Mariucci Gone?

Brian

ESPN Link

A few other places are reporting he will be out by Monday and possibly replaced by Jauron.

Matt Millon just keeps getting away with this. I like Mike Williams but that may of been a dumb pick by Detroit when they had bigger needs in last years draft.

Time to look in the mirror, Matt. The fact that Detroit ownership hasn't fired HIM yet, shows how much they may or may not care.

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Nov 25, 2005 -> 06:12 PM)
Hey Dick Jauron wasnt as bad as some people here are making him out to be.  That detroit defense isnt the most talented group and he made them pretty good when they were healthy...... I just hope for his sake he finds a new offensive coordinator.

Jauron isn't a bad coach. Nor was Jerry Manuel a bad manager.

Matt Millon is a horrid GM.

well to be fair Ive watched some Lions games and Mariucci was doing a pretty crappy ass job as far as coaching goes. Although I always believe you give a coach 3 years b4 you fire him unless in the off-season their is a coach you are really interested in and would of hired over the current coach if he was available back than.

I disagree. The offense is pretty talented and Mooch hasn't done much with it. He isn't a terribly good coach and there are a number of problems on this team that can be directed back at Mooch.

I know a lot of people blame Millen, but there is definitely enough talent on their offense to compete for playoff spot this year.