Just for shits and giggles

Wanne

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Nov 25, 2005 -> 12:13 PM)
Defensively:

Rowand > Cabrera, Ramirez, probably Rolen if his injury flares up again.

I agree with you. Crede is the best in the biz next to a healthy Rolen, Beltre, and Chavez.

Oh and another guy I'd take in a heartbeat and the guy who I think has a shot to be the best 3rd baseman in 05 would be Adrian Beltre.

QUOTE(bmags @ Nov 25, 2005 -> 02:15 PM)
RODRIGUEZ!?!?!?!?!

We would never ever ever ever get Rodriguez. Plus he doesn't come through in the clutch at all, and he's not as good defensively as Joe Crede. Big-Time choker.

I'd take Chavez since this team is built on pitching and defense and Chavez bring the defense and he brings better offense.

Chavez > Rodriguez @ 3B. A-Rod no doubt is the better SS.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Nov 25, 2005 -> 02:16 PM)
I agree with you.  Crede is the best in the biz next to a healthy Rolen, Beltre, and Chavez. 

Oh and another guy I'd take in a heartbeat and the guy who I think has a shot to be the best 3rd baseman in 05 would be Adrian Beltre.

Crede and Beltre are equal to each other. Beltre has a stronger arm and that's pretty much it.

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Nov 25, 2005 -> 12:19 PM)
Crede and Beltre are equal to each other. Beltre has a stronger arm and that's pretty much it.

More range too. But I'm a big time Beltre backer (as am I a Crede backer). Beltre is a pure stud when healthy.

Two years ago, he put up the best season ever by a 3rd baseman (as far as I'm concerned).

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Nov 25, 2005 -> 08:17 PM)
We would never ever ever ever get Rodriguez. Plus he doesn't come through in the clutch at all, and he's not as good defensively as Joe Crede. Big-Time choker.

I'd take Chavez since this team is built on pitching and defense and Chavez bring the defense and he brings better offense.

Chavez > Rodriguez @ 3B. A-Rod no doubt is the better SS.

well duh he's not available but you said you'd keep crede over any 3b not named chavez...hell, i'd take Rolen and rodriguez and chavez, i think we all have some short term memory for joe... all of the ALCS and WS

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Nov 25, 2005 -> 02:10 PM)
I'm keeping Crede over anyplayer not named Chavez.

Is this serious...

I'm sorry but Crede has done nothing to prove he'll ever hit better then .250 in the regular season... Yes his defense is great but as so many of you love to point out about Rowand... it's replaceable... No matter how sexy his hits were in the playoffs...

QUOTE(Jeckle2000 @ Nov 25, 2005 -> 02:22 PM)
Is this serious...

I'm sorry but Crede has done nothing to prove he'll ever hit better then .250 in the regular season... Yes his defense is great but as so many of you love to point out about Rowand... it's replaceable... No matter how sexy his hits were in the playoffs...

Price for production wise, I'm taking Crede. Rodriguez doesn't warrant his contract in my eyes. Rolen is good, but I don't know how he'll react after coming off of his injury. Beltre is as same of a question mark offensively as Crede. Cabrera is a nice 3B, but I don't know about his defense which this team is built on.

Keep in mind I'm talking about in terms of this current team as well. If I'm starting a whole new team, it would go as follows:

Chavez

Rodriguez

Cabrera

Rolen

Ramirez

Crede

Beltre

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Nov 25, 2005 -> 02:20 PM)
More range too.  But I'm a big time Beltre backer (as am I a Crede backer).  Beltre is a pure stud when healthy.

Two years ago, he put up the best season ever by a 3rd baseman (as far as I'm concerned).

Beltre had one great season in a contract year.

Last year Beltre hit .255 with 19 HR and 87 RBI's. I would venture to say Crede would match the RBI's if he hit in a 3-4-5 hole.

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Nov 25, 2005 -> 12:27 PM)
Beltre had one great season in a contract year.

Last year Beltre hit .255 with 19 HR and 87 RBI's. I would venture to say Crede would match the RBI's if he hit in a 3-4-5 hole.

Just end it...Beltre >>> Crede

All being equal, salary and everything else and its not close. Beltre had a down year last year and sure he had a career year. Thats not to say it wasn't the best year ever by a 3rd baseman.

I'm not some homer and I don't just have this strong opinions unless I have a damn good reason behind em. In this case I know I'm right, most of the time I think things are debatable but the things your talking about aren't.

Ask anyone in baseball in regards to any of the things were debated and they'll give you the answers I've been giving you (and no I'm not some baseball expert of front office exec, I'm far from it).

That said I'm not gonna sit and just look at foolish post after foolish post where people slam Aaron's defense or say Crede is god.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Nov 25, 2005 -> 02:29 PM)
Just end it...Beltre >>> Crede

All being equal, salary and everything else and its not close.  Beltre had a down year last year and sure he had a career year.  Thats not to say it wasn't the best year ever by a 3rd baseman.

I'm not some homer and I don't just have this strong opinions unless I have a damn good reason behind em.  In this case I know I'm right, most of the time I think things are debatable but the things your talking about aren't. 

Ask anyone in baseball in regards to any of the things were debated and they'll give you the answers I've been giving you (and no I'm not some baseball expert of front office exec, I'm far from it). 

That said I'm not gonna sit and just look at foolish post after foolish post where people slam Aaron's defense or say Crede is god.

Beltre>>>Crede, now that's a joke. Beltre has a career year. That's nice. Again, it came in a contract year and in my opinion he was juicing. His homeruns were down much more than A-row's was. I know he plays at Safeco, but he still should've had 30HR's if 2004 wasn't a fluke. He had one great year. Every other year, he's been just like Crede. You can't tell me Beltre >>> Crede. The most you could say is Beltre>Crede or Crede

Look at every year other than 2004 in Beltre's career and try to tell me he's significantly better than Crede. He's not. Both have had the same type of career. Plus Beltre has played for 2 more years. I'm going to wait to see what Crede does this year and then you could compare his production with Beltre's 6th year production.

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Nov 25, 2005 -> 08:25 PM)
Price for production wise, I'm taking Crede. Rodriguez doesn't warrant his contract in my eyes. Rolen is good, but I don't know how he'll react after coming off of his injury. Beltre is as same of a question mark offensively as Crede. Cabrera is a nice 3B, but I don't know about his defense which this team is built on.

Keep in mind I'm talking about in terms of this current team as well. If I'm starting a whole new team, it would go as follows:

Chavez

Rodriguez

Cabrera

Rolen

Ramirez

Crede

Beltre

i keep forgetting cabrera will be a 3b