Some positives

BrandoFan

---Olivo is looking better and better with every atbat, going deeper in the count and timing it well. Today against a tough pitchers he had 2 hard line drives go foul in his 'out' atbats in addition to a base hit. His defense and speed go without saying. In 2 years, he'll be the best catcher in AL barring an injury, he is alreayd learning to make complex adjustments mid-atbat swing-wise.

---Daubach looks like he is ready to go on his patented 2-week hitting tear. Caveat: he is not Wander Valt or Lenny Harris- he absolutely needs regular at bats. With Harris down and Maggs playing CF (I told you!) he will get his opportunities. He looked all kinds of sharp today, giving a hell of a battle to Hawkins.

---Graffanino's swing is getting shortter and quicker while his eye is improving compared to his utility self from 2000-2001, and I really would like to see him platoon with Crede, unless the latter can have more at bats like he did today against Lohse and Guirdado where he drives the ball and lays off junk in the dirt...Joe also plays clutch, impecable defense of late.

---Marte and Wunsht are awesome. Not much to say about that.

--Gordon threw an unfortunate 0-2 mistake today, but his fastball was snapping 95-96 and his two curves are lethal. I truly believe he is ready to break out. Remains tor be seen.

---Loiaza was the embodiment of what 'clutch' means for a pitcher. Had C+ stuff today and still pitched well enough to go 7 innings (99 pitches), lowering his ERA to otherwordly (for 3rd starter) 1.99.

---Carlos Lee was robbed of a 400-feet home yesterday and is finally starting to see the ball, putting authority if a bit overlong swings, in tough pitcher's pitches. He is a tiny adjustment away from breaking out.

---Konerko is still struggling, but his batspeed has increased in the last few weeks. Like Daubach, Crede and Lee, I think he will step up VERY soon.

---Valentin had a HORRIBLE error today, but it was his first error in, what, 10+ games, one fo the few ones that actualy cost the Sox; his throwing has improved since he throws lower trajectory lately than he used to, hardly sails it anymor...More importantly, for the first time in nearly a month he's actually looked good at the plate mechanically speaking, and was once again clutch with ROB (homer, walk and single) against sneaky Lohse who's given him plenty of trouble. As much as Jose has struggled (if you can call 22-RBI from your SS from the 2nd spot that), he was actually much worse this time last year before heating up. When Jose starts seeing the ball, watch out.

--In addition to that, we have Magglio who is yet to get hot and his being moved to more "prestigious" CF might be the confidence boost he deperately needs- how does "All-Star CF Magglio Ordonez" sound? LOL...Did I mention Frank Thomas is proving me wrong, actually having the highest OPS in the league in the last week?

I've been down on this team since the first KC, and, to be fair, they severely underperformed, totally deserving fans' wrath...However this team is finally starting to turn it around and is, IMO, one Jeff Abbot-type, late-inning heroics away from 16-4 run. Here's hoping we don't get Twinkiedome'd too much in the future.

Go Sox!

Guest hotsoxchick1
he thinks it will gain him acceptance lol
... he has more than you do ..... ;)

---Olivo is looking better and better with every at bat

i knew you guys would start to like him as i do.........i can only hope his arm stays hidden and we can bite a few more baserunners off with each game ........ :)

Daubach looks like he is ready to go on his patented 2-week hitting tear
one can only hope..........its gotta start soon or hes toast i feel...

Graffanino's swing is getting shortter and quicker

too bad we dont get to see it often enough.......

Marte and Wunsht are awesome. Not much to say about that.
... how about dump botch now......... :D

Konerko is still struggling, but his batspeed has increased in the last few weeks. Like Daubach, Crede and Lee, I think he will step up VERY soon.
... he better step it up....if the hips are bothering him that bad then hit the dl for a bit .......that would give guys like graff a bit more play time......just a thought......

---Loiaza was the embodiment of what 'clutch' means for a pitcher
... kinda hard to find something not positive about him......i fear we would be in serious trouble without him... ;) as for frank and maggs.. hopefully they will heat up a bit soon and the rest of the lineup will follow suite............thanks for the positive things to look at brando..... they tend to get lost in our aggervation........... :D

... he has more than you do ..... ;)

i knew you guys would start to like him as i do.........i can only hope his arm stays hidden and we can bite a few more baserunners off with each game ........ :)

one can only hope..........its gotta start soon or hes toast i feel...

too bad we dont get to see it often enough.......

Marte and Wunsht are awesome. Not much to say about that.
... how about dump botch now......... :D

Konerko is still struggling, but his batspeed has increased in the last few weeks. Like Daubach, Crede and Lee, I think he will step up VERY soon.
... he better step it up....if the hips are bothering him that bad then hit the dl for a bit .......that would give guys like graff a bit more play time......just a thought......

... kinda hard to find something not positive about him......i fear we would be in serious trouble without him... ;) as for frank and maggs.. hopefully they will heat up a bit soon and the rest of the lineup will follow suite............thanks for the positive things to look at brando..... they tend to get lost in our aggervation........... :D

THANK GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol like i need or want acceptance from people like you......... :)

Guest hotsoxchick1

you answering in that manner only speaks on how badly you need it... now run along little boy and go bother the other kids..... ;)

you answering in that manner only speaks on how badly you need it... now run along little boy and go bother the other kids..... ;)

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooook lololololololololol im dying here................. :D :D :D :lol:

Guest hotsoxchick1
Hey BMR you wouldn't happen to be kenblanks on the ESPN board would you?

2k hes more like shooting blanks.......... ;)

Hey BMR you wouldn't happen to be kenblanks on the ESPN board would you?

I used to read ESPN and I remember kenblanks. Ive got a theory on him. I think hes a complete perfectionist. So everytime we allow a run or a hit he gets upset. Of course, in baseball youre hardly perfect so life is hard on perfectionists. Im one too but Im a bit below KBs level... ;)

I used to read ESPN and I remember kenblanks. Ive got a theory on him. I think hes a complete perfectionist. So everytime we allow a run or a hit he gets upset. Of course, in baseball youre hardly perfect so life is hard on perfectionists. Im one too but Im a bit below KBs level... ;)

I may be a perfectionist too, but i can assure you i do not get upset over a baseball game. The sox just suck. :huh:

Nah, I dont think bmr is kenblanks. Definitely not. Kenblanks has no personality, bmr, even if its negative, has one...

Dude im not negative, i am just speaking the truth. The sox are average at best. If thats negative then uh ok lol. I am VERY optimistic about things within my control....maybe TOO much lol.