Can you guys tell me about Gonzalez and Haigwood?

QUOTE(Buehrle>Wood @ Nov 23, 2005 -> 11:41 PM)
First, let me just say this: I'm awful with my minor leaguers.

But I thought Haigwood was our crap knuckleballer? Or am I confusing my people here?

Haeger is the knuckleballer.

Haigwood is easily a top 10 prospect, maybe top 5 after last year.

I can give some insight on Haigwood, seeing him for a half of season in Bham he really made an impresion on me and really the numbers speak for them self

6-1 1.74 ERA 0 HR 67 IP 76 K's .170 BA against.

Granted we play at the canyon AKA the Hoover Met but Haig really jumped back on to the scene in his second start a game in Jacksonville which was voted as the second best team in the minors with a lineup that featured prospects like Delwyn Young, Joel Guzman, Andy LaRoche, Russ Martin and James Loney Haig threw 8 innings allowing only 1 run on 4 hits with 8K's. Haig also battled phenom Chuck James and really outduled him getting 10 K's and a week later had a 9 K game against Huntsville.

I seen Haig get strikeouts through his breaking pitch and throwing the 91 MPH fastball up in the zone he is a master at changing speeds and throwing his breaking pitch for a strike then add a 91 heat which I think will improve you have solid potential for a middle to end of the rotation starter

QUOTE(GS1 @ Nov 23, 2005 -> 08:47 PM)
Baseball America refers to this kid as not a top prospect but as simply a kid to watch.  Comments?

BA is solid, but they are far from great. FutureSox had been talking about Bmac for a long time and than he finally got on the radar at BA. BA hypes guys and falls in love with guys.

Haigwood is a top 6 prospect in the Sox org, I guarantee you that much. Is he one of the best pitching prospects in baseball...far from it, but he has the ability to be good and quite a few good baseball people on this board (many of which have connections to insiders) think he's got a good shot.

Just an FYI.

Haigwood is potentially, and I stress that word, a Mark Buehrle type pitcher. Good control, throws strikes, knows how to pitch. His change isn't as good as Buehrle's and he doesn't have the cutter as an out pitch like Mark does, but his breaking balls are better. He threw a more traditional 1-7 curveball and a hard breaking ball like a slider. Both were every good pitches.

I'm not sure how to find it, but I went into pretty good detail about what I saw when he first pitched in Birmingham this year. I think it was in a game thread, so who knows where it is. If someone can find it, I think it would appropriate here.

QUOTE(Hey_Look_Its_Chase_Utley! @ Nov 23, 2005 -> 05:17 PM)
Phillies fan here. Congrats on the World Series victory, and getting on the classiest guys in baseball. I really think Thome was a great pickup for you guys, and is much better of where he can DH instead of playing 1B every day. What can you tell me about the prospects the Phillies reportedly received.

Nice avatar, my friend.