Best part of Thanksgiving?

Soxy

What is your favorite part of thanksgiving?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite part of thanksgiving?

• The food (duh)
    • Seeing my family
    • Seeing my family leave at the end of the day
    • The start of the Christmas season
    • The football
    • Not having work
    • Other

I wish there was an other, because I like going to my families, having my world series championship hoddie on and just having a big smile on my face when we start to talk about baseball....yea, almost my entire family are cubs fans...i guess i was one of the lucky ones

QUOTE(SoxPride56 @ Nov 22, 2005 -> 10:58 AM)
I wish there was an other, because I like going to my families, having my world series championship hoddie on and just having a big smile on my face when we start to talk about baseball....yea, almost my entire family are cubs fans...i guess i was one of the lucky ones

You are the only one not born retarded. Revel in it!

QUOTE(Soxy @ Nov 22, 2005 -> 07:44 AM)
Just wondering.

And, if you picked food--make sure to tell us which one is your fave!

Definately the food, with football and seeing my friends and family a close second (if it weren't for some of my family it may rank 1st, lol).

Most important food groups of thanksgiving...Turkey, mashed potatoes, yams with brown sugar and marshmellows, scalloped corn, pumpkin pie....LEFTOVERS.

I voted for the FOOD. More often than not (though not this year) I've always had to work on Thanksgiving which has always sucked. That Thanksgiving signals the beginning of the Christmas season is cool but the older I get the less special it seems. I'm not that huge a football fan to be thrilled with whatever games are on TV.

As for the food, I love it all, especially dark meat and the dressing. But the very best is desert. I love pumpkin pie and there's usually also peach, blueberry, pecan, strawberry-ruhbarb and mincemeat. And oh those late at night turkey sandwiches!

I voted for other since there was no choice for all of the above. Throw out "seeing them leave at the end of the day" though cause its only twice a year ( Turkey day and Christmas ) that we all get together so its not cool to see everyone go their seperate ways when its all over.

Edited by NUKE_CLEVELAND