Carl Everett

Guest $I Need Money$

Guest $I Need Money$

Well now that we have no center fielder, why not bring Jurassic Carl back? Come on now knowing how KW loves him so much why not bring him back? Yes he swings at everything but he did help us this year.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well now that we have no center fielder, why not bring Jurassic Carl back? Come on now knowing how KW loves him so much why not bring him back? Yes he swings at everything but he did help us this year.

You're really not suggesting that we re-sign Carl Everett and make him our starting center fielder, are you? :o

QUOTE($I Need Money$ @ Nov 26, 2005 -> 02:58 PM)
He needs another year in the minors. He hit like .180 during his time with us so I wouldn't call him up yet.

Haha, you're willing to make a definitive judgement on Anderson after an extremely small sample size? Ok then.........

QUOTE($I Need Money$ @ Nov 25, 2005 -> 10:55 PM)

Or maybe we can bring Jose Valentin back and let him play CF.

Yikes!

his defense is rowand like but its ok I mean how much better defensively is Brian Anderson?

Brian Anderson is light years better than Everett defensively. The last time Everett played center field full-time was in 2000 with the Red Sox but that was about 25 pounds ago. He's out of shape, slow, and poor on defense now. It would be a disaster for any team to sign Everett as their starting center fielder.

Guest $I Need Money$
Carl Everett's Defense is Aaron Rowand like?  :lol:

oh s*** i meant isn't, how could I ever say that?

Now it's not that bad correct me if I'm wrong but I believe Carl lost 20 pounds last season so I don't think he is badly out of shape.

oh s*** i meant isn't, how could I ever say that?

Now it's not that bad correct me if I'm wrong but I believe Carl lost 20 pounds last season so I don't think he is badly out of shape.

MLB.com has Everett listed at 215 pounds. He weighed 190 when he was playing center field full-time. It will be the start of the 2006 season. It's not 2000 or before that anymore when Everett could actually play center field.

Edited by SSH2005

One of the first games Carl played the outfield this year was against the Indians. He was out in left field while Podsednik was resting his legs - a tweaked Hammy or something. He slammed into the wall and knocked himself out of the game...think he wound up needing a couple days off form that.

One of the first games Carl played the outfield this year was against the Indians.  He was out in left field while Podsednik was resting his legs - a tweaked Hammy or something.  He slammed into the wall and knocked himself out of the game...think he wound up needing a couple days off form that.

He also pulled his groin in a pickoff.