Ward Fired

Molto

This is a band aid solution. We are 15-22 against teams not named the Tigers. We are 9-17 in the last 26 games. Much more than this needs to be done to give this team a spark. The season is about to go in to the toilet. Nothing would make me happier than to be wrong about this, but I don't think so.

:headbang At least someone seems to be paying attention. Was Ward JM or KW pick? It should also send a message to JM. When the ax falls right behind you the next swing ai'nt down.

Hope he finds a nice job with another club.

Guest JimH

I'm neutral on hiring Walker at this point, until he proves something one way or the other.

He was a good hitter but good hitters don't necessarily make good hitting instructors. I must admit to being concerned that with Walker being the hitting coach in Charlotte, Borchard's average has tumbled to new lows.

On the up side of the equation, everything I've ever read or heard about Greg Walker the person is positive. I cannot say I've heard anything ... positive or negative ... about his abilities as a hitting coach.

Hopefully he's a good communicator and can instill some confidence in these guys. I can't recall ever seeing so many hitters in such a defensive posture at the plate.

In this Minnesota series, as much as I dislike the Twins, they scratched out runs in the last two games and used whatever strategies they needed to get the win. As opposed to the Sox, who made just enough mistakes to lose.

Yes, offense has been a huge problem this year. But, relief pitching hasn't been reliable and the defense is just about what most people thought it would be ... average at best.

Guest hotsoxchick1
Thus far I've only heard good things about him. I hope it's him too.

CWSOX45

Hopefully it is not Greg Walker. I have heard nothing but bad things about him.

a little insite here please..................thanks............ :D

Thus far I've only heard good things about him. I hope it's him too.

CWSOX45

Hopefully it is not Greg Walker. I have heard nothing but bad things about him.

a little insite here please..................thanks............ :D

I already told you my thoughts HSC. If you want to find a way to let others in without attaching my name to it, feel free. Some things, I cannot say..... And just because I have my opinions, doesn't mean he won't be okay in the Big Leagues.

So how good a hitter was Walker?? I don't recall him being any more than decent.

Guest hotsoxchick1
So how good a hitter was Walker?? I don't recall him being any more than decent.

well he was no maggs or frank if thats what your gettin at.... ok at best... i wouldnt go writin home about any stellar performances by him though... ;) .as for the other stuff... well... never mind i know how you feel about it and the rest is mute......or will be anyhow cause i cant very well not attach anything to it now ...lol............