Kiss Kills Teen with Allergy

Texsox

Teenager with peanut allergy dies after a kiss

CTV.ca News Staff

A Quebec teenager with a peanut allergy has died after kissing her boyfriend who had eaten a peanut butter sandwich hours earlier.

Fifteen-year-old Christina Desforges died Monday. She went into anaphylactic shock and in spite of being given an adrenalin shot, could not be revived.

More here

s***, that's gonna stay with him for a long time.

I wonder if he knew about the allergy? I'm not suggesting in ANY WAY that he did anything intentionally, I'm just wondering if he had any idea that she had a peanut allergy. Hours had passed anyway, who'd think that it could still trigger something that much later?

Wow, that's a sad story.

I hope that boy gets some help coping. He has got to feel terrible. I couldn't imagine that.

One of my Scouts and his mom have allergies to Penicillin and aspirin. I am always reminding the other adults in charge if anything happens to them, remind the Doctors. We also keep medical treatment forms available with abbreviated histories and notes.

QUOTE(Texsox @ Nov 27, 2005 -> 11:36 AM)
I hope that boy gets some help coping. He has got to feel terrible. I couldn't imagine that.

One of my Scouts and his mom have allergies to Penicillin and aspirin. I am always reminding the other adults in charge if anything happens to them, remind the Doctors. We also keep medical treatment forms available with abbreviated histories and notes.

I'm also allergic to penicillin.

I wonder if I should get some kind of tag or bracelet or something to state that fact, in case I can't speak should I ever need medical assistance?