Ward Fired

Molto

Have you ever seen another batting coach so reviled?  I can't remember another batting coach raise such an emotional  outcry from the fans.

No, I just think it is because the White Sox fan base, regardless of size, is very knowledgeable and wants the team to win.

In other words....we kick ass! :headbang

You would never see a Cub fan or, for that matter, a fan of almost any team say "Fire the hitting coach" or "Bench Sosa because he made a stupid play." You'd see "Has Sosa hit a homer yet?" or "How's Jesus Prior doing today?" or something like that.

Thus far I've only heard good things about him. I hope it's him too.

CWSOX45

Hopefully it is not Greg Walker. I have heard nothing but bad things about him.

I like Baines , what do you think Rex?

I know nothing about Baines other than what he did while he played. Don't know his personality or anything about him really.

Von Joshua was the hitting coach in '00, right?  That season is slowly dimming in my memory.  Anyway, whoever was in charge in 2000, why not give him another shot?  Seemed to work pretty well with the guys that we have.

FWIW, Joshua is the hitting coach for the AA Cubs at West Tenn.

I tink the problem with this offense is that they lost the momentun in the 1st game. They were hitting until the 3rd inning when Burla got rocked one more time. After that inning we were 11-2 down and the momentum was gone. Bring a new hitting coach can energyze this hitters but they are the problem, they need to work extra time to get in shape.