early August to the point where he couldn't play and his back was effecting his swing.

Call me overly optimistic, call it the Boras effect, call it still being caught up in the playoffs - I see Crede as a .275 30 80 .800 player next year with excellent defense.

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Nov 22, 2005 -> 01:57 PM)
Crede struggled with the bat for 1 month of the season - May, where he was just godawful, putting up like a .520 OPS for the month, or something horrible like that - and then he was hurt in early August to the point where he couldn't play and his back was effecting his swing.

Call me overly optimistic, call it the Boras effect, call it still being caught up in the playoffs - I see Crede as a .275 30 80 .800 player next year with excellent defense.

2 months. He hit a whopping .108, with a .320 OPS (You read that right) during his injury-shortened August.

If you remove those 2 months using your magical calculating powers, Crede would have been a .310 hitter last year, and I'm too lazy to figure out the OPS, but it would have been good. Out of anyone in the AL with more than 50 at bats in September, Crede had the highest OPS.

The kid can be really good. He just needs to stop those damn month long slumps. Somehow.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Nov 22, 2005 -> 04:08 PM)
2 months.  He hit a whopping .108, with a .320 OPS (You read that right) during his injury-shortened August.

If you remove those 2 months using your magical calculating powers, Crede would have been a .310 hitter last year, and I'm too lazy to figure out the OPS, but it would have been good.  Out of anyone in the AL with more than 50 at bats in September, Crede had the highest OPS.

The kid can be really good.  He just needs to stop those damn month long slumps.  Somehow.

I am figuring his injuries in August really messed with his swing, and had he remained healthy, I'm figuring atleast .250 for him.

I really do think he is starting to figure it out, and could become a very good player in the very near future. Best case scenario is that he puts up a big season next year, dumps Boras, and resigns with the Sox...but I'm not sure I see that happening.

QUOTE(qwerty @ Nov 22, 2005 -> 04:14 PM)
Pretty annoying that people think boras will ever rape us with crede unless he goes adrian beltre on us anytime soon. People here would think he can get pablo ozuna 3 years six million per year else where...

Sorry, but history is on the side.

Boras does not have a positive relationship with the Sox organization. I know I don't have to tell you this, but, so bad, the Sox won't draft his clients. That's pretty serious stuff.

I don't think this to be the case with Crede, but I understand the concern.

QUOTE(qwerty @ Nov 22, 2005 -> 04:14 PM)
Pretty annoying that people think boras will ever rape us with crede unless he goes adrian beltre on us anytime soon. People here would think he can get pablo ozuna 3 years six million per year else where...

If he got Ozuna 3 years, 6 mill per, I would probably kiss Boras on the lips.

But he could easily get Crede 4-5 years, $6-7 mill per. I don't know how...because if I did, I would tell the world. But I'm sure he could.

QUOTE(southsideirish @ Nov 22, 2005 -> 04:23 PM)
How is our 3B prospect Josh Fields looking? How far away is he from contributing?

From what I've read/heard...pretty underwhelming.

High K total, not really blowing anybody away.

Should start the year with Birmingham.

Please correct me if I'm wrong...I know ya'll will. :D

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Nov 22, 2005 -> 04:24 PM)
From what I've read/heard...pretty underwhelming.

High K total, not really blowing anybody away.

Should start the year with Birmingham.

Please correct me if I'm wrong...I know ya'll will. :D

You've got everything right, but I suspect he'll start at Charlotte.

Still 2 years away though

Sorry, but history is on the side.

Boras does not have a positive relationship with the Sox organization.  I know I don't have to tell you this, but, so bad, the Sox won't draft his clients.  That's pretty serious stuff.

I don't think this to be the case with Crede, but I understand the concern.

i had no idea the sox will not draft bora$$'s clients. do a lot of agents have that kind of rep among organizations?

QUOTE(timotime @ Nov 22, 2005 -> 04:15 PM)
i had no idea the sox will not draft bora$$'s clients. do a lot of agents have that kind of rep among organizations?

Actually there's quite a few teams that won't draft Boras's guys. Guys he signs who stand to be top-10 draft picks have a habit of falling completely out of the first round while they wait for the Dodgers or the Yankees or someone like that to pony up the cash.

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Nov 22, 2005 -> 04:21 PM)
If he got Ozuna 3 years, 6 mill per, I would probably kiss Boras on the lips.

But he could easily get Crede 4-5 years, $6-7 mill per.  I don't know how...because if I did, I would tell the world.  But I'm sure he could.

So your saying when he is a free agent, and if he continues to put up the numbers he has thus far in his career, he will get 4-5 years 6-7 million per? My ass. More like a 2/3 deal with an option for 3.5-5 million a season.

Edited by qwerty

QUOTE(Jenks Heat @ Nov 22, 2005 -> 05:50 PM)
How has age not come up in this thing? 

Boras does not put a gun to anyone's head, owners pay the money he wants.

Brian Anderson is worth more to everyone except the Yankees. 

Juan Pierre is not that good.

Gammons is an idiot on all things except the Red Sox and music you have never heard of.

1. You're right some owners will pay it, the Sox won't.

2. Gammons' favorite music is the Rolling Stones. Now, I may be old but I have heard of them.

QUOTE(Jenks Heat @ Nov 22, 2005 -> 05:50 PM)
How has age not come up in this thing? 

Boras does not put a gun to anyone's head, owners pay the money he wants.

Brian Anderson is worth more to everyone except the Yankees. 

Juan Pierre is not that good.

Gammons is an idiot on all things except the Red Sox and music you have never heard of.

Gammons is no more of an idiot than all the homers on soxtalk ( and rightfully so).

Edited by qwerty