Opener moved to ESPN Sunday Night 4/2/06

QUOTE(sufferingsoxfan @ Nov 22, 2005 -> 09:46 PM)
The Opener has been moved to Sunday night  4/2/06 for the ESPN opening game.  I can't believe ESPN is actually going to give the Sox this pub.  Keep this in mind when purchasing ticket plans.  But my rep says this  may cause some adjustments of the plans.

So then i would assume that it is a night game instead of a day game.

QUOTE(sufferingsoxfan @ Nov 22, 2005 -> 10:46 PM)
The Opener has been moved to Sunday night  4/2/06 for the ESPN opening game.  I can't believe ESPN is actually going to give the Sox this pub.  Keep this in mind when purchasing ticket plans.  But my rep says this  may cause some adjustments of the plans.

Just talked with my ticket rep, regarding the split season plans and opening day. Basically, the plan that already had opening day on it (the "Hit and Run" weekday 27 game plan), will still have that game, even though it was moved to Sunday. Just FYI.

He also told me that they recently decided on some important dates for buying extra tickets:

January 24: Full season ticket holders get first crack at extra tickets for single games (including opening series and Cubs/Sox, and any others), up to some limit (to be determined) per game.

January 25: Split season (27 game) ticket holders then get their crack, if there are any left (which I got the impression there likely would be, given the limits).

January 27: Individual game tickets go on sale to the general public.

For season ticket holders, watch your emails between now and then for more details.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Nov 23, 2005 -> 12:27 PM)
Is there any chance they might move the ring ceremony to that day to get it on ESPN?

Since they barely showed any pre-game or in-break festivities during the world series, I'd think that's unlikely. But you never know. Did they do it last year with Boston?