Anyone with old Scout stuff?

Texsox

I have an unpainted, uncarved, ungood pinewood derby car with the wheels slapped on it that my wholly unhandy Dad thought passed for a father and son scout project when I was in third grade. :angry:

If I remember correctly (obviously this is a repressed memory of a traumatic experience), they had to shave it down a bunch before it could race and lose horribly because it was heavier than the rules allowed. :angry: :angry:

Then Down and Derby would have brought back some memories. I've grown to really dislike the Pinewood Derby. Too many dads trying to live a second childhood and thinking they win when *their* car finishes first, not winning when their son has a great childhood memory. More than once I've been running a weigh in and did would lift the car carefully from the box and his son would say "Gee dad, is that *our* car?" :headshake

I prefer the Raingutter Regatta. The kids have to propel the boats via air power and there isn't any shaping allowed, so the kids can paint, sticker, etc. and race their boat.

gutter12.jpg

QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Nov 27, 2005 -> 10:24 AM)
I have an unpainted, uncarved, ungood pinewood derby car with the wheels slapped on it that my wholly unhandy Dad thought passed for a father and son scout project when I was in third grade.  :angry:

If I remember correctly (obviously this is a repressed memory of a traumatic experience), they had to shave it down a bunch before it could race and lose horribly because it was heavier than the rules allowed.  :angry:  :angry:

for the 2 years i was in the boy scouts, I won that race both times, and won best looking car both times.

.....of course my dad played a big part in that, but ya know.

Tex, i'll look around the house and see if i can find anything.