Just for shits and giggles

Wanne

El Duque and Crede for Hank Blalock?...and maybe throw in a Diaz.

Look...I'm not looking to break this group up by any means. But there's a couple issues with Crede that stand out...a) his back...is it a lingering long term thing B) his arbitration number plus the fact Boras is his agent. c) His propensity for extended slumps.

Hey...I love Joe...but it there was a way to pull this off without giving up one of your top 5. Joe kind of falls in the same mode that ARow did...his value may never be higher. I realize Texas would probably want either Garland or BMac instead of Duque. Just a thought....

QUOTE(Wanne @ Nov 25, 2005 -> 07:01 PM)
a) his back...is it a lingering long term thing  B) his arbitration number plus the fact Boras is his agent.  c) His propensity for extended slumps.

So then why would Texas want him and an injury prone Hernandez?

A bigger question mark with Crede is his agent. Boras and the Sox do not have a smooth working relationship. Regardless of Crede's success, he will be hard to sign to another contract. The team should start planning now for his replacement.

QUOTE(Texsox @ Nov 25, 2005 -> 07:03 PM)
A bigger question mark with Crede is his agent. Boras and the Sox do not have a smooth working relationship. Regardless of Crede's success, he will be hard to sign to another contract. The team should start planning now for his replacement.

essentially they have with Fields.

QUOTE(Wanne @ Nov 25, 2005 -> 01:01 PM)
El Duque and Crede for Hank Blalock?...and maybe throw in a Diaz.

Look...I'm not looking to break this group up by any means.  But there's a couple issues with Crede that stand out...a) his back...is it a lingering long term thing  B) his arbitration number plus the fact Boras is his agent.  c) His propensity for extended slumps.

Hey...I love Joe...but it there was a way to pull this off without giving up one of your top 5.  Joe kind of falls in the same mode that ARow did...his value may never be higher.  I realize Texas would probably want either Garland or BMac instead of Duque.  Just a thought....

Blalock's agent is Boras. Plus Blalock has digressed big time and he's a first half player.

Blalock's agent is Boras. Plus Blalock has digressed big time and he's a first half player.

Somebody on the site posted and showed his agent isn't Boras, can't recall who. I thought it was Boras too but I believe he's got someone else. Texiera has Boras.

QUOTE(JimH @ Nov 25, 2005 -> 01:18 PM)
Somebody on the site posted and showed his agent isn't Boras, can't recall who.  I thought it was Boras too but I believe he's got someone else.  Texiera has Boras.

He dumped Boras mid contract? That is an encouraging move.

QUOTE(JimH @ Nov 25, 2005 -> 07:18 PM)
Somebody on the site posted and showed his agent isn't Boras, can't recall who.  I thought it was Boras too but I believe he's got someone else.  Texiera has Boras.

ooh, could we confirm this?! encouraging

as regards to fields...isn't he still struggling MIGHTILY with K's?

QUOTE(bmags @ Nov 25, 2005 -> 11:31 AM)
ooh, could we confirm this?! encouraging

as regards to fields...isn't he still struggling MIGHTILY with K's?

Which I believe is why he's got at least 2 more years in the minor leagues before he's ready...which is why the fact that we've got Crede arbitration-eligible can be quite useful. Crede holds down the fort very well while Fields readies himself, and Crede hits FA maybe a year after Fields is ready to come up, maybe even giving us the chance to use Crede as trade bait. We hope.

CBS Sportsline has Boras as Crede's agent

http://cbs.sportsline.com/mlb/teams/report/CHW/9044054

ARBITRATION ELIGIBLE

RHP Jon Garland, C A.J. Pierzynski, 3B Joe Crede, 2B Willie Harris.

Only once in eight years have the Sox gone to arbitration, so there is no reason they won't get multiyear extensions done with Garland, Pierzynski and Crede. Crede might be difficult because he is a Scott Boras-represented player. Harris could be traded if the right deal comes along.

This is dated 11/14/05

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Nov 25, 2005 -> 07:35 PM)
Which I believe is why he's got at least 2 more years in the minor leagues before he's ready...which is why the fact that we've got Crede arbitration-eligible can be quite useful.  Crede holds down the fort very well while Fields readies himself, and Crede hits FA maybe a year after Fields is ready to come up, maybe even giving us the chance to use Crede as trade bait.  We hope.

alright, just read at future sox of josh fields loss off the field...and his adjustment in the second half...very encouraging...

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Nov 25, 2005 -> 11:38 AM)
Hank Blalock's agent is Eric Goldschmidt not Scott Boras.

Also, there's no way in hell Texas would ever make that trade.

Seriously, but if they did I'd make that deal. Hell I think the Sox would actually save salary in the deal.

Show me all of Blalocks poor road splits, but I still say he's >>> Crede. Plus you'd save money.

That deal won't ever happen though. Maybe if Sean Tracey and someone else were a part of it.

QUOTE(bmags @ Nov 25, 2005 -> 11:47 AM)
alright, just read at future sox of josh fields loss off the field...and his adjustment in the second half...very encouraging...

Ya he made some strides, but I still need to see him do something for a full season before I label him near ready.

My personal take is that Schnurstein is the sleeper in the org when it comes to 3rd base prospects. I really like his potential and I think he has a live bat.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Nov 25, 2005 -> 07:55 PM)
Ya he made some strides, but I still need to see him do something for a full season before I label him near ready. 

My personal take is that Schnurstein is the sleeper in the org when it comes to 3rd base prospects.  I really like his potential and I think he has a live bat.

well, i was still living off of his 1st year stats (fields) which were pretty terrible...so those were more promising...

schnursteins numbers were very nice...didn't he get stalled because of fields thou?

QUOTE(bmags @ Nov 25, 2005 -> 12:06 PM)
well, i was still living off of his 1st year stats (fields) which were pretty terrible...so those were more promising...

schnursteins numbers were very nice...didn't he get stalled because of fields thou?

Ya, but its not a big issue. Micah and Josh will probably be together in Bham for a while, so I'm guessing one will be moving positions for a short time. I can't recall for sure, but I remember hearing some rumors of Micah switching positions (I can't remember where too, SS is what I keep coming back to, but I can't picture him playing there, especially since Valido will probably be in Bham).

Well Josh could be in Charlotte next year since he had a full season in Bham, but I'd give him more time in Bham myself.

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Nov 25, 2005 -> 12:10 PM)
I'm keeping Crede over anyplayer not named Chavez.

Cabrerra, Rolen, Aramis Ramirez...all better than Crede. There are guys better than Joe.

I love Joe and I don't even know why I'm discussing it. He's going to be back on the SouthSide and I think he's going to have a good year. .270ish with 30 Hr's (he's gonna do it this year).

Cabrerra, Rolen, Aramis Ramirez...all better than Crede.  There are guys better than Joe. 

I love Joe and I don't even know why I'm discussing it.  He's going to be back on the SouthSide and I think he's going to have a good year.  .270ish with 30 Hr's (he's gonna do it this year).

Sox fans say this every year. I hope it happens though.

Edited by SSH2005

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Nov 25, 2005 -> 02:12 PM)
Cabrerra, Rolen, Aramis Ramirez...all better than Crede.  There are guys better than Joe. 

I love Joe and I don't even know why I'm discussing it.  He's going to be back on the SouthSide and I think he's going to have a good year.  .270ish with 30 Hr's (he's gonna do it this year).

Defensively:

Rowand > Cabrera, Ramirez, probably Rolen if his injury flares up again.