So much for high gas prices ruining Christmas.....

NUKE_CLEVELAND

QUOTE(Rex Kickass @ Nov 22, 2005 -> 11:43 AM)
So that's why you ran into my apartment and threw my Christmas Tree out the window and broke my Santa Claus gnome?

Yes.

Well, that and all gnomes MUST be named Chomsky. . .

QUOTE(Rex Kickass @ Nov 22, 2005 -> 09:43 AM)
So that's why you ran into my apartment and threw my Christmas Tree out the window and broke my Santa Claus gnome?

I think she did it because of the unwritten rule that Chrismas decorations (especially trees) are not allowed to be put up until the weekend after Thanksgiving at the earliest.

Thanksgiving is becoming a forgotten holiday...

Edited by Iwritecode

QUOTE(Iwritecode @ Nov 22, 2005 -> 11:56 AM)
I think he did it because of the unwritten rule that Chrismas decorations (especially trees) are not allowed to be put up until the weekend after Thanksgiving at the earliest.

I'm coming to your house next.

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Nov 22, 2005 -> 01:28 PM)
http://money.cnn.com/2005/11/22/news/econo...dex.htm?cnn=yes

Consumers ready to open their wallets yet again.  Once again doom and gloom predictions fall by the wayside.

but don't forget Nuke.....prices go up and it's Bush's fault...prices go down and it's a market correction.

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Nov 22, 2005 -> 01:24 PM)
Here's a question...

Every year gas prices jump at labor day because of "increased demand"

Tomorrow is the unquestioned busiest travel day of the year? Do cars run on stuffing at Thanksgiving? Cuz gas prices never react to meet the "increased demand"

Yes, it's the busiest travel day of the year...but I don't believe it's the busiest day for oil consumption. It's the biggest in terms of numbers moving. But a lot of those are carpools, or packed planes, or whole families going places. Plus, there's no increased demand because of people using air conditioners at the same time.

I think she did it because of the unwritten rule that Chrismas decorations (especially trees) are not allowed to be put up until the weekend after Thanksgiving at the earliest.

At least a week ago, when I was walking around my neighborhood on the NW side of Chicago, I was stunned (started talking to myself, actually) to see how many Christmas (or whatever) trees were already up and decorated inside people's homes. I guess this is nothing new, but it's really getting crazy. Might as well put them up right after Labor Day and be done with it.

Oh, and the tie in with the thread topic, is that I was walking around my neighborhood. Got rid of my car 4 years ago. Don't know what the cost of gasoline is. Yep. I'll admit to feeling a trace of moral superiority. Until the first really big snowfall that people don't clear from the sidewalks.