Insurance for Anderson in CF

Knowing KW's desire to have guys play various positions and without Timo coming off the bench-- what about Jacque Jones as a 4th OF. If Anderson tanks than Jones could play. Other days he could play the other outfield postions.

Other CF's available are: Preston Wilson (too expensive!) and Kenny Lofton (probably too old!)

If Anderson tanks, I let him play anyway. Our offense will not hang next year on Brian Anderson's performance in center field. That's the beauty of the trade today - we don't need Brian Anderson to carry this team with the bat, we only need him to be solid with the glove and occasionally wander in behind Podsednik when Scott loses the ball in the lights.

If Anderson tanks, let him play...we did it with Crede, and eventually things started to click.

Absolutley not. Jaque Jones is not an upgrade to anything we already have.

Career OPSs:

'00 - .781, 89 OPS+

'01 - .751, 96 OPS+

'02 - .852, 125 OPS+

'03 - .797, 106 OPS+

'04 - .742, 90 OPS+

'05 - .757, 99 OPS+

Career - .757, 101 OPS+

Talk about Lack-Luster

QUOTE(sufferingsoxfan @ Nov 23, 2005 -> 06:50 PM)
Knowing KW's desire to have guys play various positions and without Timo coming off the bench-- what about Jacque Jones as a 4th OF.  If Anderson tanks than Jones could play.  Other days he could play the other outfield postions.

Other CF's available are:  Preston Wilson (too expensive!) and Kenny Lofton (probably too old!)

Other possible CF's available.

Juan Encarnacion (Not bad)

Johnny Damn (NO)

Personally I like Jones.

QUOTE(WinninUgly @ Nov 23, 2005 -> 05:08 PM)
The Sox will be looking for someone to get on base more (better OBP).  Jones does not fit that mold.

We found someone to let us get on base today when we added a perennial 100+ walk guy. He's either hitting before Konerko or before Dye, which means that those 2 guys are suddenly going to have a lot more RBI chances.

I am just trowing some names out there, i highly doubt we get any of them but here they are...dont come down to hard on me lol

mark kotsay

randy winn

pierre

how much would winn cost us?, and is he better then BA?

Edited by SoxPride56

QUOTE(Jimbo's Drinker @ Nov 23, 2005 -> 06:43 PM)
I for one think that BA is perfect.  During the playoffs he looked like Rowand's personal assistant,they were always together.

Immediately after ARow said "No way", BA, standing right next to ARow, followed it up with "Oh my God." ARow then finished the thought with..."No...No Way"...and then Podsednik's ball landed in the seats.

QUOTE(hi8is @ Nov 24, 2005 -> 03:20 AM)
"B.A. is a good player. He's going to be fine," said Rowand of Anderson. "He can hit. He plays defense. He plays the game the right way. Chicago fans and the White Sox are going to be happy to have him."

god damn, it really is a sad day to see him go...

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Nov 23, 2005 -> 07:28 PM)
Might I ask why?

His glove mainly. If he's as good as he's hyped up to be then I think he can replace rowand in CF. I know his offensive numbers aren't exactly pretty, but he could at least put up Aaron's numbers.

I know Ozzie wants a number two guy and Jones is definetly not that, but in my opinion he is the best FA option. Now if you can get a guy like Pierre that's a different story.

Anderson is the only responsible choice... If one more uneducated bandwagon fan brings up Juan Peirres name i'm going to puke... He has no place here... At all.. Anderson is the only option... Hell if they want a speed guy to get bad routes on balls and have balls fly over his head then put Willie Harris in CF... It will save us 5 mil dollars..

QUOTE(Jeckle2000 @ Nov 24, 2005 -> 05:13 PM)
If one more uneducated bandwagon fan brings up Juan Peirres name i'm going to puke... He has no place here... At all.. Anderson is the only option... Hell if they want a speed guy to get bad routes on balls and have balls fly over his head then put Willie Harris in CF... It will save us 5 mil dollars..

Because....... (and please show me the stats that show this). Yes Pierre is a downgrade on defense, but can you tell me right now, he's going to hit .276 again next season? No you can't, and that's what Ozzie and KW will be banking on if they trade for him (but he's most likely going to the Cubs anyway).

Jackass Jones, he's getting $5-6M over 2 to 3 years, most likely from Seattle. So he's not an option.

As for other options, well I'd likely to have a lefty OF that can actually hit righties (and no that's not Timo for $1M). Options for this include Matt Lawton, Kenny Lofton (even though he's pretty much done), Orlando Palmeiro (although he can't handle CF), and Michael Tucker (although he doesn't hit much better than Timo). Otherwise we'll have to look in the trade market.