Magic @ bulls.

qwerty

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Nov 30, 2005 -> 02:28 PM)
Wow Dbaho I dont know if this is the norm but your team plays dirty... its like a team full of Nocioni's almost.  And I mean Nocioni on one of his bad days.

That would be Brian Hill's influence, and I'll take it, considering the MASSIVE improvements we've had on defense compared to previous years. Unfortunately, we're just not that good offensively at all right now.

Our team is really banged up though right now. Francis and Stevenson are playing thru injuries, and Hill and Dooling are out for a while.

Still tonight was probably the worst game those our guards have had all season. Francis was giving up TO's and DeShawn didn't have a good one either, which was a shame because Turkloglu and Dwight both had pretty good nights, with Jameer Nelson doing his Ben Gordon impression off the bench.

I think we can still sneak in for a playoff spot though, IF, we improve offensively, which I think we will.

Yeah Howard really impressed me big time. You didnt really hear his name a lot but what he have 19 points 17 boards thats awesome. I know Francis is banged up so I was expecting him to be shutdown because he has trouble w/ kirk anyways.

I think Stevenson or whatevr is a crap player.... and even if you guys will be a little on the small size has the magic ever tried a Nelson/Francis combo?

That Turklogu seems like he couldnt miss a shot today Idonno how he usually is but he was awesome.... although he seemed like a real ass and I have trouble rooting for guys like that in the NBA.

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Nov 30, 2005 -> 07:50 PM)
Yeah Howard really impressed me big time.  You didnt really hear his name a lot but what he have 19 points 17 boards thats awesome.  I know Francis is banged up so I was expecting him to be shutdown because he has trouble w/ kirk anyways.

I think Stevenson or whatevr is a crap player.... and even if you guys will be a little on the small size has the magic ever tried a Nelson/Francis combo? 

That Turklogu seems like he couldnt miss a shot today Idonno how he usually is but he was awesome.... although he seemed like a real ass and I have trouble rooting for guys like that in the NBA.

Yeah Dwight had another good game, he's a lot more consistent now, but he needs to improve his FT% to at least the 70% mark.

Stevenson's starting because Hill decided just before training camp, that he wanted Francis to play at PG not SG, and not for Dooling and Nelson to have an open competition at PG, plus he plays pretty good defense. But it's a position we need to upgrade. Stevenson's not a good shooter, and we need an outside threat there. Someone like Adam Morrison or even J.J Redick (watch me get flamed), could be options in the draft, unless we take a big like Aldridge (since there's like no GOOD C prospects at all).

Hedo's a very streaky player. He's an excellent 6th man for us, because he pretty much provides offense. But he probably fitted better in our up tempo offense last season, but still his last few games have been encouraging. He was a good signing for the MLE. For him being an ass, since I pretty much never get to watch Magic games I don't know, but I really haven't read anything about that.

On the Bulls, Charley Rosen did his review of them tonight. It's a good read;

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/5118986

The Bulls are a very well-coached outfit. Their game plan (especially on defense) is sound and so is their execution. But their future success is limited for several reasons: A lack of a dependable post-scorer. Chandler's inconsistency. Gordon's inconsistency. Sweetney's fat butt. The need for another bruising big man, as well as a wing who can create his own scoring opportunities.

However, never underestimate Kirk Hinrich's will to win. And never underestimate the power of defense.

Did anyone see when Steve Francis got nailed in the head with one of Nocioni's elbows(one of many thrown by both teams, unintentional and intentional), and he turned to the ref and told him "Im gonna get that guy back". Tom Dore and Red Kerr caught it on the replay, and I couldnt believe the ref let it slide.