DA BEARS

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Nov 28, 2005 -> 03:33 PM)
Heh. Strength of Schedule: (Before this week)

Chicago (28)

Carolina (29)

Tampa Bay (30)

Indianapolis (31)

Seattle (32)

I know it's different because you're ranking them from a given point of time during the season, but strength of schedule is basically just two games.

Games within your own divison: 6

Games against a division within your conference: 4

Games against a division in opposing conference: 4

That adds up to 14 games that you'd have to play regardless of the record that you finished with the season beforehand.

Perhaps you have to play a killer AFC division like the AFC West, but those are just the breaks.

Therefore, I usually disregard any talk about "strength of schedule". It's pretty meaningless IMO.

One thing is for certain. We have the most devastating D-Line in the entire NFL right now. I don't care who we've played.

Also, I have found that I'm in the vast minority when having a discussion in regards to the most important player on the D-Line. Almost everyone says Ogunleye or Brown. Both players are pro-bowl caliber, but I consider Tommie Harris to be a Top 5 DT in the entire league. You have to double team him at all times. Not only does he make it easier for Ogunleye and Brown to do their thing, but he also frees up Urlacher to make plays from sideline to sideline without having to take on very many blocks. Think about that for a minute.

I agree with you Hammer my favorite player on the D-Line is Tommie Harris and I think he is a monster. Although im also a big fan of Ian Scott, Alex Brown, and Ogunleye. Even Tank Johnson has played pretty well.

I still think our defense has a lot of room for improvement most noticable being a CB to replace Tillman. Tillman is getting burned weekly now so idonno what the deal is with him. The good thing is Vasher seems to have improved greatly this season. And im not talking about the int im talking about taking his guy out of the game.

QUOTE(hammerhead johnson @ Nov 29, 2005 -> 03:08 PM)
I know it's different because you're ranking them from a given point of time during the season, but strength of schedule is basically just two games.

Games within your own divison: 6

Games against a division within your conference: 4

Games against a division in opposing conference: 4

That adds up to 14 games that you'd have to play regardless of the record that you finished with the season beforehand.   

Perhaps you have to play a killer AFC division like the AFC West, but those are just the breaks.

Therefore, I usually disregard any talk about "strength of schedule".  It's pretty meaningless IMO.

I'm just saying that the NFC is weak sauce, really. :) Of course, right now, it's Indy and everyone else. I wouldn't have said that before last night, but damn.

Those are the breaks, and Chicago got them this year. They're winning like they should against an NFC North that sucks/ed and against NFC South teams that are manic depressive.

Ahh, if only the Colts could play the Bears, I'd have a good week. :P But, that won't happen.

I would like to see a Dallas - Chicago matchup in the playoffs.

**Wow, that was a rambler.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Nov 29, 2005 -> 09:56 PM)
Ahh, if only the Colts could play the Bears, I'd have a good week. :P But, that won't happen.

Perhaps you will get your wish. :D

But yeah, I'm rooting for the Colts to go undefeated. I've been a huge Dungy fan since the mid-90s. I have a Dungy bobblehead and an autographed miniature helmet, if you can believe that. And how can you not love Peyton Manning? That guy is pure class.

These three games are going to be insane:

@Jacksonville

@San Diego

@Seattle

Seattle could have gone undefeated at home fairly easily if not for Archie Manning's sperm. Eli gave them quite a scare. :D

Besides the colts is the AFC really that good? I mean the Patriots are a shell of their former self and that division is by far the worse in the NFL yes worse than the NFC North.

The Bengals are pretty good but are they really better than all of the NFC playoff teams and the Steelers have looked pretty bad this season although they have had QB injuries(like we havent :P ).

Than the Jaguars really arent all that good especially now since Leftwich is out. Even with Leftwich I dont really consider them better than the Bears...

Denver has looked really good this season and are either the 2nd or 3rd best team in the NFL but KC is far from impressive and Chargers are a good team but against other good teams they have lost all their games(Dallas, Denver, Pitts, and Eagles with D-Mac).

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Nov 29, 2005 -> 05:31 PM)
Besides the colts is the AFC really that good?  I mean the Patriots are a shell of their former self and that division is by far the worse in the NFL yes worse than the NFC North.

The Bengals are pretty good but are they really better than all of the NFC playoff teams and the Steelers have looked pretty bad this season although they have had QB injuries(like we havent  :P ).

Than the Jaguars really arent all that good especially now since Leftwich is out.  Even with Leftwich I dont really consider them better than the Bears...

Denver has looked really good this season and are either the 2nd or 3rd best team in the NFL but KC is far from impressive and Chargers are a good team but against other good teams they have lost all their games(Dallas, Denver, Pitts, and Eagles with D-Mac).

A team or 2 in the AFC might not make the playoffs with 10 wins. How many teams will be able to say that in the NFC?

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Nov 29, 2005 -> 02:31 PM)
Besides the colts is the AFC really that good?  I mean the Patriots are a shell of their former self and that division is by far the worse in the NFL yes worse than the NFC North.

The Bengals are pretty good but are they really better than all of the NFC playoff teams and the Steelers have looked pretty bad this season although they have had QB injuries(like we havent  :P ).

Than the Jaguars really arent all that good especially now since Leftwich is out.  Even with Leftwich I dont really consider them better than the Bears...

The Chargers are vastly better than their record - some of their losses have to come down to poor coaching - there's got to be a reason why they keep coming down to the end of games with the lead and losing them.

KC May be more impressive than you think, depending on injuries.