Thome Press Conference

AddisonStSox

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Nov 28, 2005 -> 05:05 PM)
I know its uncommon for alot of folks here, but could you read into it a little more before making brash statements. Kenny had Kidney stones right now and couldnt make it.....

f*** that, check nuts and step up, this is Jim Thome dammit.

QUOTE(fathom @ Nov 28, 2005 -> 07:46 PM)
Another board also has a guy who usually has inside information that says Nomar is the back-up plan.  I personally think it would be a great fit for Nomar, as he could play 3b if Crede has back problems.  If you can put Nomar/Thome in the 3-4, and have enough money left to re-up Garland and AJP, that would be a great offseason.

^^^^

I brought this up at another board. IMO, Nomar makes a helluva lot of sense. Moreso than Mueller, even.

Fathom, from what you hear, how much of an "ego" guy is Nomar? I mean, he'd be in pretty much every game, it's just that he'd probably have to rotate between 1B/DH/3B, and the rare occasional start at SS.

Oh -- and, he could hit second, too, which allows Iguchi to move down in the order. That's why it also makes sense.

Edited by CWSGuy406

Apparently the Cleveland Plain Dealer feels jilted

Given his choice, Jim Thome would have preferred to be playing for the Indians next year. The Indians considered it before Philadelphia traded Thome to the White Sox. Here's what the Phillies asked for when they met with the Indians at the general managers meetings in early November: outfielder Coco Crisp, top pitching prospect Charles Lofgren and another prospect.

-- Cleveland Plain Dealer

-- Cleveland Plain Sore Losers

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Nov 28, 2005 -> 05:21 PM)
Apparently the Cleveland Plain Dealer feels jilted

Given his choice, Jim Thome would have preferred to be playing for the Indians next year. The Indians considered it before Philadelphia traded Thome to the White Sox. Here's what the Phillies asked for when they met with the Indians at the general managers meetings in early November: outfielder Coco Crisp, top pitching prospect Charles Lofgren and another prospect.

-- Cleveland Plain Dealer

-- Cleveland Plain Sore Losers

Cleveland Plain Pussies.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Nov 28, 2005 -> 10:48 PM)
I just saw that he avg'ed 150 games for the last 10 years excluding 2005.  Thats promising.  The opening day game will be interesting.

and your sig quote from Rooney is inaccurate.

yeah, wasn't it OUT OUT a White sox winner and a WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Nov 28, 2005 -> 02:10 PM)
I missed a bunch of the thread, and didnt see the Nomar stuff till now. Obviously I want Kong back with the Sox,and I still think a deal gets done here in the next few weeks. However, Nomar as a fall back would not be the worst thing to happen. The only thing that scares me is that we are putting alot of out eggs in an injury prone basket....

Lets get Kong signed and not have to worry about plans B, C, and D.

If they went with a plan B and opted with Nomar I could see them bringing in another bat as well, so they wouldn't be totally relying on them all. Hell, that would be one instance where I could see Thomas back as the plan C.