world series payoff

thedoctor

QUOTE(timotime @ Nov 22, 2005 -> 12:38 PM)
why's the payoff so small? 200K isnt s*** to someone like PK who makes that much with the swing of a bat.

Yeah, but to a ton of the other key guys on this team...Podsednik, Crede, the Widge, Blum, Jenks, Probably BMac and BA also (I don't know about partial season guys)...that's a pretty big hunk of cash. The major league minimum was about $400k last year, and we had several young guys making just about that much.

I'm somewhat surprised at the low number of people that got shares/cash from the Sox. The Sox paid less people than any of the 8 playoff teams, and less than HALF the Cardinals paid.

It's the players money and they can do what they want with it, I'm just, at least on the surface, surprised they didn't share the love a little more.

QUOTE(Rex Hudler @ Nov 22, 2005 -> 10:33 PM)
I'm somewhat surprised at the low number of people that got shares/cash from the Sox.  The Sox paid less people than any of the 8 playoff teams, and less than HALF the Cardinals paid.

It's the players money and they can do what they want with it, I'm just, at least on the surface, surprised they didn't share the love a little more.

Factoring in the Sox minimal roster changes last year, it makes sense. There weren't many injuries, and there weren't many trades.