Get rid of...

rafacosta

That's not true, you can never assume a double play and the ball wasn't hit hard enough to Paulie.  You think A-Rod would have thrown Pierzinky or whomever out?  Common now.

I'm not talking about that. I'm talking about Jose's homer, and the fact that it brought in both of our runs. If he gets any help offensively, his error does not matter. You won't win a lot of games with 2 runs....and if we score 4 runs, we still probably win. That's what pisses me off. Scoring 4 runs is not that hard....and with this offense, it should not be hard.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Joses the only guy that seems to be giving a s*** about the game. Getting rid of his will officially make this team a bunch of corpse losers.

The chances of us going out and getting a quality shortstop or centerfielder is slim to none. I think it might be highly possible that we get Alex Cora or Izturis from the Dodgers though. They both have great D, but just dont depend on them to drive in any runs.

This offense score 850 runs last year.  That is the offense I'm talking about.

The weirdest part of all is that 2000 Sox scored 950 runs and they had bums like Singleton, Fordyce, Norton, Abbott, etc....other than that we have the same players, some of whom should have gotten better by now...Maybe Garry Word totally deserves the blame.

The weirdest part of all is that 2000 Sox scored 950 runs and they had bums like Singleton, Fordyce, Norton, Abbott, etc....other than that we have the same players, some of whom should have gotten better by now...Maybe Garry Word totally deserves the blame.

Could be, although i think you underestimate the difference between durham and jimenez........

Could be, although i think you underestimate the difference between durham and jimenez........

You're blaming the wrong gear, pal. In 2000, Durham's OBP was .361. As of today, Jimenez's is .400. Sorry, there are a lot of guys in this offense you can blame for its slow start, but not Jimenez. His job is to get on base and he's doing it way better than Ray was in 2000.

You're blaming the wrong gear, pal.  In 2000, Durham's OBP was .361.  As of today, Jimenez's is .400.  Sorry, there are a lot of guys in this offense you can blame for its slow start, but not Jimenez.  His job is to get on base and he's doing it way better than Ray was in 2000.

lol idiots i tell ya! Id have you guys for breakfast, lunch and dinner, in fantasy baseball. WHO GIVES A f*** WHAT A PLAYER HAS DONE THE 1ST 6 WEEKS OF THE SEASON? Durham is a top 2nd baseman and Jimenez is a piece of s***..........I never blamed the sox troubles on Jimenez. I just recognize hes a piece of s***.

no way do we get rid of jose... that act he did (sammy mugging for the cameras) earned him a lifetime exemption. this team needs a leader.... and like it or not...no one is willing to step up to that role...i would like to see maggs do it.... but he seems unwilling

Looks like the cause of your "chronic wide-hipness" has surfaced. :)

LOL!!!!! ;) :bringit I mean REALLY, do you two losers really thinking pretending that I am fat, is going to bother me? I have the reality right in front of me every day....NEEEEEEEEEEEXT. :D

That's even more idiotic than making him a DH...He is a winner playing on a club full of (talented) losers. He is easily worth 3-5 Mill to a WINNING team because of aformentioned skills he brings, but his value goes down significantly if 1) he doesn't play on a winning team,  2) doesn't get regular at bats. and 3) doesn't play every day SS...He is not worth the money if he doesn't start.  Especially to the budget-tight Sox...Either win with Jose every day in the line-up or get rid of him in a WF-type firesale.

End of story.

How he a winner? Winners do the little things and playing defense is the biggest little thing there is.

no way do we get rid of jose... that act he did (sammy mugging for the cameras) earned him a lifetime exemption. this team needs a leader.... and like it or not...no one is willing to step up to that role...i would like to see maggs do it.... but he seems unwilling

He is the team leader no doubt about it. Even though he makes errors the man plays all out and gives 100% everyday. We need more players to play the way Jose does and not trade the guy. Right now the fielding lapses are magnified by the zero hitting we have been getting. I had hopes that after the sweep of the O's we might be turning the corner, but I am still waiting with the turn signal on.

I'm with ya 100%.

Well, then you're math is bad to.

I'm not going to tell you I'd rather have Jose over Miles, but what you said doesn't make sense.

If Jose does not homer. The Sox have 0 runs. If Jose does not make his error, Minnesota has 2 runs. Then again I'm not that smart so who knows. :huh:

Ok, "residence-challenged" if you prefer.

I'd rather have Singleton in center and Jimenez and Miles in the infield then having Jose in all honesty. I can't stand piss poor defense and Jose sucks out there.

Tell me Jimenez sucks out there, but he will always be a way better defensive player and offensive player then Jose.

Tell me Jimenez sucks out there, but he will always be a way better defensive player and offensive player then Jose.

Jimenez has that Durham disease, where he falls alseep on defense for awhile and misses balls. Jose goes balls to the wall, but he rushes throws and thus gets his errors. We'll see how good Jimenez is next year at SS.

Well, then you're math is bad to.

I'm not going to tell you I'd rather have Jose over Miles, but what you said doesn't make sense.

If Jose does not homer. The Sox have 0 runs. If Jose does not make his error, Minnesota has 2 runs. Then again I'm not that smart so who knows.  :huh:

I don't want Jose because a team doesn't win the world series with a crappy defense.

I could give a damn about being mediocre, mediocre sucks. Its about time the Sox won the series and they aren't going to do it with players that aren't fundementally sound.

I'm not saying Miles is a better option, I personally don't think the Sox have any in house replacements for shortstop (At least not for a couple years) which means they should get a trade together for one. You don't use all your prospects to develop, plenty of times you let another team develop them for you to get more help in the short run.

I'd still love to of done that Rollins for Jose and Rauch trade or whatever it was. I doubt we could get Rollins, but a good shortstop would be really nice.

One guy I like a bit is Ramon Vazquez and I don't think he would be that tough to get. I really think we could get a package together for Vazquez and Klesko or Kotsay including Lee or Konerko and Jose and maybe a prospect.