Marte?

wilmot825

Oh goodness.

The Sox parted with one of the better defensive CF in all of baseball, a great clubhouse guy, and two of the best pitching prospects in the system and you ask why a trade surrounding Marte and Borchard couldn't work?

Rest assured, Damaso will not be a part of this team in 2006.

Meh, I'll put the GM hat on for a second:

If nothing else, how about a Damaso Marte-Ray King swap. Both are lefties. Both seem unhappy in their current locations--King has told the Cardnials he wants to be traded, Damaso shot himself in the foot--both have comparable numbers, and it makes sense on paper. Ray King is also a Chicago native.

Never know.

Oh goodness.

The Sox parted with one of the better defensive CF in all of baseball, a great clubhouse guy, and two of the best pitching prospects in the system and you ask why a trade surrounding Marte and Borchard couldn't work?

If nothing else, how about a Damaso Marte-Ray King swap.  Both are lefties.  Both seem unhappy in their current locations--King has told the Cardnials he wants to be traded, Damaso shot himself in the foot--both have comparable numbers, and it makes sense on paper.  Ray King is also a Chicago native.

Never know.

He's also obese. :lol:

Oh goodness.

If nothing else, how about a Damaso Marte-Ray King swap.  Both are lefties.  Both seem unhappy in their current locations--King has told the Cardnials he wants to be traded, Damaso shot himself in the foot--both have comparable numbers, and it makes sense on paper.  Ray King is also a Chicago native.

Never know.

marte may have had his difficulties, but for king? that guy is the fattest man in the bigs. he's notorious for coming in, walking a guy, and getting taken out.

people need to look at more than fantasy stats before they advocate trades that, no offense, dont make much sense.

marte may have had his difficulties, but for king? that guy is the fattest man in the bigs. he's notorious for coming in, walking a guy, and getting taken out.

people need to look at more than fantasy stats before they advocate trades that, no offense, dont make much sense.

Yeah, because Marte didn't do the exact same thing last season right? :lol: I'm not saying that I would trade Marte for King but did you miss Marte pitching in 2005? :huh:

Edited by SSH2005

Yeah, because Marte didn't do the exact same thing last season right?  :lol:  I'm not saying that I would trade Marte for King but did you miss Marte pitching in 2005?  :huh:

that may be true, but marte has better velocity and is younger. plus his wierd delivery makes him harder to hit when his stuff is on, as opposed to king's stereotypical delivery.

QUOTE(wilmot825 @ Nov 24, 2005 -> 07:06 AM)
Y didn't we get rid of our only problem for last season, Marte. Kenny should have seen if they wanted Borchard and Marte for Thome. wat u guys think

Phillies GM: So you want Jim Thome?

KW: Yes

Phillies GM: Ok, just give me your 2 worst players and we'll call it a deal.

KW: Yay

QUOTE(White Sox Josh @ Nov 24, 2005 -> 07:07 AM)
Borchard will be traded.  Who knows about Marte.

Personally, I still like Borchard getting the Timo Perez role this year. He's cheaper than Timo (Timo's contract would pay Borchard and Anderson's salary), he can't possibly do worse than "Clutch bloop single" Timo, and if by some miracle he comes out and hits .250 with 10-20 home runs off the bench during the season, then maybe we can hold onto him another year and really turn him into a decent trade piece. If he can't do that, then at least he's cheap and he gives us some power off the bench.

This thread is hilarious...

Believe it or not other GM's aren't making trades with us so we can improve and they get worse...

Fact is that Borchard has about as much trade value as a dog doo you pick up in the front yard... He will be released soon enough...

As for Marte... some GM will give up something for him hoping to fix him... and maybe they can... but I doubt the Phillies would of creamed their pants over that deal...

My guess is we're holding onto Marte, simply for the fact, is there a better replacement out there on the FA Market? No, probably not.

So in essence, if you trade Marte, you'll have to trade for a good replacement lefty LOOGY.