Opener moved to ESPN Sunday Night 4/2/06

ESPN2 is actually doing the game, and here's the official press release.

http://whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/pr...t=.jsp&c_id=cws

White Sox announce changes to 2006 opening series schedule

CHICAGO -- The dates of the Chicago White Sox 2006 season opening series at U.S. Cellular Field have been changed, with Opening Day now falling on Sunday, April 2 with a 7:00 p.m. start against the Cleveland Indians. The game will be broadcast nationally on ESPN2 and will be the first game of the 2006 Major League Baseball season.

The World Champion White Sox will have an off-day at home on Monday, April 3 and will host the Indians on Tuesday, April 4, and Wednesday, April 5 at 1:05 p.m. The team will have an off-day on Thursday, April 6 before traveling to Kansas City and Detroit for the first road trip of the season.

Individual-game tickets to 2006 White Sox home games will go on sale Friday, January 27, 2006 online at whitesox.com, through TicketMaster phone lines at (312) 559-1212 and (866) SOX-GAME and at Chicagoland TicketMaster ticket outlets, including Coconuts and Carson Pirie Scott locations.

Season tickets are available now by calling the White Sox sales department at (312) 674-1000 or by visiting whitesox.com.

QUOTE(White Sox Josh @ Nov 28, 2005 -> 04:38 PM)
Yeah and I am sure we will get 55 Minutes of Yankees-Red Sox-Cubs talk before the game.

:headshake

rant/

I swear to god, what do you people want ESPN to do? They give us the national spotlight, give us the attention all of you piss and moan about, and then we get a comment like this.

Lets just rename ESPN the white sox channel, maybe then people would stop b****ing.

/end rant

QUOTE(SnB @ Nov 28, 2005 -> 04:42 PM)

rant/

I swear to god, what do you people want ESPN to do?  They give us the national spotlight, give us the attention all of you piss and moan about, and then we get a comment like this.

Lets just rename ESPN the white sox channel, maybe then people would stop b****ing.

/end rant

^^^

Did ESPN piss in Sox fan's collective corn flakes or something?

QUOTE(SnB @ Nov 28, 2005 -> 05:42 PM)

rant/

I swear to god, what do you people want ESPN to do?  They give us the national spotlight, give us the attention all of you piss and moan about, and then we get a comment like this.

/end rant

I think ESPN is renamed the Red Sox/Yankees/Cubs/T.O./World Series of Poker channel.

So the dopes at ESPN deserves every bit of crap we throw at them.