Carl Everett

Guest $I Need Money$

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(DABearSoX @ Nov 26, 2005 -> 08:10 PM)
I would rather have willie harris start in CF then Jurassic.....

If Willie was asked to become a center fielder and practiced at as hard as he does in the IF, I think he would become a very good CF, just as he has become a very good 2B.

When Jerry Manuel put him out there in a string of games he got better everyday. He's got a jump and can run, he can throw. Willie Harris is a pretty good ballplayer.

QUOTE($I Need Money$ @ Nov 26, 2005 -> 10:06 PM)
you guys really hate carl don't you?

Did you see Everett in the field at all last year? This team is based on pitching AND DEFENSE, and Everett would be a horrible centerfielder at this point in his career. Even suggesting him to fill in at center would be a horrible idea. No matter what the offensive downgrade, we should never have Everett in centerfield. I dont care if we are putting someone who hits .200 with crap power numbers, we don't give up that much defense for someone who isn't that great offensively in the first place.

I seriously find it hard to believe that you, or anyone, would suggest putting Everett in the outfield, let alone centerfield, to begin with.

Carl Everett is to slow to play CF. He is only adequate defensively at the corner spots in the OF. That's why he DH's. And I was disappointed in his bat last year late in the season. he became a singles hitter. Carl, the team mate, is a good thing, but I think Everett is finished in Chitown. We can put a rookie in the OF, save money and have more speed and defense.

QUOTE($I Need Money$ @ Nov 27, 2005 -> 03:06 AM)
you guys really hate carl don't you?

I think Carl Everett the person is a great guy. He is a veteran player that brings a lot to a team, but he is not up to the challenge of being an everyday CF. You need speed out there and good defensive ability. Carl doesn't have that anymore.

QUOTE(TLAK @ Nov 26, 2005 -> 09:08 PM)
If Willie was asked to become a center fielder and practiced at as hard as he does in the IF, I think he would become a very good CF, just as he has become a very good 2B.

When Jerry Manuel put him out there in a string of games he got better everyday.  He's got a jump and can run, he can throw.  Willie Harris is a pretty good ballplayer.

Very underrated by most. He can flat out play and he has a nose for action and excitement.

Some team someday will get Willie Harris and see him succeed. He will be a spark for some lineup somewhere down the road...I just hope it isn't Minnesota.

Very underrated by most.  He can flat out play and he has a nose for action and excitement.

Some team someday will get Willie Harris and see him succeed.  He will be a spark for some lineup somewhere down the road...I just hope it isn't Minnesota.

who says it wont be us in a few years? by few i mean 3 or more

QUOTE(elrockinMT @ Nov 26, 2005 -> 10:34 PM)
I think Carl Everett the person is a great guy. He is a veteran player that brings a lot to a team, but he is not up to the challenge of being an everyday CF. You need speed out there and good defensive ability. Carl doesn't have that anymore.

what about signing him to come off the bench. I still think he can be a solid ML Player if used in the right role.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Nov 28, 2005 -> 02:45 PM)
Except for the two he made.

You can't make errors if you can't get to the ball.

The reason Ryne Sandberg had that stellar fielding percentage and errorless streak. I loved watching the games with my best friend growing up, who was a Cub fan, and taunting him everytime, Ryne half-stepped toward the hole to cut off a ball and jussssssttttt missed getting to it. While he would never admit it, I think even the Cub fan in him couldn't defend the fact that Sandberg's Gold Gloves were a load of crap. Great power for a 2B in that era...absolutely...but Gold Glove 2B...no friggin way!

what team were you watching.  He didn't make an error when he was with the Sox and he made a couple game saving catches if i remember.

what are you talking about? you seriously want everett in CF?? are you blackout drunk right now??

his mobility is so limited, the balls he missed were not errors because he didnt try for them. just like honus wagner supposedly never used to move to get ground balls so that he wouldnt have any errors.

oh, and also WE DIDNT WIN THE WORLD SERIES IN 2003

QUOTE(White Sox Josh @ Nov 28, 2005 -> 12:44 PM)
what team were you watching.  He didn't make an error when he was with the Sox and he made a couple game saving catches if i remember.

Carl made one catch over the wall against the A's that saved us a game. Besides that one catch he was probably the worst defensive cf in baseball. Carl was our only hitter who hit worth a damn in the stretch run of 03 but Andruw Jones he was not.