So who is next?

RME JICO

Who will the next Sox acquisition be?  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Who will the next Sox acquisition be?

• Juan Pierre
    • Ichiro Suzuki
    • Johnny Damon
    • Bill Mueller
    • Brian Giles
    • Luis Gonzalez
    • Other

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Nov 23, 2005 -> 07:56 PM)
I think when it comes to starters we are done.  We might aquire bench depth, but the Sox starting line up is set IMO.

i agree with that for the most part, but I also think we'll go after pierre. If that falls through, we'll sit still.

QUOTE(sircaffey @ Nov 23, 2005 -> 06:34 PM)
It just smells too fishy right now to not think Pierre is a main target.  Ozzie wants a new 2 hitter with speed, Ozzie is familiar with Pierre, and we just traded our CF.  Who knows...

Personally I just despise the idea of trading for another outfielder when outfield is by far our deepest position in the minor leagues.

We have youth there. Youth is cheap. Let's use it.

For some reason, I think Brian Anderson will be the starting CFer. But someone else could be moved from the IF.

Ozzie still has his sights set on someone for the #2 spot. And probably could leadoff as well

Can they pry Freel away from the Reds, he's the kind of guy Ozzie likes.

QUOTE(JimH @ Nov 23, 2005 -> 07:20 PM)
Can they pry Freel away from the Reds, he's the kind of guy Ozzie likes.

I saw Freel, but he has some mega off the field issues and from what I heard they are a lot worse than whats been reported in the media. I think he's a guy that would fit, but also a guy that the Sox will stay away from.

QUOTE(lemon44 @ Nov 23, 2005 -> 07:30 PM)
If we don't re-sign Konerko let's trade for Glaus.

If we don't resign Konerko, than I still think Giles at the right price (and for 3 years) makes a lot of sense. He could slide into CF if need be and the Sox can than maybe find a platoon type bat for 1st base (even a guy like Mueller). If the Sox had Giles and Thome in the middle I have zero problem with Mueller playing 1st.

QUOTE(EvilJester99 @ Nov 23, 2005 -> 10:50 PM)
With Thome in the lineup, I think the Sox could afford to lose abit of the pop if they can't resign Paulie and swing a deal with Marte going to Milwaukee for Overbay....Thats who I still think the Sox should use as plan B

Is Overbay available? That would be a steal, but I don't see the Brewers giving him away for Marte, but I guess you never know.