Give KW the benefit of the doubt...

NCsoxfan

There's only 1 thing I need to give him the benefit of the doubt on with regards to this trade:

Jim Thome must be healthy enough to play 130+ games these next 3 years and participate in any playoff runs we make.

If he tells me Thome is healthy enough to play, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Nov 23, 2005 -> 04:07 PM)
There's only 1 thing I need to give him the benefit of the doubt on with regards to this trade:

Jim Thome must be healthy enough to play 130+ games these next 3 years and participate in any playoff runs we make.

If he tells me Thome is healthy enough to play, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

Well there's a reason why physicals are done.

I'm definately going to give him the benefit of the doubt.

He also told us that ElDuqe was healthy for the entire season last year.. Let Kenny Gm and not play DR.

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Nov 23, 2005 -> 04:19 PM)
Well there's a reason why physicals are done.

I'm definately going to give him the benefit of the doubt.

He's about 3 months into a 8-9 monthe rehab so he won't be totally healthy. He will be able to hit come ST but I doubt he'll be healthy enough to throw until the season begins.

QUOTE(ptatc @ Nov 23, 2005 -> 03:07 PM)
He's about 3 months into a 8-9 monthe rehab so he won't be totally healthy. He will be able to hit come ST but I doubt he'll be healthy enough to throw until the season begins.

If you want to trust Pat Gillick, the new Philly GM's words, Thome is in the "Best condition he's been in for 3 or 4 years".

QUOTE(Felix @ Nov 23, 2005 -> 05:25 PM)
Personally, even though I should, I don't give KW any benefit of the doubt here.  Until Thome produces, I will be pretty upset about A-Row being moved.

The man changed the whole face of the team last offseason and built this team into a world series winner and you're not going to give him the benefit of the doubt??

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Nov 23, 2005 -> 04:30 PM)
Actually, I believe it was El Duque saying that and not KW.  But point taken.

Not exactly, I remember reading KW saying El Duque passed with flying colors.

Anyway, just because a player passes a physical doesn't mean that he won't get hurt anymore. Thome better be ready to play when called on next season.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Nov 23, 2005 -> 06:30 PM)
The man changed the whole face of the team last offseason and built this team into a world series winner and you're not going to give him the benefit of the doubt??

QUOTE(Felix @ Nov 23, 2005 -> 06:25 PM)
Personally, even though I should, I don't give KW any benefit of the doubt here.  Until Thome produces, I will be pretty upset about A-Row being moved.