Bulls

LDF

according to the trib the bull and thomas has split, yet the bulls will not release thomas from his contract. which is good. thomas is in last yr and that would open a huge opportunity to sign someone big in the offseason.

question

anyone have a link of next yr fa's?

Tim thomas has been a bum from day one. All the people that said thomas will be the best player from the trade are probally kicking their selves in the ass now.

The best...

Peja Stojakovic, SF, Sacramento (Player option)

Ben Wallace, PF/C, Detroit

Nene, PF/C, Denver (Restricted)

Tayshaun Prince, SF, Detroit (Restricted)

Jason Terry, PG, Dallas

Mike Dunleavy, SF, Golden State (Restricted)

Al Harrington, PF, Atlanta

Joel Przybilla, C, Portland

Drew Gooden, PF, Cleveland (Restricted)

Chris Wilcox, PF, L.A. Clippers (Restricted)

Vladimir Radmanovic, SF/PF, Seattle

Keith Van Horn, SF/PF, Dallas

Bobby Jackson, PG/SG, Memphis

Matt Harpring, SG/SF, Utah

James Posey, SG/SF, Miami (Player option)

Bonzi Wells, SG/SF, Sacramento

Reggie Evans, PF, Seattle

Lorenzen Wright, PF/C, Memphis

Caron Butler, SF, Washington (Restricted)

Sam Cassell, PG, Minnesota

Nazr Mohammed, C, San Antonio

Tim Thomas, SF, Chicago

Speedy Claxton, PG, New Orleans

Jimmy Jackson, SG, Phoenix

Michael Olowokandi, C, Minnesota

The rest...

David Wesley, Houston

Leando Barbosa, Phoenix (Team option)

Jason Hart, Sacramento (Player option)

Boris Diaw-Riffiod, Phoenix (Team option)

Gary Payton, Miami

Chucky Atkins, Washington

Marcus Banks, Boston (Team option)

Nick Van Exel, San Antonio

Tony Delk, Atlanta

Keith McLeod, Utah (Team option)

Jacque Vaughn, New Jersey

Rick Brunson, Seattle

Zoran Planinic, New Jersey (Team option)

Lindsey Hunter, Detroit

Royal Ivey, Atlanta (Team option)

Andre Emmett, Miami (Restricted)

Eddie Gill, Indiana

Alvin Williams, Toronto (Player option)

Antonio Burks, Memphis (Restricted)

Lionel Chalmers, LA Clippers (Restricted)

Horace Jenkins, Detroit

Fred Jones, Indiana (Restricted)

Voshon Lenard, Denver

Ronald Murray, Seattle

Derek Anderson, Houston (Player option)

Keith Bogans, Charlotte

John Salmons, Philadelphia (Restricted)

Anfernee Hardaway, New York

Dahntay Jones, Memphis (Team option)

DerMarr Johnson, Denver

Lamond Murray, New Jersey

Fred Hoiberg, Minnesota

Aaron McKie, LA Lakers (Player option)

Eric Piatkowski, Chicago

Greg Buckner, Denver

Shandon Anderson, Miami

Rawle Marshall, Dallas (Team option)

DeShawn Stevenson, Orlando (Player option)

Stacey Augmon, Orlando

Charles Smith, Portland

Bernard Robinson, Charlotte (Restricted)

Reece Gaines, Milwaukee (Team option)

Tony Bobbitt, LA Lakers (Restricted)

Von Wafer, LA Lakers (Team option)

Alan Anderson, Charlotte (Team option)

Devin Brown, Utah (Team option)

Walter McCarty, LA Clippers

Rasual Butler, New Orleans

Aleksandar Pavlovic, Cleveland (Team option)

Brian Cook, LA Lakers (Team option)

Ruben Patterson, Portland (Player option)

Jiri Welsch, Milwaukee (Restricted)

Trevor Ariza, New York (Restricted)

Eric Williams, Toronto (Player option)

Justin Reed, Boston (Restricted)

Jumaine Jones, LA Lakers

Lee Nailon, Philadelphia

Devean George, LA Lakers

Ronald Dupree, Detroit (Restricted)

Matt Barnes, New York Knicks

Maciej Lampe, New Orleans (Restricted)

George Lynch, New Orleans

Calbert Cheaney, Golden State

Ndudi Ebi, Minnesota (Team option)

Ryan Bowen, Houston (Player option)

Toni Kukoc, Milwaukee

Qyntel Woods, Boston

Donta Smith, Atlanta (Team option)

Jamal Mashburn, Philadelphia

Shavlik Randolph, Philadelphia (Restricted)

Darius Songaila, Chicago (Player option)

David West, New Orleans (Team option)

Melvin Ely, Charlotte (Restricted)

Alan Henderson, Cleveland

Kendrick Perkins, Boston (Team option)

Stanislav Medvedenko, LA Lakers

Jackson Vroman, New Orleans (Restricted)

Aaron Williams, Toronto

Bo Outlaw, Orlando

Josh Powell, Dallas (Team option)

Pape Sow, Toronto

Jackie Butler, New York (Restricted)

Deng Gai, Philadelphia (Restricted)

Kelvin Cato, Orlando

Tony Battie, Orlando

Alonzo Mourning, Miami

Scot Pollard, Indiana

Jarron Collins, Utah

DJ Mbenga, Dallas (Restricted)

Francisco Elson, Denver (Restricted)

Ervin Johnson, Milwaukee

Greg Ostertag, Utah

Mario Kasun, Orlando (Restricted)

Jake Voskuhl, Charlotte

Antonio Davis, New York

Loren Woods, Toronto

Curtis Borchardt, Boston (Restricted)

Ha Seung-Jin, Portland (Restricted)

Michael Bradley, Philadelphia

Jason Collier, Atlanta

Earl Barron, Miami

Edited by qwerty

Looking at that list from Orlando's point of view (Battie, Cato are expiring contracts, and we'll hav plenty of $$$$ to spend), I'd hope we go after Nene at least to fill our need at the C position.

But the Bulls should at least get Mohammed and Peja if things play out the way they should.

I will admit I thought he was going to be the steal of the Curry trade, Just another reason why potential is such a dangerous word. Its really unfortunate that Thomas is such a pile of s***, because he actually has some game, and he could have really helped the Bulls with his size, athleticism and scoring ability. But he just wants to collect his $14 million dollar paycheck and exert minimal effort, so he has no place on the Chicago Bulls. I am fine with this though, because the Bulls still have Sweetney, and the Knicks number 1 draft picks for the next couple years.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Nov 29, 2005 -> 05:27 AM)
Looking at that list from Orlando's point of view (Battie, Cato are expiring contracts, and we'll hav plenty of $$$$ to spend), I'd hope we go after Nene at least to fill our need at the C position.

But the Bulls should at least get Mohammed and Peja if things play out the way they should.

I think Peja would be a disaster on the Bulls. Skiles demands defense, and Peja does not play defense. Plus, Peja is suspect in the playoffs. Just MHO

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Nov 29, 2005 -> 02:51 PM)
I will admit I thought he was going to be the steal of the Curry trade, Just another reason why potential is such a dangerous word.  Its really unfortunate that Thomas is such a pile of s***, because he actually has some game, and he could have really helped the Bulls with his size, athleticism and scoring ability.  But he just wants to collect his $14 million dollar paycheck and exert minimal effort, so he has no place on the Chicago Bulls.  I am fine with this though, because the Bulls still have Sweetney, and the Knicks number 1 draft picks for the next couple years.

all the hype for him and he never pan out even in ny. so this is not a player who didn't like the coach or the team. it has to be something more. now do we let him stay at home and collect the money or what?

ref to peja, i have read on several accounts that pax really like him in a bulls uni. so what gives???

i agree that we should look at center. i am sorry to say this, but i think chandler may be out of his element as a starter. who do you think is a good option. has nene developed yet to a player we can depend on?

QUOTE(LDF @ Nov 29, 2005 -> 10:26 AM)
all the hype for him and he never pan out even in ny. so this is not a player who didn't like the coach or the team. it has to be something more. now do we let him stay at home and collect the money or what?

ref to peja, i have read on several accounts that pax really like him in a bulls uni. so what gives???

i agree that we should look at center. i am sorry to say this, but i think chandler may be out of his element as a starter. who do you think is a good option. has nene developed yet to a player we can depend on?

I have also heard that Pax loves Peja. I bet it is hard not to like a guy who can score as easy as Peja. I was just giving my opinion on him, I dont know any insider info.

If the Bulls could get Nene, that would be fantastic. Although the guy has had some problems with the knees, when he is healthy he is quite a load in the paint. Although I wonder what would happen to the starting lineup should Nene come to the Bulls. Would Nocioni, Sweetney, or Chandler go to the bench? Personally I would say Chandler, but the Bulls arent going to pay Tyson starter money to be the 6th man.

QUOTE(Steve9347 @ Nov 29, 2005 -> 12:13 PM)
I knew Tim Thomas would be awful and he wouldn't fit on a Skiles team.  Come on, the guy has had world class talent, and half assed work ethic since he joined the league.  It's not too hard to see where this would have ended up.

This is how I think it will end up if Peja comes to the Bulls. I think Skiles is really gonna get on him about defense and he is going to try and get out.

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Nov 29, 2005 -> 03:31 PM)
I have also heard that Pax loves Peja.  I bet it is hard not to like a guy who can score as easy as Peja.  I was just giving my opinion on him, I dont know any insider info. 

If the Bulls could get Nene, that would be fantastic.  Although the guy has had some problems with the knees, when he is healthy he is quite a load in the paint.  Although I wonder what would happen to the starting lineup should Nene come to the Bulls.  Would Nocioni, Sweetney, or Chandler go to the bench?  Personally I would say Chandler, but the Bulls arent going to pay Tyson starter money to be the 6th man.

i hope you didn't think i was implying that you had info. i was just pointing out something that i didn't you knew.

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Nov 29, 2005 -> 10:31 AM)
I have also heard that Pax loves Peja.  I bet it is hard not to like a guy who can score as easy as Peja.  I was just giving my opinion on him, I dont know any insider info. 

If the Bulls could get Nene, that would be fantastic.  Although the guy has had some problems with the knees, when he is healthy he is quite a load in the paint.  Although I wonder what would happen to the starting lineup should Nene come to the Bulls.  Would Nocioni, Sweetney, or Chandler go to the bench?  Personally I would say Chandler, but the Bulls arent going to pay Tyson starter money to be the 6th man.

Signing Peja would be a mistake. He's 29 years old right now, doesn't play defense, and doesn't play with injuries.

We already have Luol Deng at SF - he looks like he's going to develop into a really good NBA player.

Al Harrington should not be signed as our answer at PF, and Nene is out for the season. Now, if we can sign Nene at a discount, I may be interested, but this guy hasn't done that much in the NBA up to this point as well.

Our biggest piece is Tim Thomas' $14 contract that expires at the end of the season, and the Knicks #1 pick. If we can find a team willing to trade a proven player, specifially a C/PF, for cap flexiblity, that may be our ticket.

I'd say TT still is the most talented player out of that trade, but the problem is he's not a "Skiles" type of player.

Are you serious?

Michael Sweetney >>>>> Tim Thomas

Thomas doesn't play any defense and doesn't rebound. All he can do is shoot. Sweetney can rebound and score inside.

Edited by SSH2005

QUOTE(SSH2005 @ Nov 29, 2005 -> 08:02 PM)
Are you serious?

Thomas doesn't play any defense and doesn't rebound.  All he can do is shoot.  Sweetney can rebound and score inside.

He said Tim Thomas was the most talented player in the trade, not the best NBA player. Huge difference there.

I normally wouldn't defend anything that nitetrain says, but there it is.

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Nov 29, 2005 -> 02:58 PM)
I'd say TT still is the most talented player out of that trade, but the problem is he's not a "Skiles" type of player.

With the effort he's put out over the years, I'm surprised Thomas is anybody's type of player. The guy makes Derrick Coleman look like a hard worker.

He should be out playing video games with Eddie Robinson somewhere.

QUOTE(KevHead0881 @ Nov 29, 2005 -> 03:50 PM)
With the effort he's put out over the years, I'm surprised Thomas is anybody's type of player.  The guy makes Derrick Coleman look like a hard worker.

He should be out playing video games with Eddie Robinson somewhere.

True. That's been the knock on Tim Thomas his whole career - that he doesn't try. I remember hearing him touted as one of the best high school basketball players ever.

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Nov 29, 2005 -> 04:24 PM)
True. That's been the knock on Tim Thomas his whole career - that he doesn't try. I remember hearing him touted as one of the best high school basketball players ever.

I still don't know why. His high school numbers were quite ordinary for most nba players. He must have shown something then that he hasn't shown in college or the nba.

I also don't understand why people make asuch a big deal out of him being able to shoot threes and twenty footers. His field goal percentage is low for what i consider a very damn atheltic 6-10 player... if he wasn't such a fool and took ill advised shots he would be closer to the 50% mark rather than 45%. His defense is awfu and he cannot rebound... at least he can shoot threes better than antoine walker.

Go duhon...

Coming off of three straight road wins over the Lakers, San Antonio and Houston we're feeling real good. It was kind of the same situation last year when we started off 1-10 with that nine game losing streak. Once we had a couple wins in a row, we felt real confident about ourselves and it just helped us get over that hump. We still have to try to make that turn around the corner, but I think we're moving in the right direction.

Mike Sweetney has stepped into the starting lineup and has been playing real well, giving us the inside scoring presence that we need. He has kind of replaced Eddy a little bit. Again, he has to learn and understand the way that we do things here, but he's grasping it and he understands that he's going to play at a high level all the time. He's just very versatile. He has real soft hands, finishes well around the basket and he can step out to around 17 feet and knock down the jumper consistently. It just gives us a lot of options on the offensive end to run plays for him.

He is also helping pick up the slack without Tim Thomas on the floor. I have to say that I'm a little disappointed with the way things turned out because Tim was a great guy from the little time that he was around. He was a guy you didn't have problems with. I liked him a lot. You knew he was very talented, otherwise he wouldn't be making the money that he is making. I felt he could have brought some lift to our team. He was a real good post-up scorer and he could have made us a bigger team on the perimeter, while also playing a little power forward to make us more versatile.

You would have hoped that he would understand the way we do things and that he would be able to adjust. But just being around Scott Skiles, he expects you to play a certain way. It isn't his way or the highway by any means. He's a flexible coach but if you have a different way of doing things, it needs to be a better way of doing things. Tim not playing for us right now hasn't been a distraction because a lot of us understand Skiles and what he demands out of all his players.

We're going to move forward, though, with Orlando and then the Knicks ahead. It will be good to see Eddy in New York. He was one of the real good guys in the locker room last year and one of the reasons that we turned the corner as an organization. Hopefully he gets to play and we get to compete against him. We definitely want him to be healthy and continue to have a real good career.

It'll also be good to see Antonio Davis. It's going to be weird seeing them in a Knicks uniform. But it's a business and you have to adjust to that. Still, it will be strange just going against them in a real game situation where they're on the opposite team.

http://www.nba.com/blog/blog42.html

If the Bulls could sign Peja and Nene/Nazr, they improve mightily. Getting rid of TT's contract would help this cause...

Captain Kirk

Ben

Peja

Tyson

Nene

Sweetney

Deng

Duhon

Etc...

Sweet lineup. Defense takes a step down but the Offense gets a big boost.

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Nov 29, 2005 -> 09:10 PM)
If the Bulls could sign Peja and Nene/Nazr, they improve mightily. Getting rid of TT's contract would help this cause...

Captain Kirk

Ben

Peja

Tyson

Nene

Sweetney

Deng

Duhon

Etc...

Sweet lineup. Defense takes a step down but the Offense gets a big boost.

TT's contract expires after this season, he wouldnt be a factor.

Well kemp supposedly lost 55 pounds and it looking for a comeback. Thought this was good by skiles.

Big man available: There were reports last week that former NBA star Shawn Kemp wants to make a comeback at age 36.

“I’ve known Shawn since he was 14,” said coach Scott Skiles, like Kemp an Indiana native. “I hope he gets back in. I’d like to see him get another shot at it.”

How about with the Bulls?

“I didn’t say that,” Skiles responded.

General manager John Paxson was non-committal about adding anyone and said he’d have to see Kemp play first.

QUOTE(SSH2005 @ Nov 29, 2005 -> 03:02 PM)
Are you serious?

Thomas doesn't play any defense and doesn't rebound.  All he can do is shoot.  Sweetney can rebound and score inside.

I think the difference is in attitude. Thomas has been known as a player who doens't go all-out, and I think Sweetney has been willing to work hard so far for the Bulls.