How to make the best grilled cheese sandwhich ever

sox4lifeinPA

heat stove on medium, use frying pan for cooking

two pieces of whole wheat (3-4g of fiber, not immitation whole wheat)

buttered with smart balance butter on the outside parts to help with browning process

one slice of sargento mild cheddar, one slice of sargento provalone.

combine in frying pan

flip until brown

remove from heat and toss onto plate.

consume yummy, buttery, cheesy grilled sandwhich.

repeat until satisfied. (3-4 times will do)

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Nov 27, 2005 -> 12:45 AM)
I would also like to add that Jays-BBQ.jpg makes a great side to a grilled cheese.

I think I will have a meal like this during the Bears game tomorrow.

correct, but there is a slightly superior version:

Jays-PC-HotStuff.jpg

QUOTE(sox4lifeinPA @ Nov 26, 2005 -> 10:32 PM)
consume yummy, buttery, cheesy grilled sandwhich.

Sounds good and it's making me want one real bad! I occasionally make a grilled cheese quartet, using 4 different cheeses. Usually cheddar, swiss, cream cheese and pepperjack. It's pretty decadent. :drink

Substitute tortillas for bread because they travel better.

Grab your backpack and a tent, sleeping bag, pad, Whisperlite camp stove and fuel, small fry pan, brick of cheddar, clarified butter. Hike to the top of the Chisos Mountains in Big Bend. Unpack and fire up the whiperlite. Heat up water for your Ramen noodles, pour water into insulated mug and add SweetSue pouch chicken. Spread a little of the clarified butter onto tortilla and begin heating. Slice cheese onto tortilla. Butter second tortilla, and flip when bottom tortilla begins to brown. When second tortilla is brown and cheese has melted, remove from pan. Enjoy your grilled cheese while 6 miles from the closest road and enjoying a 100 mile view into Mexico.

Deer will wander through your campsite, so keep a clean camp. Don't be alarmed that suddenly there are a billion more stars then you are use to seeing. Without any light for hundreds of miles, and no major sources of pollution, you can see so many more stars.

While sitting back leaning against a bolder, add some water to the instant pudding you brought, mix thoroughly, add crumbled graham crackers and some marshmallows for a portable smore delight. While finishing up the smores, heat some water. After finishing your mug of smores, add hot water to the mug and a coffee single pouch. Swirl around and clean the sides of the mug making a cafe mocha. Use the remainder of the hot water to finish any cleaning your mug may need.

Decide the weather is too nice to stay in a tent and drag your pad and sleeping bad outside and drift off to sleep under the coolest blanket of stars imaginable.

southestview.jpg

QUOTE(Texsox @ Nov 27, 2005 -> 08:28 AM)

Grab your backpack and a tent, sleeping bag, pad, Whisperlite camp stove and fuel, small fry pan, brick of cheddar, clarified butter. Hike to the top of the Chisos Mountains in Big Bend. Unpack and fire up the whiperlite. Heat up water for your Ramen noodles, pour water into insulated mug and add SweetSue pouch chicken. Spread a little of the clarified butter onto tortilla and begin heating. Slice cheese onto tortilla. Butter second tortilla, and flip when bottom tortilla begins to brown. When second tortilla is brown and cheese has melted, remove from pan. Enjoy your grilled cheese while 6 miles from the closest road and enjoying a 100 mile view into Mexico.

Deer will wander through your campsite, so keep a clean camp. Don't be alarmed that suddenly there are a billion more stars then you are use to seeing. Without any light for hundreds of miles, and no major sources of pollution, you can see so many more stars.

While sitting back leaning against a bolder, add some water to the instant pudding you brought, mix thoroughly, add crumbled graham crackers and some marshmallows for a portable smore delight. While finishing up the smores, heat some water. After finishing your mug of smores, add hot water to the mug and a coffee single pouch. Swirl around and clean the sides of the mug making a cafe mocha. Use the remainder of the hot water to finish any cleaning your mug may need.

Decide the weather is too nice to stay in a tent and drag your pad and sleeping bad outside and drift off to sleep under the coolest blanket of stars imaginable.

southestview.jpg

I ain't travelin' to goddamn TEXAS for a cheese sammich!!!

:P :lol:

Pepper Jack cheese with bacon makes a scrumptrulescent cheese sandwich!!!

QUOTE(The Critic @ Nov 27, 2005 -> 08:34 AM)
I ain't travelin' to goddamn TEXAS for a cheese sammich!!!

:P  :lol:

Pepper Jack cheese with bacon makes a scrumptrulescent cheese sandwich!!!

I sooo need to get away. I was going to head up to Hill Country this weekend, but couldn't find anyone to go. My family isn't very supportive of me doing solo backpacking anymore. I guess old and feeble and being miles away from help doesn't mix.

QUOTE(SnB @ Nov 27, 2005 -> 01:14 AM)
correct, but there is a slightly superior version:

Jays-PC-HotStuff.jpg

Whereas I do enjoy the Hot Stuff variety, there is no beating the original BBQ Jays. They taste like no BBQ I have ever had in my entire life, but they are the greatest chip (alongside Funyuns) ever.

QUOTE(Texsox @ Nov 27, 2005 -> 08:28 AM)

southestview.jpg

That's no longer a grilled cheese. It's a quesadilla.

Hike to the top of the Chisos Mountains in Big Bend.

southestview.jpg

Alright! I'd recognize that view from the southeast rim any day. I'll have to admit I didn't get there under my own power, though. I rode a horse up and back. And since I wasn't used to riding, I was SOME sore afterwards. Among the neat things that happened was having a mountain lion spook the horses while we were on the trail.

Anyway, I've great memories of trips to Big Bend National Park - one of my absolute favorite places in the United States.

I like cheese, too.

QUOTE(Mercy! @ Nov 27, 2005 -> 11:52 PM)
Alright!  I'd recognize that view from the southeast rim any day.  I'll have to admit I didn't get there under my own power, though.  I rode a horse up and back.  And since I wasn't used to riding, I was SOME sore afterwards.  Among the neat things that happened was having a mountain lion spook the horses while we were on the trail.

Anyway, I've great memories of trips to Big Bend National Park - one of my absolute favorite places in the United States.

I like cheese, too.

There is something wonderful at seeing the wide open spaces from atop a horse. There are a few spots that I would have been nervous at the drops.

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Nov 27, 2005 -> 05:16 PM)
That's no longer a grilled cheese. It's a quesadilla.

Has anyone else watched Napolean Dynamite and started prounouncing that word the same way his grandma does in the movie?

She says the last part so that it almost rhymes with Godzilla.

I did it once while ordering one at Taco Bell... :ph34r:

QUOTE(Iwritecode @ Nov 28, 2005 -> 10:13 AM)
Has anyone else watched Napolean Dynamite and started prounouncing that word the same way his grandma does in the movie?

She says the last part so that it almost rhymes with Godzilla.

I did it once while ordering one at Taco Bell... :ph34r:

when ordering at Taco Bell, ask for the steak Fah-jy-tah. They love that one.

QUOTE(sox4lifeinPA @ Nov 27, 2005 -> 06:54 AM)
midnight snack last night. the only thing missing, and I'm disappointed no one got this, TOMATO SOUP (made with a cup of milk, not water).

mmmmmmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmmm PA

gotta have some cream of tomato with your grilled cheese... :headbang